Start by marking “Prick: Confessions of a Tattoo Artist” as Want to Read:
Prick: Confessions of a Tattoo Artist

Prick: Confessions of a Tattoo Artist

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Anthony “Ant” Young is a 21-year-old artist earning his tattooing apprenticeship under Hank the Tank, a founding member of the powerful Lucifer’s Choice motorcycle gang. Though Ant was fleeing violence when he left his home, his new circumstances and mentor expose him to a vicious and frightening criminal underworld in Victoria, British Columbia. A cynical antihero, Ant’s ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Tightrope Books, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Prick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prick

Rod Raglin
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
High energy, fast paced, authentic portrayal of the seedy side of life
Anthony’s a punk, a miscreant who’s already done time in juvie for selling drugs even before he’s finished high school. Raised by his grandparents in Calgary, Anthony heads for the west coast as soon as he graduates and ends up in Victoria.

Interested in tattoos and good at drawing he decides being a tattoo artist is his calling. He becomes an apprentice at Capital Tattoo, owned by Hank the Tank, a full patch member of the b
Thorneyb
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast read and not something I would normally pick up. I found it on display at the library, flipped it open and saw some cursing which apparently appealed to me in the moment. Although the main character makes one bad decision after another, the author has painted him with enough human emotion to connect on some level. The ending was not what I expected nor hoped for but I did enjoy this one overall.
Alexa
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend of mine who is related to the author, so I was excited to get my hands on it.

It was awesome to read a novel not only set in Canada, but in places that are very familiar to me. The book was incredibly realistic, about the journey of a young man becoming a tattoo artists, and the crowd he fell in with and choices he made getting there. The subject matter was tough, but the author wrote about it well, and the storyline was very believable.

Tamar
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a nice story about a big jerk who is probably a lot like your (ok a lot like my) exboyfriends. A lot like ex-significant others, the main guy is totally unsympathetic with absolutely nothing to redeem him. Everything about Prick would've been way better if the narrator was a lesbian, mostly because the sex scenes would've been sexier. But it's a great Canadian read that is, I'm sure, pretty under read.
Leona B
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Well-written and fast-paced story about a prick of a newbie tattoo artist in Victoria, BC. The main character is a really realistic asshole, the kind of dude who lacks self-awareness or self-preservation skills, and it wasn't enjoyable reading him. However, he was captured perfectly, and if you're looking for something gritty with a Canadian antihero, this is your book.
Ben
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Good book, fast paced and hard to put down. Not the type of book I would usually read, but still a good experience.
Liisa
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
yay! awesome book ... I did not think Ms Little's brain could work this way! Not the Ashley I know!! I guess that's what makes a great author!!!
Foo
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is another one of those stories that sticks with you. Ant may not be someone I would ever hang around but I loved reading his story.
Audrey
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! Definitely a Canadian author to watch! I read this book in one evening and could not put it down. I did like Ashley's Anatomy of a Girl Gang more, though.
Anna Louise
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down!
Monica