Start by marking “The Mysterious Disappearance of Kurt Kramer - Book 2” as Want to Read:
The Mysterious Disappearance of Kurt Kramer - Book 2

The Mysterious Disappearance of Kurt Kramer - Book 2

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
17 year old Rachel is crazy about Kurt, but she's not sure the feelings are mutual. When his parents invite her and his best friend on a family vacation in Aruba, they encounter a strange object on the beach. Kurt disappears. He begins communicating in bizarre ways that shake his family to the core. Rachel realizes that he's stuck between worlds...and she's the only one wh ...more
Published May 25th 2011

Mike Glad you liked it, Adisha. The inspiration was kind of weird--there was a total blackout when I was in Aruba one winter, and the island was in…moreGlad you liked it, Adisha. The inspiration was kind of weird--there was a total blackout when I was in Aruba one winter, and the island was in complete darkness, the entire island. This happened at a very strange time, too--I was in a movie theatre watching a film about aliens attacking the earth and eating up all the electricity! Anyway after that completely freaky night I just started thinking about what might happen if aliens visited the place, landed on the beach, and the rest just came to me.(less)

Devika Fernando
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read YA books – or Sci-Fi books – often, but I’m a huge fan of the author’s other books and wanted to find out whether he excels in this genre too – and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. Mike Wells managed to capture me from the first few pages on, as he always does.

Just like Wells manages to look into the head and heart of adults and create strong heroines in his bestselling novels like ‘Lust, Money & Murder’ and ‘Passion, Power & Sin’, he portrays the teenagers in this books adm
Lilmissmolly
The Mysterious Disappearance of Kurt Kramer: Books 1 & 2 by Mike Wells is a great pre-teen/young adult story written in a similar style of R.L. Stein. With the digital age upon us, what better way to enjoy such a story than through one's earbuds?

This story centers on the sudden disappearance of Kurt, a teen boy from Chicago who is on vacation with his family and a couple of friends in Aruba. It includes both elements of science fiction and mystery, with a hint of romance (nothing more than a
Adisha Kariyawasam
Another fantastic book from best-selling author Mike Wells. The characters are great and the plot is literally out-of-this world!

Mike writes enthralling stories with very strong female heroines and the lead in this one, Rachel is no exception. I really liked the way her character evolved from shy and timid teenager to a decisive and courageous young adult. The epilogue is memorable too.

In terms of scientific content, my own background is in Molecular Biology and Quantum Physics so the science di
Janice Spina
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
This book is a combination of sci-fi, mystery and a childhood romance all rolled into one gripping package. Mike has the uncanny ability of building suspense in every scene thus keeping the reader glued to each page and anxiously turning to the next to learn the outcome. The characters are real, believable and interesting and engage the reader into caring about their demise or survival.

This mystery is set on the little island of Aruba with its warm temperatures and windy gusts blowing sand and k
Annie
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

I really enjoy Mike's writing, he tells a cool story and I am never board listening...I listened to this all in one day, and it was well worth my time! This is a story about Kurt and Rachel mostly...Kurt and his family go to Aruba, and Rachel, a close family friend is invited to come with...its Kurt's birthday! They see a strange light in the sky, and go in search of it, only to find a strange shiny object, a rather large
Bailey Crawly
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really good conclusion!

The end of this story was pretty good; I enjoyed reading it. I found that there were bits that I thought were a little bit "too scientific" at some points that were a little over my head, but it was all drawn to a very satisfying conclusion, and a very sad epilogue.
Definitely worth the read.
Dax Tucker
Jul 26, 2014
fran fox
Jan 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Email me at mike (at) mikewellsbooks.com or follow me on Twitter (@MikeWellsAuthor) and get a FREE copy of one of my bestselling books. I'm an American author best known for my Lust, Money & Murder series and and written more than 25 other thriller and suspense novels. I also have taught in the Creative Writing program at Oxford. I'm known for my super fast-paced, 'unputdownable' books.

Please