Start by marking “Torchwood: The Lost Files” as Want to Read:
Torchwood: The Lost Files

Torchwood: The Lost Files

(Torchwood Radio Dramas #5-7)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
These three brand-new audio originals presenting the investigations and adventures of the Torchwood team are narrated by members of the hit show on BBC America. Story details are to be announced.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 29th 2011 by BBC Audiobooks (first published September 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Torchwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchwood

From BBC Radio 4 - Afternoon Drama:
When Rhys's elderly Uncle Bryn has a heart attack while listening to the shipping forecast, it seems like another routine death at Ivyday Nursing Home. But when Rhys and Gwen go to collect the old man's effects, Gwen's suspicions are roused by another elderly resident. The conversation is cut short, though, by a fire alarm, one of many consequences of the mysterious power cuts that are sweeping the nation. Gwen has a hunch that something is wrong and her search
Amanda
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: radioplay
Not as good as the first set of radio plays was, but these things are like crack. So easy to listen to over the course of an afternoon's work in the lab.
Jess Anastasi
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More great audio drama from Torchwood. These were originally radio plays but have been brought together in a single audiobook.
1) The Devil and Miss Carew
2) Submission
3) House of the Dead
Let's be honest before I say anything else, I'm pretty much going to talk about #janto and nothing else.
The tracks were about 40 to 45 minutes each, so almost the length of a TV episode. I find these probably aren't quite as well written or executed as the Big Finish Productions ones, but let's face it, no audi
Lyndsay-ann
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
The Devil and Miss Carew
Listened to this one first of the three. Wasn't really crazy about it as it felt too short and quick. It almost felt like the story could have been expanded on as it started, they knew the bad guy, and it was over. Gwen of course got herself kidnapped after thinking she could handle something she actually couldn't and needed to be rescued by her husband. The Jack and Ianto moments were good though.

Submission
I really liked this one. It delved a bit more into Ianto's past w
Tabatha
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I was just beaten to a pulp in the feels! I wish I had had a box of tissues with me. These three stories felt just like missing episodes of Torchwood.
Jessica Landberg
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Three stories from Torchwood, that are really good. I especially liked the second one, "Submission", which I found rather claustrophobic...
Shawn
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
these lost file stories were very much like missing episodes from the torchwood series. enjoyable, but I should have loved to see them rather than just hear them.
Sara Habein
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Really great set of three Torchwood stories. John Barrowman's acting weaknesses are more apparent when you can't see him interacting with others, or aren't distracted by his loveliness, but I'm glad I gave this a listen.
Julie
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, overdrive, sff
3 separate radio plays, all very good. Makes me realize how much I miss the show.
Michelle Gamboa
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Torchwood Fans
It was just like watching an episode on tv with all the great acting, but none of the special effects.
Gabriel Mero
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed all three audio dramas in this set, but the third one was by far my favorite. Having some Ianto/Jack moments lost COE was pure genius.
vgy
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Fun & entertaining enough to be 4 stars. If only there were more tv episodes coming in the future. *sigh*
Fiona Mccrea
Mar 05, 2013
Zuzana Krnacova
Jul 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
James Goss has written two Torchwood novels and a radio play, as well as a Being Human book. His Doctor Who audiobook Dead Air won Best Audiobook 2010. James also spent seven years working on the BBC's official Doctor Who website and co-wrote the website for Torchwood Series One. In 2007, he won the Best Adaptation category in the annual LA Weekly Theatre Awards for his version of Douglas Adams' n ...more

Torchwood Radio Dramas (10 books)
  • Torchwood: Lost Souls
  • Torchwood: Asylum
  • Golden Age (Torchwood Radio Dramas, #3)
  • Torchwood: Dead Line