Start by marking “Is Everyone Ready for Fun?” as Want to Read:
Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

Chicken has some unexpected and exuberant cow visitors who have exciting plans for jumping, dancing, and wiggling on his teeny-tiny couch, and Chicken is none too happy about it. That is until the fun concludes with a quiet, cozy and delicious nap for all!
Published September 27th 2011 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Is Everyone Ready for Fun?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is Everyone Ready for Fun?

Start your review of Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
Joella
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Is Everyone Ready for FUN? Then RUN to the library to check out this book! I can't even explain how AMAZING it is. But then again, if you love Jan Thomas the way that I do...then you won't be surprised!

Three cows decide that they are ready for fun. They head for Chicken's small sofa and start jumping. Chicken does not think this is fun. Chicken does not like how squashed the sofa looks. Chicken tells those cows that they need to not jump anymore. So they decide to do something else on the sofa.
Nicole Harding
This is a GREAT book to use for "getting the wiggles out" when starting a storytime. Before I read the book, I "warn" the kids that this is a book about 3 very naughty cows! I ask if it's ok if I read it. Of course they always giggle and say YES! The cows always ask first, Is everyone ready for some fun? Then they say, "It's time to..." I always stand up while I am saying that line and wave my hands to urge the children to stand up with me. We then jump or dance or wiggle as we mimic the cows. T ...more
June
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fun, humor requests
Recommended to June by: Polly
Looks like it would be a big hit in story time. I just missed it for my chicken one. I'll have to see what I can come up with... 4/22/15

It was a HUGE hit at story time. (Used as last book before getting out shakers.)
Jessica
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The toddlers were engaged and able to participate during the entire read aloud by acting out the actions of the characters. Jan Thomas' books are definitely a hit with my toddler storytime participants.
Edward Sullivan
Sep 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The moral of the story: No cows on the furniture! Should be a fun one for storytimes.
Celeste
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great for toddler storytime.
Kris
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Well, my kid ended up jumping on the couch thanks to this book, but the title is certainly apt! We had a blast.
Kimberly
I know I've done this one for storytime before; I guess I just forgot to put it on GR. It's your standard Jan Thomas, bright and colorful and cheeky. No book of hers will ever top Rhyming Dust Bunnies as far as I'm concerned, but this is still a fun storytime read.
Heidi-Marie
What adorably drawn cows! I knew I liked cows for a reason. :-) Another fun Jan Thomas book that definitely invites participation--and great participation from the toddler and preschool groups! This is perfect for getting wiggles out or for waking kids up or just for grabbing attention. I would give the cows different voices to add to the humor of the chicken's sofa. Great for a storytime read and a lap-read.

6/30/14 Used in movement storytime. Very good.

10/5/16 & 10/6/16 Used as opener for Toddl
Vivian
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
As soon as our library got this book I knew I wanted to use it in a story time, so I've been hoarding it for just the right occasion. This week's "Farm-tastic" theme featured cows and chickens -- who happen to be the main characters of this book. Embedded in this hilarious book are plenty of invitations to wiggle. And wiggle we did, with gusto! Everyone got up to "jump up and down", "dance back and forth", "wiggle to and fro" and finally "nap" (or in our case, "sit back down").

This book cries o
Elisabeth
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm always ready for more fun :)
Mari
Three large cows, chicken's small sofa, and a lot of silliness. A great title for getting storytime kiddos giggling.
Tracy Morton
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Really cute for the little guys. Provides an opportunity for movement.
John Yelverton
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cows decide to have fun on a chicken's sofa, and I suppose the moral of the story is to always try and have the right kind of fun in the right kind of place.
Chris Hays
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book, though educational, exposes students to loop holes in arguments. I love the repetition of the text and the buildup allowing students to guess what next. The art is a little simpler in design, but works well with the other parts of the book. Good discussion points for teaching students about listening to others and empathy.
Mallory Plankinton
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book shows an example of how listening to directions is always important. I would use this with any age even if it is for littler children because the students can think of different things the three cows could do differently. In this book it always has some good illustrations that would pull the reader into the story as well.
John
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this book because it's sort of like Elephant and Piggy. And they jump on Duck's sofa, and he says "No more jumping! No more fun!" And then they dance and he said, "No more fun!" again. And then they wiggled back and forth and he said "No more fun!" And then they said, "Is everyone ready for some fun?" and then they slept and Duck said, "Good idea!" and he was right on top.
Pam
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Not sold on the message of this book. Chicken has three visitors and they jump, dance, bounce, etc. on his sofa even though he asked them to stop.
Kids will like the humor, large text and vivid illustrations but it's not one I'll read to them without a lot of discussion about fiction and reality.
Jannah
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Animals alternate jumping, dancing, and wiggling on a couch with getting admonished by the couch's owner before finally using the couch for one of its many intended purposes. Great for toddler storytime to get them moving and jumping around along with the book.
Steve White
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s time to jump up and down... on chicken’s sofa!

Kids will love this picture book, with colorful illustrations from Jan Thomas’ wonderful stable of characters.

Features great rhythm, and a repeating pattern young kids will pick up on quickly. Soon, they’ll be telling you the story!
Kids can jump, dance and wiggle right along with the cows, and parents will understand chicken's frustration as her sofa is decimated by the active cows. It is an amusing book and a very short quick read at storytime.
Christy
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Erin
Great for getting young ones up and moving during storytimes!
Anna
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great little action book. What's not to like about silly cows?
Chrissy
We saw this one at storytime and loved it!
Milton Louie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Antics of cows that pre-schoolers may enjoy. B
Beronica
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun, cows, chicken, sofa
2-3 year olds. You can never go wrong with Jan Thomas. Nuff said.
Sue Mosher
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
So much fun!
Brittany
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Who wants cows bouncing on their sofa? Not chicken!
Carolyn Jeziorski
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This books is hilarious! I read it to preschoolers, and we jumped, danced, and wiggled along with the characters in the story. The students laughed so much. It works well for funny voices, too.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Nanette's Baguette
  • A Parade of Elephants
  • It's a Tiger!
  • The Serious Goose
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!
  • Dinosaur vs. Bedtime
  • Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
  • A Splendid Friend, Indeed
  • The Very Impatient Caterpillar
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • From Head to Toe
  • Count the Monkeys
When Jan Thomas isn't working on children's books, she's painting pictures, playing the drums, backpacking, or wrangling dust bunnies.

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...