Start by marking “Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1)” as Want to Read:
Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1)

Out of Bounds (Love of Sports #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  1,325 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

Can a sexy nightclub owner convince an all star basketball player to risk it all?

Love of Sports Book 1

Professional basketball player Kasey Johnson makes a point of keeping his sexual preference under guard and out of the public eye. Empty, off-season flings are all he can look forward to until he retires. He figures his secret is safe—until he meets Ingram Fletcher, a ni

Published (first published April 22nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Bounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Bounds

Daisiemae
Why do I keep putting off reading T.A. Chase’s books? There is definitely no rhyme or reason to my madness! Sitting her thinking about it, I believe it’s because I love his work so much! I want to save it and read it when I am particularly feeling down, or I am out of sorts for some reason.

I am so glad I stopped putting Out of Bounds to read off. As usual T.A.’s characters are not only likeable, but humanly flawed as well. They are always people I can relate too. Their happiness or sadness that
Meghan
Simply put: Not a fan of this book

The beginning grabbed my attention, but about halfway through I became bored. In a short e-book, that really says something, too. The conflict was forced. There was no real tension or excitement, which could have been built up over the months before the story started. The author seemed to skip right over that part, which in this kind of story can be the best part, its the part that makes us happy when the couple finally gets together.

Its too bad too, because I
Charly
Oct 28, 2012 Charly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good idea, but could have been executed much better

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 4/10

PROS:
- The story is filled with glamorous surroundings and people who are fun to read about. Who’s not interested, on at least some level, in famous twin brothers who make People’s 50 Most Beautiful People list, frequent A-list clubs, and stay in the executive suites of fancy hotels?
- I liked Kasey’s brother, Garrett, quite a bit. He’s flashy and flamboyant with
Ralph
May 05, 2010 Ralph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ralph by: Martha
Shelves: mm-romance
Professional basketball player Kasey Johnson makes a point of keeping his sexual preference under guard and out of the public eye. Empty, off-season flings are all he can look forward to until he retires. He figures his secret is safe-until he meets Ingram Fletcher, a nightclub owner who ignites a passionate inferno in his body.
Gram has lusted after Kasey ever since the long, tall basketball player was traded to Phoenix a year ago. But with Kasey-s twin brother running interference, up until now
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed the story of Kasey and Gram coming together and finding love. My complaint is that the story should have been longer. I had one of those "You're kidding, that's it!?!?!" moments when I reached the end. I at least wanted an epilogue to tell me they got the HEA they deserved. And I wanted to see what happened later for Garrett and Paul, maybe they'll get their own stories later in the series.

4-22-09 I upgraded this to 4 stars based on reading the sequel, High Line , which provides a HEA
Candice

This story was a fun read and I like Kasey and Gram. It was nice that Gram didn't put a lot of pressure on Kasey knowing what it would do to his career. My biggest complaint was the ending with very abrupt and I would have liked to have seen what happened.

Roger - president of NBR United - Grace
Oh this so hot I like twins and I like it when a person overcomes the need to be in a closet for someone they love.
Elisa Rolle
One thing you could say of T.A. Chase's books is that they are all very different. This one is a sexual romp (from Merriam Webster Online romp = a: high-spirited, carefree, and boisterous play b: something suggestive of such play: as (1): a light fast-paced narrative, dramatic, or musical work usually in a comic mood (2): an episode of lovemaking).

Kasey is a 23 years old pro basketball player. He is only in his second year as professional player and he has no courage to openly admit that he is g
Elizabetta

Oh man, this just didn’t work for me, either. The plot is pretty run-of-the-mill: up-and-coming young sports star (basketball this time), Kasey, is in the closet to protect career and endorsement deals. But when he meets the love of his life, Ingram (Gram). an out and proud nightclub owner, Kasey has some hard decisions to make.

Any exposition of Kasey's actual sports career takes a back seat. There is a lot of sex, it’s mostly sex really. The guys hook up pretty immediately and other th
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
The beginning was very good. I liked the fact that Gram didn't know if Kasey was gay and he had all the worries of a teenager who doesn't know if he has a chance with his love interest or not. Their first kiss on the couch of a nightclub, stealing a moment in a dark, was beautiful and hot and sweet at the same time. It was a promise that wasn't really fulfilled.

After that there's a lot of sex and the plot (young sport star who has to decide whether to stay in the closet and keep his endorsements
Lisa
Kasey is an in the closet pro basketball player.
Gram an out and proud gay nightclub owner.
One evening Kasey and his brother go out and end up in Gram's club. The 2 get it on. The book is pretty much sexual encounter after sexual encounter, with Kasey agonizing whether he should come out. In the end the decision is taken out of his hands.
A quick read with rather an abrupt ending.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Apr 05, 2009 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of sports themed m/m romance>basketball
3.5 of 5 really

I was really liking this, the characters, their relationship struggles, deciding if it was worth it, what they really meant to each other, until the very end.

It will be worth it, however, to read the next book in the series. As I am much more interested in a follow up. Be it with these characters or another sports themed m/m romance from T A Chase.
Heather
Dec 18, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, e-book, m-erotica
Really 3 1/2 stars.

Would have given this 4, however the ending was a little too abrupt. I was hoping for a little more insight into Kasey and Gram's relationship after the big announcement.

Overall, story was a lot of fun and I really liked it... I just wish the book could have been longer, or the ending wrapped up a little differently.

xo

Arthur
Mar 08, 2012 Arthur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book a lot since it deals with coming out differently. Usually, when two men are involved with each other and one of them is in the closet, the other man would put pressure on him or downright threatening by giving him ultimatum: out or break up. Not here.
Alishea
This one was so short it read like it was abridged. I got no feeling for either MC and so much of their lives were just skipped over that there was no story.
Shelby
I’m not even sure I can really say why, but I really love this book. I’ve re-read it any number of times and I’m never disappointed. It’s a relatively short story but it touches all my feel good happy thoughts and always makes me smile. I just adore Kasey and Gram together, in fact I’ve enjoyed them so much that I never even notice how short of a time frame there is to their falling in love.

Kasey Johnson career is on the rise. He’s in his second year in the NBA playing for the Phoenix Suns. It’
Kukko
I am really surprised I am about to say this - but all the humping, grunting and one-word exclamations during sex ("gonna") got a bit tedious after a while.

This is a short story and instead of all the repetitive sex (sometimes less is more), I would have loved to have learnt more about Gram and Kasey. Maybe then I would not have been so surprised when they announced to the world that they were in love and wanted to spend the rest of their lives together …it all felt a tad premature.

I wish some
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jul 15, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Tailtiu
3.5*
Really nice 'coming out' story.
Kasey is a pro Basketball player and even though his twin is an out Hollywood star he is still in the closet.
He falls for Gram a gay nightclub owner and has a tough choice to make - come out or stay in the closet.
I liked that Gram not only didn't pressure Kasey to come out, but was understanding and supportive of him and his reasons for staying in the closet. Likeable MC's and other characters, I just could have done with a bit more relationship building and a
Alina
Sep 17, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book!
Both Kasey and Gram are very sympathetic characters and the main theme about homophobia in sports was very realistic, I think.
At first I was wondering why there's so much Garrett in this book (not that I didn't like him - quite the opposite), but then I remembered about the sequel :)
The ending was kinda abrupt, but then again there's more of Gram and Kasey's story in the second book, so I'm not complaining.
Tammy
I did like that Gram wasn't a "gold digger" and had his own self worth. Kasey is in the closet because of his professional basketball career. And Gram makes no demands on him about that. Nice easy read.
Pia Veleno
There is such thing as too much sex. I caught myself thinking, "Again?" several times while reading. The main conflict could've been stronger given the MC's position, and ended fairly abruptly avoiding the fallout that one would expect around a celebrity athlete.
Deanna Against Censorship
I liked the main chapters but wanted to feel more of their emotions. I enjoyed their journey. Gram was patient with Kasey. Kasey was in the closet. Gram was not. This was a good read.
Marion
Apr 13, 2015 Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75stars!
Jody
Feb 19, 2011 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kasey Johnson is a star basketball player with a twin brother who's a popular openly gay actor. Kasey wishes he too could come out but knows that in the world of sports his teammates will abhor his lifestyle and endorsements will dry up. So for now he's keeping quiet. But his plans might have to change the night he goes to a popular gay bar with his brother and gives in to the long simmering attraction he's had for the bar's owner. Ingram Fletcher is out about his sexuality and wants to stay tha ...more
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Out of Bounds was a quick, fun read. Kasey Johnson is a professional basketball player, and his twin, Garrett, is a famous Hollywood actor. Both are gay, Garrett is out but Kasey isn't. As the story opens, Kasey is back from an out-of-town game, and Garrett wants him to go out to a local club with him – Garrett has just broken up with his long-term partner and wants to go have fun.

Ingram (Gram) Fletcher owns the Liverpool, the club near Kasey’s home. Gram has had his eye on Kasey forever, but do
Nerine Petros
Jan 19, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Out of Bounds is a wonderful novella which takes us into the world of sports. T.A. builds a rich background of knowledge about both the fictional basketball team that Kasey is a member of, and the nightclub that out and proud Gram owns and runs. The men have been friends for years, and T.A. does a wonderful job of writing in such a way that you feel you know both characters from the start.

Kasey plays basketball. It's what he does and he does it well, to the point of being 22 and asked to play in
Leslie Lee Sanders
Imagine being an all-star basketball player, the twin of an openly gay celebrity movie star and secretly gay yourself. Oh, what stress. In T. A. Chase’s erotic romance, Out of Bounds, Kasey Johnson is that person.

All the action begins when Kasey’s movie star brother, Garrett, convinces him to go out with him to a nightclub. Once there, Ingram Fletcher, the nightclub owner, makes his move to seduce Kasey.

Kasey is career minded and any move he makes is strategically placed in order to keep his sex
AussieMum
Laura Ward
For the most part, I've enjoyed the majority of this authors books, this one though just fell flat. The concept of the story intrigued me, which is why I stated to read it in the first place, but the lack of visible build up between the two MC's made me unable to really click with them. The every 5 pages of sex became a chore and by the end I was just skipping them entirely hoping for some actual plot to pop up, and was then disappointed.

I really wanted to like both Kasey and Gram and at first
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Kasey is a star basketball player. He's gay but not openly out, due to fears related to his profession. His twin brother, Garrett, however is openly gay-- and is a highly sought-after Hollywood Star. When Garrett is in town, Kasey usually accommodates his desire to party, so even though he's weary, he follows Garrett to a popular nightclub. The owner, Gram, is a sexy Irishman who has a powerful crush on Kasey and when Garrett indicates that Gram stands a chance, he makes his move.

Apparently the
  • Second Sight
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Only For Him (Only Forever, #2)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Spot Me (Work Out, #1)
  • Catching A Buzz
  • Rough Draft
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...

Love of Sports (2 books)
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)