Start by marking “Haunted Destiny” as Want to Read:
Haunted Destiny

Haunted Destiny

Destiny Dove is the only survivor of a tragic car crash that killed her parents and baby brother. A teen uprooted from her home, she is forced to live with her New Age Grandmother whom she’s been taught her entire life to fear. If that’s not enough Destiny soon discovers she has developed the family gift of being able to see and talk to ghosts, The Shade Sight, her grandmo ...more
Paperback, 2nd, 276 pages
Published September 15th 2012 by World Castle Publishing (first published September 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Destiny

Jennifer Treviño
Spooky Awesomeness!
There are so many reasons why I loved this story! The storyline is a mixture of traditional hauntings with an eclectic twist. While the plot is not overly complicated it is very entertaining in a spine tingling way. The characters are eccentric & pull you in. And what a finale! A terrific young adult paranormal tale I will enjoy sharing with my kids!
Kim Bishop
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story begins in 1815 with a psycho man killing his daughter because he thinks she is a witch! Not quite sure where this story will take me, this part of the story picks up again later in the book. Then we arrive in the present time with a happy family of four on vacation and they get into a car accident! Destiny, the teenage daughter, is the only one conscious after the wreck and is trying to help her baby brother out of his restraints when she is yanked out by her ankles only to then witnes ...more
Elissa
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, let me just say that while I have enjoyed many books here recently, but to just say I loved this book, well it just doesn't cut it. Haunted Destiny is a Young Adult Paranormal Fiction, with some hint of romance. If you like a good ghost story, you are going to love this book.

Destiny Dove is in a tragic accident, losing her mother, father, and little brother, who she tries desperately to save. Suddenly orphaned, Destiny finds herself living with her estranged grandmother. Now I must sa
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

The prologue is gripping. It’s so horrific that you can’t help but be sucked into the story.

Destiny is unique to say the least. Her whole world has changed since her family’s death. She meets her Grandmother Rose for the first time. Destiny’s mother had been estranged from her mother. Destiny has grown up with a prejudice against Rose but she puts it aside and keeps an open mind.

Destiny wants to make some friends before school begins. She meets Jake and Amy out
Karen Fuller
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book expecting a YA ghostly romance, and I got so much more. I really enjoyed Destiny's story. Kelly Abell spun a chillingly realistic tale, and a very good read. I highly recommend it.
PRINCESS
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, e-book
Frosthaven, Connecticut 1815.
Believing that she is a witch and her mum and brother are carrying a curse, her father sets a firs in the house, kills her mum and little brother and Enya takes her last breath. The last thing Enya experienced in her short innocent life was the sulfurous stench of his breath as he laughed his demonic laugh.

Acradia, Florida 2008.
Destiny has lost her mother, brother and father less than a week ago. She is now leaving with her grandmother; Rose. She finally befriends th
Valerie Mcqueen
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haunted Destiny by Kelly Abell

Rating5*****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.
Michelle McQueen
YATR review panel

Destiny had her while world changed with the accident. Being the only person in her family to survive, she is now sent to live with her grandma. The same grandma she was never allowed to see. The sane grandma her mother thought was a witch.
Settling in with her grandmother Rose, Destiny realizes that there truly is something to the story
Jenifer Ruff
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haunted Destiny is a smoothly written spooky story. After a car crash kills her family, Destiny Dove is sent to live with her Grandmother, whom she hardly knows. Destiny soon discovers that her mother hid a family secret, one Destiny unknowingly inherited. With patience and wisdom, the grandmother teaches her to use her newly discovered gift. Meanwhile, Jake, the kind and handsome boy from down the road, does his best to help Destiny adjust to her new surroundings. But with Jake comes Amy, his j ...more
Grammy 1
Dec 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
picked up Kelly Abells book as I saw it on a forum and wanted to be able to give myself and my grandchildren something fun to read and yet have it believeable...I always read first for content and just thought how wonderful this story was and how creative the writer...
Destiny is a young girl who was suddenly touched by tragedy. In a car accident that claimed her mother, father and baby brother she is taken from her rather elite home and moves to a trailer with a grandmother she never knew.

She
Susan Ritter
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hauntingly amazing!!!!!
I loved this book!!! Yes it's a YA, yes I'm an adult, and yes I was hooked from the prologue. Please please please I want more books about Destiny, her friends, family, and others.... I was enthralled from the beginning to the end, I love the strong writing, the story flows so smoothly.  A must read for YAs and Adults if you are looking thriller, but the bonus is life lessons, relationships, love, ok some gross horror, supernatural and sooooo much more.
♦Jennifer♦
Overall, this is something I would recommend for those on the younger end of the YA spectrum. Being closer to Destiny's age might help the reader like and/or understand Destiny better. The characters were consistent, and the story was solid. I just wish that Destiny would've been more assertive, or that it went a little more in depth to why the furniture was being haunted.

You'll soon be able to see the full review at Literary Escapism.
Lauren
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall the story was pretty boring and dragged on, it never got really exciting. I felt that the characters were pretty bland.
Caroline Rolley
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The "final battle" and the ending felt really rushed compared to the rest of the book but it was a good read.
Suella
Jun 28, 2013
Maureen Miller
Sep 18, 2009
Kelly
Aug 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kate
May 13, 2015
Paranormaly Yours...: Starting Haunted Destiny 1 2 Apr 24, 2015 06:48PM
Re-Released 1 1 Sep 28, 2012 04:27AM
Series 1 3 Sep 12, 2009 07:40PM
Kelly is the author of thirteen novels. She writes young adult thrillers as well as adult romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance. She writes about gripping characters in tense situations that keep a reader turning the pages. The greatest compliment she can receive is for someone to say they lost sleep because they just couldn't put one of her books down. She also spends a great deal of ...more