Start by marking “Incorruptible, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Incorruptible, Vol. 5

Incorruptible, Vol. 5

(Incorruptible Vol. 5; issues 17-20)

The flip side of Mark Waid's Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated series IRREDEEMABLE. Humanity needs a savior...and Max Damage is determined to be INCORRUPTIBLE But it's hard to stay noble when the world still thinks you're at the top of the criminal food chain. What happens when the world's most infamous supervillain tries to become its greatest hero? Find out in Volume 5 ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Incorruptible, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incorruptible, Vol. 5

Start your review of Incorruptible, Vol. 5
Jeff
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Wake-up call: 5:45 AM

Yes, but the Continental Breakfast is free!

Comic Book Rule #21 – Never trust the fat, balding, incredibly wealthy businessman who just wants to “help”. Never. Said businessman will usually have some sort of secret agenda – power, spread of chaos to solidify power, corner market on faux watermelon flavored alcohol for power reasons, more money to buy more power, something-something power, something-power-something...

Not too many people are taking Max Damage’s change of heart
Jacob
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Loved MD's search for an honest man.
JB
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Almost really good, ultimately feels like wasted potential. Intended to be a limited series, but comes off as though there was not an intended direction for the series. Spends way too much time on an antagonist that makes no sense for the setting. Mainly fun for the clever world-building. Has really no effect on the primary series this is a spin off of, so you can read Irredeemable in its entirety before starting this series (there was a crossover, but it carries nothing from this series over to ...more
B
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Waid just threw in a lot more villains. Some of them are OK. Maybe the others would also be OK if they were developed, but it looks like he's really only going to develop one.
Julio Bonilla
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
JAILBAIT TO THE RESCUE!
Max Damage is pushed to the limit by crooked-cop, Bellamy.
Gavin
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
In this volume, Max finds himself attacked by supervillains who haven't signed on with the Paradigm's reform program. Alana reveals who she's been working with, and Max is offered a whole lot of power, from the man who was behind the White Supremacists.
Max goes on a hunt for the man he considers the most honest in all Coalville, and when he finds him and asks for his help, we (and Armadale) find out just how evil Max really was and what he did to this man.
Max ends up captured by some of the
Wing Kee
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Better than I expected.

World: The art is great, full of emotion and character. The world building was also on point and strong. We got more of a glimpse of the bigger picture but also strong Max character development.

Story: Better than I expected it to be. The confrontations and dialog was great and it was all tied to the characters which somewhat redeem themselves. I did feel the Alabama story was a bit rushed having just received the lair. But it does fix the characters issues I was having,
M
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Seeking a new path, Max Damage and his new PR person Alana Patel agree to meet with shifty billionaire Hayes Bellamy in order to help restore law and order in the city. While Alana sees the new headquarters, weapons, and resources as a fresh opportunity, Max is uneasy about being "used" to help fix the damage done. Our characters find themselves on the receiving end of tough decisions: Alana must contend with the truth about Bellamy, Max must battle back the ghosts of slain civilians, and ...more
Alan
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Max Damage is the small micro corner of Mark Waid's universe at Boom! Studios. While enjoyable this volume in many ways felt like a fast food meal. Over in seconds. Max is trapped, and manages to escape the trap (I mean we all know volume 6 is coming soon), so this installment centers on small pieces. Alana Patel's determination to do something right for the city. Louis Armadale's seemingly rising to the moment, and then....

The question is whether the tease that Max murdered the 12 year old son
Rosa
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
In this volume of Incorruptible Max tries to find a way to bolster up the city with the help of Bellamy who finally shows his true colors. Max is overrun by villains who refuse Paradigm offer of amnesty and Armadale finds out about what was possibly the worse thing Max ever did and it throws him over the edge.

While Plutonian is finally gone the world is still having trouble getting back on it's feet. Max is still having lots of trouble overcoming his past behavior (as he kind of should.) There
Chris
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can't name a single moment or event, but this series started gradually winning me over this volume and my opinion of it changed from "good" to "quite good." I think it's most likely due to the depth and complexity that has been building from the series start, the added dimensions to Max and other characters that we get to see thanks to more time for them to change and more time for us to learn more backstory. And I really liked the volume's conclusion in the final few pages.
Kris
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
***Dave Hill
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: illustrated
After a fairly dry patch, Incorruptible finally gets interesting again, as Max Payne realizes that, as a villain whose specialty was punching things a lot and then stealing stuff, he's not very well qualified to rebuild society.

But who is? Sadly, the sort of folks who have every reason to mistrust and hate Max Payne ...

The artwork is halfway decent, and Waid makes the lurch forward in a fairly coherent fashion. This volume kept me going with this series; well done.
Brian Rosenberger
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
The adventures of Max Damage continue as the once villain squares off against his former cohorts like Tumult and Charlie Hustle. The big tease this issue is that Max may have killed a child in his previous criminal past. Max gets captured and winds up being saved by his former underage lover code-name Jailbait. Fun read. Collects Incorruptible 17-20.
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Incorruptible continues to run at its height. Its great to see Max really learning the limits of his abilities, and to simultaneously see the past continue to haunt him. This was all around a tense and exciting volume. My only complaint is the ending, which is nebulous enough to make a pretty bad stopping point -- highlighting the problems of Boom!'s running four issues a TPB no matter what.
Roman Colombo
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boom
That ending...damn that was good.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
As the Irredeemable and Incorruptible series' rush to the crossover clash between characters Mark Waid keeps the plot interesting and exciting. Great plot and Good Art. Very recommended.
Craig
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Quite an improvement in story over the previous volume. The artwork is still pretty hit and miss for me though, and more often just looks sloppy and rushed.
Juan Jose
Jan 08, 2020
Ryan
Mar 06, 2013
Geordie
rated it did not like it
Mar 15, 2018

• Bloodshot, Volume 4: H.A.R.D. Corps
  • Bloodshot, Volume 5: Get Some and Other Stories
  • Harbinger, Volume 4: Perfect Day
  • Harbinger, Volume 5: Death of a Renegade
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.