Start by marking “For The Sake of Sin” as Want to Read:
For The Sake of Sin

For The Sake of Sin

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  149 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
*Note this is a short erotic story*

A retired assassin, a vengeful courtesan, and a night of explosive discoveries — revenge brings them together under the magic of a desert moon, when the courtesan known only as Sin seeks to hire a retired assassin to kill her lover. Can sharp shooter Gabriel Stone justify helping the woman for more than the Sake of Sin?
Published May 24th 2011 by Night Shift Publishing

To ask other readers questions about For The Sake of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For The Sake of Sin

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo-ebooks
The opening to "For The Sake Of Sin" was secretive,alluring and sexy. While Erotica is not normally my read these two characters drew me right in. Ava Sinclair is a courtesan who hires Gabriel Stone a retired assassin.Gabriel is mysterious,alluring and down right sexy,he captures this story and I could vision him and **ahem** his method of attracting Ava.While the story is short ( wanted more!) it gave just enough detail and delivered a "quickie" (excuse the pun)to be quite enjoyable. Thanks Suz ...more
Tia
Dec 08, 2011 rated it liked it
For The Sake Of Sin was an okay read. It had an up and down effect for me. The beginning of this short story didn't draw me in. It took about 15-20 pages for me to connect with the plot and the characters. Marco is a horrible man, yet Ava was sexually attracted to him knowing what she new about him. Stone was hot. We all love the wounded, lost, mysterious guy. The ending of the story was super romantic and I loved it. 3.5 stars
Netanella
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: western-romance
I enjoyed the opening of this short, erotic western romance - until our Clint Eastwood-like hero morphed into Chevy Chase antics. Perhaps it was the brevity of the tale, but the change in personality was too jarring for me. The ending, of course, was sweet as wine!
Teresa Jones
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For the Sake of Sin, was the third book that I have read from Suzie Grant and once again I was not disappointed. I came across this book as I was adding some of her other works to my “wish list” on Amazon and since it was free, I decided I needed to read it immediately.

This book is a short, sultry historical erotica that takes place deep in the heart of Texas. Although some novellas leave you wanting for more, due to them being short in length, I did not feel that that was the case with this sto
Tara Chevrestt
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a short, erotic, historical tale involving a courtesan, an assassin, and a corrupt mayor. I think it's a good way to sample Suzie Grant's work. I read her Wrong Kind of Paradise recently and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

For a short story, it was good. I did find the falling in love and opening up to each other with their dark secrets be a bit abrupt and sudden, but again, it's a shortie. Ava is a courtesan who wants to hire Gabriel to kill her lover. Why? Because her lover killed her
Danae Ringsby
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful! Suzie Grant knows how to keep readers interested in her books. The romance and the action. It was something you can't forget.

Ava is a former courtesan who is looking for only one thing revenge on the monster that had her family killed in front of her, Marco. The man who provided her with everything she needed in life to get out of being a courtesan. Trying to find a way to kill Marco Ava meets Gabriel, ex-assassin to kill Marco. Not thinking that maybe he could be the o
Judy
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
For the Sake of Sin by Suzie Grant
Gabriel Stone is a retired assassin with no plans of changing that status, until jasmine scented letters arrive asking him for help. He had to meet the author of the letters.

That author was Ava Sinclair, known to most as Sin. A courtesan of immense beauty on the outside, but a deep and hidden sadness on the inside. She had a plan for vengeance that had been boiling inside for over ten years. And she needed Gabriel's help to make it happen.

This is a fairly short
Joy
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it

36 pages

Just outside El Paso, Texas

"I thought you didn't meet with potential clients?"

A thrill of awareness shot through Gabriel Stone at the whispered words in the dark. Shadows danced across the adobe walls of the Spanish church ruins. "I don't."

"Then why are you here?"

Why am I here?

The silhouette moved and the rustle of fabric tantalized him, luring him to round the corner to confront the woman. But he held back.

I liked it. The author certainly made use of the space she had to create an i
Jaxy
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Within the first few lines, author Suzie Grant, captured my attention and didn't let go. I couldn't put my kindle down. The sexual attention alone drew me in but I loved Gabriel Stone. He made the entire story work for me. He was sexy, mysterious, alluring and I can completely understand Ava's attraction to him. The author gave just enough attention to detail that I could visualize him in my mind but at the same time left enough to my own imagination that he truly came to life for me. I truly en ...more
Amanda
I liked the concept and that opening scene was a doozy. But the story felt too rushed, too compacted for a 40 pp book. I think there could have been a lot more done with it instead of running us through the back stories. The denoument came too quickly, and while I like happily ever after endings, this was too cheesy for my taste. I think if I'd gotten to know the characters better I would have enjoyed their finale much better.
Melody
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice!
Angie
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Erotic but with a story and a sweet ending. Had a small tear in my eye at the end.
Jen_C
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not for me.
Sababa
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook-collection
I have read novella before, but this one left me feeling completely dissatisfied. Very intriguing characters and plot, but I felt the author couldn't live up to the challenge of writing it.
BleuBelle
Cameron
Jan 18, 2015
Jun 13, 2012
Cheryll
rated it did not like it
May 31, 2017
Bev Ross
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • California Caress
  • Wicked Mourning
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Under a Midnight Moon (Werekind #2.5)
  • Letter of Love
  • Lord Fool to the Rescue
  • Wild Wild Widow
  • Dance Macabre (Lords of Pendragon #1)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • Threesome (erotic menage)
  • Christmas Redemption
  • Delilah's Flame
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Trust
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
Suzie’s life has been one big adventure. Her childhood was full of reading the classics like Treasure Isle, Robinson Crusoe and The Swiss Family Robinson tales. In fact her mother has another word for her “stories” but to this day, Suzie continues to dream up adventures of her own.

As a pregnant teen her adventure became a life-defining moment as she struggled to survive and raise a child on her ow