Start by marking “After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)

After Eden

(Fallen Angels #1)

Devi knows she shouldn’t trust the new employee at her favorite used bookstore. Sure, he’s funny, smart and hands down the sexiest guy she’s ever met, but something dark lurks behind his unassuming smile and sinful green eyes.

Still, a girl can’t always afford to be picky. When an angel abducts your twin brother it should come as no surprise that the one person who can help
Nook, 315 pages
Published April 20th 2011 by Katherine Pine, via Smashwords (first published January 9th 2011)

Start your review of After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)
CJ
**NOTE: I am updating my reviews. Y'know: older, wiser, more eloquent.**

I don't know what possessed me to read this book. The summary seems intriguing enough, but after reading it… let's just chalk it up to a momentary lapse in judgement.

In terms of plot, this book is all over the place. It reads like Katherine Pine never devised a plot, or a reference sheet or anything else she could use to keep this book consistent. Because it is all over the place. This is what I will henceforth refer to as
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying see author think outside the box. Stories are now becoming so much more than what they used to be. One genre that is popular is angels. I love the any story with angels, but when Heaven and Hell go to war, its even better.

Devi is a great character. I loved her personality from the very start. She is a very humbling young lady who is just trying to find answers. I like how both her and her brother had a strong connection to war that is going on. The storyline is not only
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an okay read. At times it was a little slow though. I liked it enough to make the effort to finish it. If the author hadn't mysteriously disappeared from the face of the earth I might have continued this series. However, it seems like it will never be completed so why waste my time.
Steffy
Sep 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
The summary was good and the few first chapters have real potential, I really thought I would enjoy that book but unfortunately the promising start didn’t really deliver.
I know that starts of series might not always seem like the best but this book didn’t manage to capture my interest on any level.
I can’t say the plot is flawed but there is a lot of inconsistencies, the absence of some essential explanation that almost makes me wonder if the author had a define plan when she started to write the
Kami Dodson-Perry
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Devi is very emotional even though most of the time she does not know why. Devi has missed a part of herself since her brother was stolen & she has never felt whole since. Devi is constantly thinking about her brother & any answers she can get she is willing to pay the price for the answers. Her favorite bookstore is now owned by Oz who is a demon & she is falling in love with. There is a curse on demons (which in this series are fallen angels)& it is related to love which really ...more
Chrissy
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a good story and I am looking forward to the next book. I do have one issue with this book that made me give it a lower rating. This may be a spoiler so be forewarned!

I was extremely disappointed with Devi's treatment of Camael. I frankly didn't understand why she was so hostile and cruel to him. I don't care that Camael technically doesn't have feelings, but seriously, it's human decency to not be so uncaring. It confused me that Devi was upset over the bug that flew into the flames,
Jan 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
First, I'll give you the good: This book is somewhat funny. I found myself laughing outright at some of the scenarios and banter, so that was good. Unfortunately, that isn't what this book is about and it doesn't make this book better overall.

I'm going to agree with some of the other reviewers on this: There is a beginning and an end, but the middle is lacking. Neither the beginning nor end are that spectacular either, and that's why I gave it two stars.

The beginning is okay. At first it seems
TheBookAddictedGirl
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone Who Loves Dark Romance With An Angelic Twist!
I was asked by the author, Katherine Pine, to review After Eden. Well, with angels, dark romance, demons and the paranormal, this book sounded like my idea of heaven (no pun intended, there). I had even been planning on buying it, before Katherine offered it to me. And, after finishing, I can honestly tell you all that I loved this book! Thank you Katherine, so, so much!
There was something very addictive about After Eden, right from the beginning. The prologue was simply amazing, about how
Katinki
May 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: angel-books
I'll call this one really more like 2.5 stars. It's better than a 2 but not as good as a 3...so yeah, 2.5

What I like:
- The world. I liked the potential here - the demons, the angel hierarchy, the devils, the spiritless, the soulless, etc. It's a pretty nifty idea.
- I also like the conflict presented with Devi (main character) and her brother and how they fit into this particular world. I also like the separate romantic conflict between Devi and Azazel/aka Oz (conflict meaning she's destined
Jody
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angels, demon
After Eden was easy to read and I liked the story about an outcast Devi, who meets a mysterious guy at her favorite used book store. Devi's twin brother Kai was taken by an Angel when she was 10. She has always felt she was missing something ever since that day. She has been plagued by migraines since his disappearance. Her father commited suicide on their couch because he couldn't stand the loss of his son. Davi's Mom is an alcoholic and more absent than present in her life. When Devi meets Oz, ...more
Alyssa
3.5 This book was surprisingly good for 99c on Amazon!

Meet Devi. Her brother Kai was taken away by a gorgeous angel when they were children, her father committed suicide, and her mother -- who blames herself for all the wrong that has happened to their family -- is a shell of herself. She drinks alcohol and passes out on a couch that is the same model as the one her dead husband shot himself on.

Meet Oz, or Azazel (or Jasmine... more on that to come). He is a fallen angel, or a devil. He owns a
Molly
Mar 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-magic, indie
I had to give this one up at about 60%. I wanted to check out some independently published books, and this one has a great cover that drew me in, but I was very disappointed.

The premise is not too bad. As far as fallen angels go, it's fairly standard. The twist is that God cursed demons to be killed by any humans they fall in love with. It had potential, but there are several fundamental problems.

First is editing. I can't stress this enough. Everyone needs a professional copy editor at the very
Gabby
Can you give negative stars? I honestly had to make new shelves just for this book. The characters were annoying and always crying ( bad boys and girls)??? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that a bad boy demon is a cry baby too! Don't even get me started on the erratic dialogue and complete lack of sense. I definitely would not recommend this book to anyone... There is no real romance and no real story. YA readers.. Don't waste your time.
Tiffany
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has an interesting plot about demons,devils and angels. Also the characters are unique so it is an enjoyable read. The main character Devi has had a tragic life after the loss of her brother and father. One day she meets a demon and she starts to get closer to discovering what happen to her brother. I will definitely continue to read the series because I want to see what happens next.
Shweta Choudhary
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: angels, paranormal
The book was overall good. I liked the pace of story. Th way secrets were reveled! I sometime got emotional which reading the book too! I loved the romance,the excitment, all the characters were well developed!! only thing I dint like was the girl how much ever I liked her she kept on thinking the same thing about her angel but overall it was good!!
Mary
I remember very little about this book, but past Mary literally wrote "It's over. It's finall over." as her final note in the book.

Which means this book was bad enough that I don't even remember the apparent torture it put me through.
Jayde Scott
Jun 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review
review to follow shortly
SunnierSkies
Warning: I didn't mean to, but I probably put in some spoilers...Sorry!

A misfit girl. A dark love interest. A haunting destiny. This story has all of the base details that a fallen angel story usually has, but I enjoyed it because it changed the idea of your basic "fallen angel" story in a very interesting way. After Eden was a really nice read, and I mostly enjoyed its content. Be warned though, there is a lot of religion mixed throughout the entire story.

The overall plot was good, with

Hannah
Sep 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
I honestly couldn't get through the book. I stopped on the second chapter
Sarah Gonzalez
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Let me start this off by saying Katherine Pine certainly has a remarkable way with words. I adore Pine’s writing style – her descriptions are simply fabulous. From the moment I began the book, I was transported into Devi’s mysterious and vivid world.

Oz, the love interest in After Eden is beyond awesome. Devi describes his look as “beautiful in that indie musician or starving poet kind of way”, which let me be the first to say, yum. But the wonderful thing about Oz, is that he is a complete
Erin
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Overall rating 2.5 Stars

Devi and her twin brother Kai were two haves that made up a whole and when Kai is taken from her, she feels as though she lost half of herself. She blames herself for his disappearance and has promised never to give up hope of finding and reuniting herself with Kai.

Fast forward six years and we find Devi socially awkward, anxiety prone, epileptic, and quite the loner. She's happier spending her Friday nights perusing book store aisles for romance novels rather than going
Ashleigh
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it
So, I marked this “to-read” quite a while ago and have been a little reluctant to actually read for some reason which I didn’t know. I was attracted to the cover and title at first, then the synopsis, but I still was iffy on it, I guess. After Eden is of fallen angels who are known as actual demons and devils.

Let me start off by saying that I did actually like this – it was funny, there were great characters and the story was unique, different, and enjoyable. The reason behind the angels
Cari
Oh, I quite liked this one! After Eden has angels, demons, devils, and soulless girls, a solid plot, and it's well-written, quite the balm to my own soul after reading a string of really awful books in this genre. There's sweetness and dread, darkness and hope in these pages.

The characters are developed and surprisingly sympathetic despite being rather archetypal. When you strip them of their other worldly attributes, Oz is your typical bad boy, Devi is the standard girl out of her element with
Victoria
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Our story takes place in a little town, in the middle of nowhere, or at least that’s the impression I get. I can’t really say in the middle of nowhere either as at one point we were on a beach. Let’s say on the edge of nowhere. There no real details for the town other than it’s small, and the heroine’s house is at the top of a hill away from town.

Devi is a semi standard, typical heroine. I get the impression she’s pretty, but it’s not really described out right as such. She has a slight brother
Sharon
Apr 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Avery
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
***May contain spoilers***

While I really enjoyed the idea of the idea behind this story (a teenage girl trying to find her twin brother who disappeared six years earlier only to discover that her and her brothers are at the center of a battle between Heaven and Hell due to the fact that he does not possess a soul, much like angels, thereby making him an almost holy entity who is very dispassionate and who can do nothing but follow God's will and she does not possess spirit, much like demons and
carole
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
While reading After Eden I kept having one thought, "this is really freaking good!" I have been so privileged lately to have so many amazing self published authors, small publishing companies and more approaching me to read new books!! Thank you so much Katherine Pine, your book rocked my socks.

It's a paranormal romance filled with Angels, Demons, and Devils. While the book has a kind of religious undertone I don't believe it to be a converting type book or even a I believe this way type book,
Daniela
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Angels, demons, devils, bad boys, tragedy and loss. There was a little bit of everything in this book and it was gripping. The book deals with some interesting mythology regarding Angels and Demons. Demons are the Angels that were sent to gaurd and watch over Eden but fell in love with God's creation and therefore were banished from Heaven to life immortally in the creation they loved so much.

It was interesting to see an author think outside the box. Stories are now becoming so much more than
Sadia
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Star Rating - make that 3.5 outta 5 (:

After Eden is a story of a girl named Devi, fallen angels, biblical history, romance and so much more. Anybody who is a fan of paranormal fiction, especially one about angels will get a kick out of this book.

Devi is a pretty cool character, sometimes a little clingy and insecure but still pretty cool. The scenes with her and Oz are cute and she did succeed in surprising me a few times.

Oz is... funky, I liked him, he is such and original character and damn,
Kim
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After Eden is the first book in the Fallen Angels series, and a book I couldn’t put down once I started. Angels, demons, devils, bad boys, tragedy and loss. There was a little bit of everything in this book and it was gripping. Devi has lived most of her life in a state of sadness, feeling the loss of her brother each and every day. She feels guilty for that day and for the tragedy that followed his abduction and she has lived with that for every moment since. When she meets Oz, some of the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
book romance: After Eden by Katherine Pine 2 9 Mar 16, 2012 10:08AM

• Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
  • Halloween Tarot in a Tin
  • The Wild Unknown Tarot Guidebook
  • 2018 Tarot Planner
  • Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Datebook (Annuals - Witches' Datebook)
  • Harry Potter Schoolbooks Box Set: Two Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Everyday Witch Tarot
  • Fallen (Guardian Saga, #1)
  • The Disappearances (The Killables, #2)
  • The Killables (The Killables, #1)
  • The Nightmare (Joona Linna, #2)
  • The Sandman (Joona Linna, #4)
  • The System (Killables, #3)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • The Chemist

Fallen Angels (3 books)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Tempting Heaven (Fallen Angels, #3)
“Well, you can't be a vampire." I struggled to make it sound like I was teasing, not feverishly wishing. "You're not sparkling.” 22 likes
“Maybe this kind of devotion is sinful," I continued. "Perhaps it was even the origin of sin. But you and I are already damned.” 17 likes