Start by marking “Fern (Seven Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fern (Seven Brides, #2)

Fern (Seven Brides #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  612 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A man of culture, lawyer James Madison Randolph enjoys a refined life in Boston, far away from the ramshackle ranch he grew up on and the secrets that haunted him there. Forced to return to the hated frontier when his brother is accused of murder, he still has no use for anything it has to offer--not the backbreaking work, not the barren wastelands, and especially not the ...more
Published July 1st 1998 by Leisure Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Fern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fern

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Madison is the black sheep of his family. He went off to the North and became a citified lawyer. You can guess he and Jeff (who fought for the South) don't get along. Yet, even though he doesn't care for his brothers, he loves them and comes to town to defend his brother from a murder change.

Madison was a interesting contrast to his rough and tumble cowboy brothers (with the exception of Jeff, who is a businessman, and Zac, who is a gambler). He would have been called a metrosexual if he was ar
Cat
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for a good romance with stubborn couples and this is no exception. (I have also discovered that I am a sucker for a good smutty book ahah!)I love the West and the dangerous and rebellious people that inhabit it! (Well I inhabit it too so that would explain my rebelliousness! haha!). I loved the plot, characters, and story in all. Planning on reading the rest of the series! One thing I didn't like-I could not put the book down! I have such a crick in my neck! AWESOME BOOK!
Jaimey
Nov 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Even though I found the heroine a little irritating, it was understandable, considering her past. The hero was intriguing, especially since he was only mentioned in the first book of this series. Some aspects of the story felt a little loose...but for the most part, I really liked it.
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
I liked this one just as much as the first one. I know I liked Madison more than George and I liked Fern almost as much as Rose. On to Monty!
Kathryn
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
This story took place in Kansas and brings the missing Madison into the picture. He comes back to defend his brother Hen, who is being tried for murder. He has been in Boston, where he attended school and became a lawyer for his friend Freddie.
Iris is determined not to like anyone with the name Randolph. She wants Hen to hang for the murder of her cousin Troy. Immediately she does her best to get under Madison's skin.
There is a lot of fire and sparks to this story as these two set aside their di
Galena Sanz
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otro libro de esta serie y de este autor que termina por gustarme mucho, aunque debo admitir que no tanto como el primero.

La historia de Madison no me llamaba la atención en un principio porque era el único hermano Randolph que no conocía, su carácter no me ha gustado mucho, aunque Fern es una mujer con carácter y bastante peculiar. A pesar de todo la trama no es muy original, aunque sí entretenida, y hay algunos clichés, pero como sigue siendo una novela histórica de Western, se perdonan.

Esper
Sherry
Jun 09, 2008 added it
Leigh Greenwood is a man and his imagniation is absolutely wonderful. I'm over 1/2 way through the series and each book is great. With the exception of the first book all seven brothers show up in each book so far.
Stacy Papineau
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book thus far. I love the roguish rapier wit of Madison, and the surly spunk of Fern. Their dialogue is endlessly entertaining and there are parts I read over and over to be sure I get every drop of innuendo out of each page. Thoroughly entertaining.
Oly
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nota = 3,5/5

Un buen libro, que pese a no estar a la altura de Rose, no hace más que confirmar la buena opinión que tengo de este autor.
Melissa
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-gave-away
This is a very good series and I enjoyed Fern and Madison's book. They were a rather cantankerous couple but a lot of fun.
Charlene Raddon
Enjoyable story. Greenwood is a great writer
Kelly
Jul 21, 2008 marked it as to-read
Shelves: leigh-greenwood, next
bk 2
Angelie
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
the story of Madison ♥ Fern :) ♥ love it :)
Julie Hoffpauir
Mar 29, 2012
Gina
Aug 03, 2010
  • Gunslinger
  • Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)
  • Devil in Spurs
  • Cherish
  • Eden
  • Prairie Moon
  • Texas Splendor (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)

Seven Brides (7 books)
  • Rose (Seven Brides, #1)
  • Iris  (Seven Brides, #3)
  • Laurel (Seven Brides, #4)
  • Daisy (Seven Brides, #5)
  • Violet (Seven Brides, #6)
  • Lily (Seven Brides, #7)