Start by marking “Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free” as Want to Read:
Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free

Morning Glories, Vol. 2: All Will Be Free (Morning Glories Vol. 2: 7-12)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  5,022 Ratings  ·  283 Reviews
Morning Glory Academy

One of the most prestigious prep schools in the country...But behind it's hallowed doors something sinister and deadly lurks. When six brilliant but troubled new students arrive, they find themselves trapped and desperately seeking answers...and escape from a place where nothing is what it seems to be! Learn the dark secrets of the Glories' past lives
Published October 4th 2011 by Image Comics (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Morning Glories, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning Glories, Vol. 2

Anne
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who is Abraham? And what the hell is going on?!
description
Volume 2 gives us some new insight into the teens. Origin stories, if you will. Some of them confirm what you already suspected, but several of the kids seem to be hiding something about themselves that shows them a vastly different light.

description

The school itself is still a mystery, and I know that's really rubbing a lot of you the wrong way. However, for now, I'm still caught up enough in Spenser's storytelling that I don't mind it much.

There are a couple
Raeleen Lemay
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphicomanga
Wow, people really weren't lying when they told me there are just more questions and no answers with each volume. I will keep reading because I'm curious, but this series better not be too long because I need to know what's going on!
Lindsey Rey
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
I recommend this series for fans of Lost! I'm excited to read Volume 3!
Ronyell
Morning Glories

Introduction:

After reading the first volume of “Morning Glories Volume One: For a Better Future” by Nick Spencer along with artwork by Joe Eisma, I was curious to see how the characters would get out of the nightmarish Morning Glory Academy while keeping their sanities in check. Now, I finally got around to reading the second volume of this series “Morning Glories Volume Two: All Will be Free” and I am proud to say that the stories are starting to progress a bit more with these characters!

Wh
James DeSantis
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Again, does anyone know what in the fuck is happening here?

Again, I'm intrigued.

So I bought volume 3-4 right after on amazon for 4 bucks a piece.

So Morning glories decides to go deeper into individual stories here. Without spoiling it gets a nice look at all the kids. See their hidden feelings and view points. Some more fucked up than others. I also really liked the issue with the rich spoiled piece of shit. Didn't love Jun's story, his was just okay at best.

The art remains solid throughout
Nicolo Yu
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comixology
I bought this off Comixology since the first trade really wowed me. I had high expectations on this digital collected edition going on and sadly, it did not reach them.

The book is good, but it doesn't have the magic the first six-issue arc had on me. Perhaps the intervening timt between my reading of the two volume may have contributed but that is not the only reason. The overall narrative moves too slow in my opinion; I mean, I still don't know what kind of crazy school Morning Glories Academy
Irena
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While I really liked the first volume, I can honestly say this one is way better.
The first volume was mostly an introduction blended with mystery.
This installment brings even more mystery aspects into the story, but at the same time, it makes us feel like we are on a good way to figure out what the heck is happening.

I have a feeling that this series will be the one where you find yourself attached to characters more then the story itself.
If you ask me, that means only good, because characters w
Rachel Lightwood
Unfortunately, I didn't like this one nearly as much as I enjoyed the first book. To be honest, I didn't really understand most of it. I liked that we got to see the characters' back stories but I was confused at the majority of events and could barely piece together the interweaving storylines.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reminds me so much of Lost, I'm loving this series!
Frannie Pan
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Completely speechless and mindblown" doesn't give you the right picture of what I'm feeling right now.
I'm not even quite sure if all the shit that went down is reality or whatnot.

In this 2nd volume, we get glimpses and flashbacks of our main characters' pasts which are majestically interwoven with the present events.
Casey might be my favorite, she's so goddamn kickass while Jade is.. well, she's a bit of a mistery that I can't wait to unravel! I still haven't wrapped my mind around Zoe and Ik
Jenna
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I was a tiny bit bored with this volume. However, I enjoyed how each story ended in a cliff hanger and I hope to learn more when I get ahold of the next volume.
Michael
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
After really enjoying the first arc in this series, I was eager to see where the storylines might go next.

And while I liked this second half-dozen issues collected here, it felt like there was a little less of a focus to this collection than the first.

The six stories here each feature flashbacks that offer a bit more depth to some of the characters in the Morning Glories universe. The main thread running through the rest of the story is the fall-out from the events in volume 1 and the impact it
Caroline
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This series continues to be entertaining (for values of entertaining that include 'really f***ed up'), but the 'lots of teases and no answers' thing is getting a little stale. Also, while the art is nice to look at, it's not always easy to distinguish faces and this sometimes interferes with the story. More annoying is the exploitative sexy-schoolgirl nature of some of the drawings, for what are entirely-unrelated-to-story reading. This is a grownup book and I don't mind the implication of actua ...more
Elena
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first volume! I'm officially addicted.
Leah
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
After finishing Volume 1 of this series, I went directly to reading ALL WILL BE. It was late at night, and I didn't really want to start a novel, so while I wasn't that excited about the first volume, I said what the hell and went to reading this volume.

I have to say that I'm happy I took out more than just the first volume of Morning Glories. While this series isn't up there at all with my favorite graphic novels, it has been some nice mindless reading for me.

The writing:

Has definitely gotten b
Geoff Sebesta
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Let me just say that I find the cover a summation of everything I hate about comics. What does this cover say? It says absolutely nothing except that I am reading a comic about sexy schoolgirls. That is apparently all the creators of this comic want me to know. "Buy my comic and I will show you a drawing of a woman's leg." And that's great and all, but the sexy leg is actually on the cover, so I can't see it while I'm theoretically reading this crap. Instead, I have to sit there digesting this t ...more
Jesse Nicholas
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Man this is good! Just enough intrigue to keep you reading with all it's crazy ass shit! (Pardon my language) With every chapter I can't wait to move on to the next. I love we got to see a little more into the past of our core 6 and see what makes them crack.

Can't wait for more!
Scott Roberts
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like the story plot. I give this book 5 stars.
J
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
So I read the first volume a couple weeks ago, and a GR friend of mine asked if I would read and review the second one. So I said hey, why not? I can get it for free anyway. So I got it, and I was actually glad to have gotten it. This was significantly better than the first one.

My biggest complaint about the first volume was how cookie-cutter the characters were. They were so cliche and they had almost no compelling backgrounds. This book really changed that. Almost all of the characters backg
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

Well I am just as confused, if not actually more confused, then what I was when I finished Volume. 1 and from what I understand it's not going to get any better from here, haha. I think part of the enjoyment of this series is going to be the complete lack of awareness of what's going on and then having thing just click in a massive 'WOAH!!!' moment or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

I have to say, my favourite part about this graphic novel series so far has to be the artwork. It is
Melissa Chung
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
There is a lot of back story in this volume which I thought was interesting. All the kids have something weird about them. Something slightly supernatural. I still cant figure out why they have been selected to go to this school or what the faculty need them for. The ending was a hook. Now I definitely need to find out who Lara Hodge is and if she is a friend or foe.
lexi {#1 adam parrish stan}
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75/5 stars.
Gina
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! I'm not quite sure what's going on but I am loving it!! This is an fascinating story!!
Nancy O'Toole
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
What would you do if you knew if the teachers at your school really were out to get you? Zoe, Hunter, Jun, Jade, Ike and Casey still don't know the full truth about what's going on at Morning Glory Academy, but they do know that it's far from your typical boarding school, and they have no way of getting out alive. The second volume of this series takes a closer look at these six protagonists, answering the question of “where did these kids come from?” while giving more hints about the truth behi ...more
Max
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
What started as a fun, but somewhat generic member of the post-Lost subgenre, Morning Glories has really come into its own as of this volume. The first arc was a relatively slow-paced and possibly decompressed story that introduced the characters as mostly stereotypes and contained the obligatory thousands of questions about whats going on. But still, I stuck with it because it seemed to have potential, and Nick Spencer exploded onto the comic scene as soon as this came out so I was interested i ...more
Connie
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars

Seriously, character driven comics/graphic novels are my jam . There's been so much development of characters, as well as the introduction of another character I think will be important to the plot, that I'm just loving this.

As far as plot goes, there wasn't so much development on that front in this volume, but Morning Glories is just getting on its feet at this point and we sort of need this character back story so we understand the characters more and just... Feel more connected to
Cassie
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I still have absolutely no idea what is going on, but I still love it, which I suppose is all it needs to do. There's enough being gradually revealed that little notions are working at the back of my mind and I'm curious to know more, but not so much that I can see through it. I enjoy going through each of the characters' backstories, but the one I really want to see more of is Ike's. Waiting with impatience for further issues!
Lulu
A re-read. A solid instalment, with lots of backstory. Hunter's is definitely my favourite, and was on the first read-through too. Just so many questions there! I'm glad the spotlight was off Casey for a little while because while I like her character, she is pretty overbearing. I'm glad Jade had some time on her own in this volume, too.

Still lots of questions being introduced, and all the Glories have secrets waiting to be cracked.
BellaGBear
Aug 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This is both a good story and a not so good one. The overal premise is interesting and there is happening enough weird unexpected stuff to keep the story interesting. Sadly the events follow illogically upon each other. The story seems to try hard to tell an epic dramatic tail, but fails to give the story lines enough depth and background.
Amanda
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
First book/graphic novel of the year. I'm still massively in love with the sudden twists and turns of this series. I do Li e how this time we started replaying scenes and following how other characters came into them and where they went from them.

I can't wait to see where the third arc will take us.
  • Mind the Gap, Volume 2: Wish You Were Here
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Echo: The Complete Edition
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 5: On to Genesis
  • Hack/Slash Omnibus Volume 2
  • Invincible, Vol. 14: The Viltrumite War
  • American Vampire, Vol. 3
  • Sweet Tooth, Volume 2: In Captivity
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1: Cold Dead Fingers (The Sixth Gun, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 2:  Teenage Wasteland (Runaways, #2)
  • Stumptown, Vol. 2
  • Fatale, Vol. 3: West of Hell (Fatale, #3)
Nick Spencer is a comic book writer known for his creator-owned titles at Image Comics (Existence 2.0/3.0, Forgetless, Shuddertown, Morning Glories), his work at DC Comics (Action Comics, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents), and for his current work at Marvel Comics (Iron Man 2.0, Ultimate Comics: X-Men).
More about Nick Spencer...