Start by marking “Not in Love With Kale Eddison” as Want to Read:
Not in Love With Kale Eddison

Read eBook* *Different edition

Not in Love With Kale Eddison

(Kale Eddison #1)

What would you do if a super famous - not to mention super hot - actor decided to attend your school for his final year?
Would you faint?
Get tongue-tied?
Stalk him?
Or would you even really care?

Meet Izzie Frank: A feisty redhead who just wants to finish high school and make something of herself.

Meet Kale Eddison: A Hollywood Heartthrob who just wants the chance to be a '
Kindle Edition
Published July 1st 2014 (first published March 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Not in Love With Kale Eddison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not in Love With Kale Eddison

Paula HGZ
Feb 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book sucks, I am sorry McClean, but it does. It is badly written (it hurt my head to try to read it, I was slowed down by unnecessary commentary and also everything was explained, everything was simplified and it seemed stupid. Also, who's point of view it was? because it seemed like it was Izzie's but then Kale and Izzie's grandma and Maddie would express their thoughts and bothers in the book and I was confused again.
But it wasn't written in a 'God sees and hears and knows everything ther
Kelly/yllektra
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyes romantic stories
This was an original and fun story.
It had some really fun moments and some really cute ones as well.
Both Kale and Izzie are nice characters, although, I have to admit that I tended to sympathize more with Kale, only because he was honest and at ease with himself. He wasn't afraid to be himself,even if it was hard under these circumstances, with everyone having expectations of him and the paparazzi after him.
I really liked him and his sense of humor as well as his feelings for Izzie and how he e
Melissa Maxwell
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the book and recommend reading it. I read this in one sitting as a way to figure out what book to read next. I have three books I really want to read that came out today so instead of picking one I chose this book and I am so glad I did.
I was a good read and the rating on goodreads is not fair. The book was not perfect but what book is. I love Izzie and her sarcasm and her inability to see something that was so obvious to everyone else. Kale Kale oh I love me some Kale. He although was t
Katy
Sep 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, fun read that kept me entertained. I think Izzie might have tried too hard to be a witch, which could be frustrating at time. Kale is a really great character, but I would have probably given up a long time ago.

But I enjoyed Izzie and Kale's banter and think it fits well paralleling with Much Ado About Nothing. I actually like these types of romantic comedies with the fun "I love you, I hate you" tension rather than the "We're in love with each other, but we can't be together so
Caitlin Audet
First I just want to say that I loved reading this book. Such a great story and kept me very intrigued to not want to stop. Yes I rated this a little lower than I should, but that has nothing to do with story. It is very possible to love a story but not like a character as much as you should. Izzie is the main girl and she can be very snarky. I don't mind that at all in a character, especially a girl, but sometimes she took it too far and I would get frustrated. But seriously, this book is great ...more
Paulalou
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a great book and very well written. The characters were very well developed and I did find myself wanting to shake Izzie at times, but I think this was all part of the idea of the novel :-)
I loved the fact that this book was ideal escapism material. Having went through a particularly horrendous time before reading it, I felt this was an easy read that allowed me to dream a little!
My favourite character had to be the granny. I laughed and I cried whilst reading.
Say
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
this day is officially "it sucks" day! reading two disappointing books in a row all in a day!!! don't get me wrong, i liked kale's character. izzie was ok, though she was so stubborn at the end of the book but most part of it she was tolerable. but the story, that's another thing. it was so far-fetched. and the ending with kale receiving his acting award and gwen coming on stage.....another duh????

what the hell is happening this day!!!! i need a good book!!! damn!!!
Sara
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a cute love story that had fun banter throughout between Izzie and Kale. The end seemed kind of aukward and rushed to me. Kale never called Izzie for 3 months and she was super quick to forgive and accept his explanation. Hmm. Cute read for teenagers.
Halyna
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad that in spite of the not stellar reviews I've read it! The book is charming - easy for reading, with wonderful characters, absolutely lovely dialogues and good ending! I liked everything about it and I'm happy to add this book to my favourites and recommend to others!
Kaitlyn
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-read
Very cute. I love their banter and specifically Izzie's sarcastic side. A little predictable, but that is ok. It was a nice, relaxing, sweet read.
Allison Edwards
Loved this book:) lovely light hearted and easy read!
Jas
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
It was an easy read but not really memorable. Kale is likeable but seems too good to be true. Izzie is a lovable character herself.
Amel Armeliana
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Just finished reading this book last night. I hadn't slept until 1 am just to finish it. Actually, nothing too special about this book. Kinda cheesy if I must say. But there's something that I like about it. Perhaps because the idea, or maybe because I like lead male character in this book.

Kale Eddison is a golden boy in Hollywood. He's a handsome,young and super famous movie star ( actually, Kale kinda reminds me with Zach Efron *grin*). Every girl in this planet is crazy about him, except Izz
Maja
Oct 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Poorly written, boring, predictable poop. Spoiler alert. The heroine is shallow, judgemental and not very clever. She doesn't have anything interesting to say. She doesn't have any redeeming qualities unless we count her hair colour as one of them. She strongly dislikes the new guy in school, for no reason, and decides to treat him like shit. The new guy likes that about her, because apparently it's so refreshing to meet someone honest (even if that person happens to be a stupid bitch). That's h ...more
Karolina
Sep 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Predictable, not funny, even romance parts dissappoint.

Badly written, moments that were supposed to be funny weren't. It's as if the author has to comment on everything that happens to Izzie during the day and believe me, most of it is pretty boring and mundane. The whole "love at first sight" idea is badly conducted, I understand that he is a star and so on, but the fact that he finds her so attractive because she is just plain rude to him for no particular reason? And don't even mention the M
Ilona
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I hate Izzy.
Kale has no respect for himself.
The end.
If it wasn't for the general idea I wouldn't even be bothered to finish the book. Anyway Izzy was mad ALL THE FRIGGING TIME! And who was to blame in her opinion? Kale of course! He was the only person in the book who was actually nice to her, wasn't using her and yet he was THE ONLY ONE who was constantly feeling like piece of shit because of her! It was all a little senseless. Izzy all the time needed to "sort out her feelings". Well, so mayb
Booklover6
Aug 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
It was awful!

Normally I hate to say that about a book and look for any redeeming qualities, but it's impossible this time. The story went on for way too long, and at first the author seemed like she was an American trying to be British, as it contained all the usual British stereotypes (like how we talk like we're all 17th century aristocracy, and say bloody all the time as a swear word) and also weird definitely non-British things such as a 'formal' instead of just a dance.

(wouldn't it be funn
Anncleire
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: real-life
Ci sono molti cliché nel libro, a partire proprio dallo scheletro su cui si regge l’intera storia, e mi dispiace dire che nonostante alcune potenzialità il libro non ha raggiunto il suo scopo, non con me comunque, non so se sia dovuto all’ultimo libro letto, alla mancanza si spark della storia, o semplicemente al fatto che non c’è niente di nuovo sotto il sole e alcuni particolari sono davvero assurdi, leggevo chiedendomi se era davvero possibile.

Recensione completa sul mio blog:

Terri Anne
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Love the story as i went along reading it.. attached with the numerous times that Izzie and Kale tried to stop their feelings with each other... It's not far from reality, it's about making choices.

I couldn't wait to get on and see how they end up together...

but then I was kinda disappointed with the ending it was kinda overly dramatic if i may say.. i just wish it was kept simple like giving a speech..

but i still like it...
Louise
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
The basic plot of this story was sound (although slightly far fetched); however there are lots of grammatical errors which grated and I felt some of the dialogue appeared 'awkward'. I also felt there were lots of 'Americanisms' contained within the language used; however I see that the author is Irish so maybe they are my misconceptions. Both of the main characters were likeable and there was a satisfying HEA, considering this was only 86p on Kindle I can't really complain.
PhobicPrerogative
Arrrrgh!
One of the most irritating things about this book, the other being the numerous spelling/grammatical errors, is the tone of writing.

There's lack of emotion to make me engaged, and I feel like the author is observing Izzie through a looking glass and writing it down in bits: Izzie rolled her eyes. Izzie sighed. Izzie left her school stuff upstairs.....
Sentences feel really awkward, dull and impersonal, and it broke my mood to keep reading.
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
Despite having heaps of grammatical and spelling errors, a horrendous amount of 'Kale did this' 'Izzie did that'. This book was actually an entertaining read. It was a tad predictable albeit sweet. Kale is a cutie while Izzie is feisty, I liked that combo.

And for the record her best friend is a massive beeyotch with narcissistic tendencies..
Carro Herdegen
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was a cute idea, but hard to read because of incomplete sentences (as in, some words were left out of the sentence) and a lack of transitions. McClean jumped to important parts of dialogue to move the story along, but without making it a natural flow of conversation.
Mariajoselian
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice and very cute book.For once it wasn't the girl running after the guy but the opposite. Quite quick to read ,too but it's a very teenagy book ;). However, if you're bored and you're looking for a relaxed, easy lecture, Not in love with Kale Eddison is perfect for you.
Ottavia
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
It was really cute ;)
Fly To The Sky
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It had it's faults, but what can I say it was a quick fun read that pulled me in. Can't wait for the second book!!
Tianna✸loves books✸
Jan 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Seriously man...it's so boring. It seems like some kiddo has written the book.
Sorry...being rude...
But come on..... it was such a drag..
Maybe it will appeal to teenagers.
Kishel Bactong
May 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-read-roll
uhm this is clearly not for my age. hahahaha that's all I can say.?
Joanne McClean
Sep 29, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it! :)
Stacey
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute story of Hollywood Golden boy who wants to be normal and finish high school in Ireland. Where he meets Lizzie who doesn't care who he is. A friendship begins but could there be more?

• Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • No Stone Unturned (Hidden Gem, #3)
  • Nailed
  • Never Say Never
  • Served Cold (Best Revenge, #1)
  • Whisper
  • The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club (Unofficial #1)
  • Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
  • Recipe for Attraction (Madewood Brothers, #2)
  • Saving Face
  • Fantasy Football
  • Seducing the Playboy (Hot Nights, #2)
  • Happy Café, Volume 8
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, #2)
  • Out at Home
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
Cynic, hopeless romantic, daydreamer, nerd, music lover, movie goer, loner, coffee addict, bookworm & writer.

What is life if you don't have a dream to chase?

Friend Requests welcome!

Kale Eddison (2 books)
  • Dating Kale Eddison
“But then you ... you come along. You screwed up my plan. Suddenly my life’s not liveable, it’s not fine and I’m no longer happy. My life’s worse, much more worse than before ... and it’s all because of you. I’m scared of you. I run from you. And I push you away ... but why? Because I am scared of you, I’m scared of my feelings for you ... I’m scared of losing you. But mostly ... mostly I’m scared that if I don’t hold on too tight ... I’m scared that I’ll lose you forever.” 9 likes
“... somewhere along the line you’re going to have to admit that you have feelings for me. I know you do ... it just seems like you don’t know it yet.” 9 likes