Start by marking “The Wicked (Righteous, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wicked (Righteous, #3)

The Wicked

(Righteous #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  875 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
When Eliza Christianson sets off from the polygamist enclave of Blister Creek to search for a lost brother, she must evade the machinations of her polygamist father while combating a doomsday sect that believes it knows the day, hour, and minute that the world will end.

Book #3 of the bestselling Righteous series, The Wicked is trademark Michael Wallace: the strange world o
Published 2011 by Balsalom Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wicked

JC
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, my-firsttime, kindle
This series just seems to get more ridiculous as it goes along. The FLDS church apparently is trying to kill everyone and cover everything up. I'm pretty sure it's not as bad as it's being made out in these books. Still, I found myself enjoying the book for the most part and the suspense of what was coming and who was behind it was interesting. This is a book for those who have enjoyed the others in the series.
Phillip Cushman
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Drats! Read first three one after the other and was anxious for #4 but it won't be out until October.
Paula
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed another suspenseful book of the escapades of Eliza and her family. A very good read
Gail
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating read with a lot of violence

What a storyteller! Michael Wallace captivates, intrigues, and keeps you turning those pages wanting more. His research is amazing and makes the story so much better. There is a lot of evil and violence, maybe insanity, but definitely suspense and action. What will happen between the Christiansons and Kimballs next?
Christine
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I am enjoying this series very much. It has a polygamist background, yet adventure, suspense and you come to live the characters.
Aspho
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
[Please note: this review also appears on Amazon.co.uk under my username 'Esofagus']

I have an interest in religious cults so when this book appeared on my Amazon Vine list, I was immediately interested. I realised that The Wicked was the third instalment from an existing series, but I was encouraged by the fact that most reviewers said the story would still make sense even without having read Book 1 and 2.

I must admit that initially I found the plot confusing: different factions of Mormons are b
David-Lynn Anderson
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good. The setting of the story is a religious cult with mutliple wives and beliefs that girls should accept arranged marriages to old men.

This book is part of a series. I was initially put off by a topic that I was uncomfortable with. But once I got past that and settled into the story, it was a good mystery involving a murder investigation and featuring interesting characters.

One is Jacob who is studying to be a doctor and is struggling with his faith and resisting demands from his fellow
Elaine
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Like many have already said, the series keeps getting better and better. Jacob and Eliza are interesting characters as are the supporting characters who appear and reappear in the series. I honestly thought this would be my last of the series because during parts of book 1 and 2, I kept thinking that I can't handle the level of "evil" from the antagonists, but I don't think I can stop reading now. Too many plotlines yet to be resolved. There are truly evil characters but also a handful of charac ...more
Janet
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another great one in the series. Eliza is more prominent in this one. It was very violent in some of plots but I thought the author did a good job letting you "feel the terror" but not taking it too far.
I also liked the twists and turns and a bit more mystery to think about for future series books.
My favorite character though had to be Sister Miriam, she has such an interesting story line. Trial by Fury (A Righteous Novella) added some good insight to this as well. Keep up the good work!
Format
J.F. Penn
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, thrillers
Fantastic book, I finished it in two sessions. Eliza is a great heroine - she is feisty and strong, but still sticks to her faith, although she is clearly capable of some pretty spectacular feats when it comes to defending herself and those she protects. As someone who knows little about polygamists, this was a fascinating insight into the world, and is a sympathetic portrayal in many ways, sensitively done so as not to be offensive. Yet the religious extremists are characterized with intensity ...more
Ellie
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Totally hooked by now. The excellent writing style, so engaging, giving you insights into the cult thinking of fundamentalist Christian groups without lambasting them. You come to understand their history, their motives, their views, as skewed as they may seem to an outsider.
The character development through the series serves to cast a light on the subject of fundamentalist groups from all sides. The storyline flows well, rhythmic, with action and introspect narratives changing at the right pac
Teri Heyer
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Teri by: Discovered this series on Amazon.
This is a difficult review to write. I finished reading The Wicked (Book 3 of the Righteous Series) last night. Michael Wallace is a great writer and this series is incredible. That said, The Wicked is not a book for everyone. Be prepared for a hard-core subject matter, a lot of violence and a book you can't put down. I don't want to say more for fear of giving things away. However, this is a series I can't stop reading.
Nancy
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, I'm done with this book and done with the series - I've read 3 and that's enough. There are several more in the series but I just can't get anymore involved with these characters. The main characters have developed more since the first book and the "good guys and gals" are pretty likeable but just not enough to hold my attention any longer. I'll quit and consider myself ahead.
R. E.
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading the trilogy. The Righteous, Mighty and Strong and The Wicked. I caught the books on sale and figured, 'What the heck?' I wound up really enjoying the peek inside a culture that was pretty much alien to me. The religious fanatics made for very scary and recognizable antagonists. I'd certainly recommend this series.
Janet Miller
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
I like the characters in this series. I found the earlier books in The Righteous series to focus more on the true polygamist life style. This book turned to more and more sick actions and horrific cult activity. I enjoy the writing style of the author and it kept my interest to the end.
Elizabeth
Mar 31, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is the weakest of the series and clearly the author just tried to shock the reader. Nothing about the story made any sense just mindless lurid details and violence. Sad because the premise is good.
Stacy
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
About average

Not horrid but not great. Read it as I was interested in the topic but the story seemed too simplistic & appeared more energy was put into a set up for another book rather than developing this one
Mara
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
I felt like this one verged on the edge of being crude without purpose...I somehow still feel fairly uninvested in most of the characters, but keep hoping (fingers crossed) things will fall together-
Gail
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Still reading the series, which says something. Interesting tensions on Jacob, a lead character, brought up in a polygamous community, whose wife wants him to take another wife. Pressures on him to lead such a community. All packed in an exciting story.
Dawn
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book third in the series of polygamists by Mr Wallace.
Lori
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series....I love the main characters' introspection of his own faith versus the real world. The plots are fast paced and keep you guessing! Book #4, here I come!
Brad
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this two years ago and can't remember anything about it. I know I decided not to continue on in the series.
Cheryl
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I need to be done with this series. I don't think it's getting better, but it seems l like to torture myself with continuing.
Rosanne
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The series is just getting better and better with each book (this was book three). Keep them coming Michael Wallace!
Richard
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lynne
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Again interesting to keep me turning pages
Jennifer Bertram
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The third in the trilogy saga. Like the others, the story was well written, had great character development and most impostant to me-an exciting plot that lasts thru to the end.
Donna
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Righteous wicked book

I am so hooked on this series, a story of what religious extremism of any kind can do. On to the next one. Can't wait!
Becca
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
As engrossing as the rest and left me wanting more!
  • Benjamin Franklin: The Man Who Dared the Lightning
  • Large Target (Josephine Fuller, #2)
  • True Crime in the Civil War: Cases of Murder, Treason, Counterfeiting, Massacre, Plunder & Abuse
  • As a Decade Fades
  • The Frenzy Way (The Frenzy Wolves, #1)
  • Zombie Bits (Murdermouth)
  • Around the World in 80 Dates: Confessions of a Christian Serial Dater
  • Murder in the Round (Pamela Barnes Acoustic Mystery, #5)
  • Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • Murder in Store
  • Personality Plus at Work: How to Work Successfully with Anyone
  • Out of Mormonism: A Woman's True Story
  • Miracle Boy Grows Up: How the Disability Rights Revolution Saved My Sanity
  • Let's Get It On!: The Making of MMA and Its Ultimate Referee
  • Ten Rules for a Call Girl (Anna Curtis, #1.5)
  • A Heart for Freedom: The Remarkable Journey of a Young Dissident, Her Daring Escape, and Her Quest to Free China's Daughters
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Death Of An Obnoxious Tourist (Dotsy Lamb, #1)
Would you like an alert when the next Michael Wallace book is published? Sign up for Michael's email list and receive a free Kindle copy of The Righteous novella "Trial by Fury." This list is used to announce new releases and occasional offers of free advance copies, not for any other purpose.

Michael also welcomes email from readers at m.wallace23(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Righteous (9 books)
  • The Righteous (Righteous, #1)
  • Mighty and Strong (Righteous, #2)
  • Trial by Fury (A Righteous Novella)
  • The Blessed and the Damned (Righteous, #4)
  • Destroying Angel (Righteous, #5)
  • The Gates of Babylon (Righteous, #6)
  • Hell's Fortress (Righteous, #7)
  • Blood of the Faithful (Righteous, #8)
“Everyone is wrong about the world ending until it does end.” 0 likes