Start by marking “No Two Alike” as Want to Read:
No Two Alike

No Two Alike

No two snowflakes are alike,
almost, almost . . .
but not quite.

Follow a pair of birds on a snowflake-filled journey though a gorgeous winter landscape to explore how everything, everywhere is wonderfully unique--from branches and leaves to forests and trees to friends and loved ones.
Published November 1st 2011 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about No Two Alike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Two Alike

KC
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute birds find there are many things in the world that are not alike.
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Depending on the audience this could be a five star read. Is your preschooler ready for short text, lively pictures with extra details, and a message we all need to be reminded of sometimes? Then he'll love it. Is she older, not interested in 'baby' books, fidgety? Maybe she won't. I loved it, myself... and so did my inner preschooler.
Angie
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
I love, love, love the pictures. The text is nice and simple and quiet, too, but the pictures are what made this book for me. Now must save it for the next time I see my niece ... and then maybe PreK in January. This is the public library copy. I need to get one for our school!

The color combo is just fun. Lots of lovely snowflakes and two small, bright red birdies. I think it's the contrast between the red and the white snow, blue sky, and green trees.

Plus the message. There are no two snowflake
Drusilla
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Wonderful illustrations and good lesson but too simplistic.
Robyn Reece
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Baker, K. (2011). No two alike. New York, NY. Beach Lane Books.

1. Opening: Hello Girls and Boys, It’s so nice of you to fly into the library today! I have a FUN book that I think you’ll enjoy. Do you remember our reading and discussions on snowflakes? What special trait do you remember discussing? (Wait for student responses). That’s right! Great memories! There are no two snowflakes exactly alike, every snowflake is different. Just like us, we aren’t complete the same either. I’d like you to
Tasha
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Starting with the fact that no two snowflakes are alike, though they almost are, this book merrily explores the snowy woods. Things are found in pairs, and pointed out to be different from one another. No two nests are the same, no two tracks in the snow. Branches and leaves are all different from one another. Throughout nature it’s the same. Even the two very similar little red birds who accompany the reader on the trip through the snow are shown in the end to be different from one another, “Al ...more
*The Angry Reader*
Two little (nearly identical) red bird soar through a winter wonderland comparing and contrasting. The illustrations are large and lovely. The birds are bright colored and acrobatic. There is not a lot of writing, but there is rhyming! The colors, illustrations and rhyming style make this a wonderful way to present information to children.
Rosalie
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Aimee, Kathryn, Stephanie
This is such a beautiful book! When I read it for the first time the illustrations and simple rhyming words gave me such a sense of wonder and peace. I will be buying this book for my grandchildren and recommending this book to parents, teachers and anyone else who listen to me!
Kristine
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the illustrations in this book, I think that's what really kept my attention. A cute book overall and I'm sure young children are sure to enjoy it too.
Kelsey Ruggirello
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Teaches a great lesson, no one is the same, even snowflakes are unique and different. Even though they are very similar
Asho
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first time I read this book to my 3-year-old I didn't find it particularly striking or special, but then the more we read it the more I really liked it. The illustrations are beautiful, and so detailed. Each time we read it we discover more animals subtly hidden in the winter landscapes. Reading it tonight at bedtime my daughter sighed happily and quietly, "I just love all these animals."
The only downside is that she doesn't conceptually understand the last page, which just shows two bird fe
Meg McGregor
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Both girls and I were absolutely mesmerized by the exquisite drawings and I appreciated the fact that just the right amount of text was on each page!

Thanks Cheryl so much for recommending this book!

I was thinking it is almost like a poem!

What a beautiful find! I am so glad the girls and I got to share this book!

I am definitely going to buy it for my growing collection of children's books!
Joan Marie
Love this book about being one-of-a-kind, similar but not the same. Baker's sparse, rhyming text is perfect for preschoolers; his double-spread illustrations are great for sharing with story time groups.
Erin
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ian
I like the syncopation of this book. It's a great book for twins, but if I flip through fast enough, Ian digs it.
Viviane Elbee
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love the pictures and this book is a beautiful poem.
Baylee Krueger
This book celebrates uniqueness with the reader. The book follows two birds who are exploring their world to see if they can find anything two of the same.
Zoraida Rivera Morales
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book to learn about shapes and sizes. It has spare text and a great use of rhyme. Says a lot in a few words. Liked the ending, too.
A.C. Paige
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect for a short and sweet storytime about snow
Dewey
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: st-unsorted
This is a pretty simple story, easy to read, and it has good illustrations. Would be good for a baby lapsit or an older storytime.
Katie Brown
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful. Great for baby storytime. Would also work with older kids if you asked them some questions as you read.
Gorgeous illustrations, very simple text discussing how everyone is different - no two are exactly the same.
Jenny Mock
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simple text and interesting illustrations make this a great book for explore things that are alike and different for lower elementary students.
Nicole
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story about how things can seem similar, but be so different! The illustrations are beautiful and the story is great for story time! Using this book in my toddler tales at my library!
Brenna Wesley
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a good children's book because it has beautiful illustrations that help tell the story and it shows that everything and everyone is different even if it's hard to see any differences.
Ann Williams
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and illustrations. Great mentor text for our weather unit. Lots of cross curricular connections.
Megan
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
No two snowflakes, birds, or roads are alike.
Christine
I picked this up from the library since we've really been enjoying this author's pea series (LMNO Peas, Little Green Peas: A Big Book of Colors, Hap-Pea All Year). We enjoyed it, but it's not a favorite.
Josh Sonii
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is about 2 birds that are very similar, but not alike. It starts off talking about the snowflakes and how none of them are alike. Then the picture shows the two birds that just flew out of their bird house. Then it shows the birds flying in loops and it says " almost, almost". Then on the next page it says" but not quite" with the birds messing around on the tree. The next page shows the birds playing in someone else's nest messing with a squirrel and it talks about how nest are not ex ...more
Juli
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: t-l-307
Picture book - 2011

This book is about two little red birds exploring the snowy forest noticing how no two things are alike, including themselves! I think this book is good for primary grades as read aloud and a lead in to a discussion about how everyone is different and they have different strengths they can contribute to the classroom. Even if two people are very close to alike no one is quite exactly the same.
Gabby Maenner
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a simple story that highlights the importance of individuality and friendship. These two birds that look very similar are not the same at all. The story travels all over looking at bird houses, roads, and bridges but none are exactly alike. The story represents the uniqueness of each individual and that appearances can be deceiving. Although someone may look or act the same as someone else, both are one of a kind. This is an important message to share with young children that they are di ...more
  • Red Sled
  • A Hat for Minerva Louise
  • Duck Sock Hop
  • Hello, Day!
  • All Kinds of Kisses
  • Over and Under the Snow
  • Snow
  • Big Hugs, Little Hugs
  • Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
  • Penguin and Pinecone (Penguin)
  • Bear Has a Story to Tell
  • The Biggest Kiss
  • Tuck Me In!
  • Waiting for Winter
  • Baby Bear Sees Blue
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Birds