Start by marking “Crazy Train: The high life and tragic death of Randy Rhoads” as Want to Read:
Crazy Train: The high life and tragic death of Randy Rhoads

Crazy Train: The high life and tragic death of Randy Rhoads

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Randall Rhoads, born in California in 1956 and cut down in his prime at the age of only 26, has been an immense influence on a whole generation of musicians in rock and metal. He first came to international prominence in 1979, when he was recruited from the cult metal band Quiet Riot to play with Ozzy Osbourne, who had been fired from Black Sabbath for his drink and drug a ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Jawbone Press

To ask other readers questions about Crazy Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy Train

Greg
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
not much out of the ordinary here. awesome cover was the catalyst for reading it.
Connie Mcdermott
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Not only does it show how Randy became an icon, it also shows us Randy the man. With interviews from the people who knew him best, the author really brings Randy to life, showing his love of teaching to showing Randy's concern about leaving Quiet Riot, his time with Ozzy, how he loved being home and his plans for the future which sadly never came to pass. I highly recommend this book to not only any Randy/Ozzy fan but to anyone who loves rock-n-roll. It is the most co ...more
Pamela Montano
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, Randy Rhoads is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. I was given this book as a birthday present from a close friend. I loved it. It's filled with interviews from the people who knew Randy best. Randy changed the way heavy metal guitarists play with his unique style and flawless delivery. Randy's life may have been cut short but he will live on through his music forever.
Connie
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Different from any other books I've read about Randy. This book had some great technical parts. People spoke in detail about Randy's guitar solos on various different songs. Some things I already new, some I didn't. I went back and listened to Mr Crowley and Crazy Train and heard new things. That was really cool since I've been listening to those songs for decades.
Ian
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
a book with the many tales of Randy Rhoads and his tragically ending. Not too much new here, just a great collection and reminder of who Randy Rhoads was - a great guitarist a great person a great influence basically just great any way possible.
Bartek Tkaczyk
Jun 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
I tihin I't could be the best and the most fantastic book.
Randy