Start by marking “Justice (The Tainted Realm, #3)” as Want to Read:
Justice (The Tainted Realm, #3)

Justice

(The Tainted Realm #3)

The final battle -- the ultimate price.
The once beautiful land of Hightspall is being carved up by warring armies led by figures from out of legend. One army is headed by the charismatic brute, Axil Grandys, and the other by Lyf, resurrected sorcerer-king and Axil's ancient nemesis.
Only the escaped slave Tali and her unreliable magic stand in their way -- but Tali's gift
Published February 1st 2013 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice

Start your review of Justice (The Tainted Realm, #3)
Tony
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The scene is set,the die is cast, the pieces are all on the table and the players are set to strut and fret their hour upon the stage, but I imagine the question that most of us will ask with fervid intensity when we pick this book from the shelf is... 'is Justice a fitting conclusion to the Three Realms Trilogy.'. My answer is a resounding YES!

Of course most of us asking that question will have already made the decision to buy this book but for those of you that haven't picked up the first two
Peter
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Everything I liked about Vengeance seemed to vanish over the course of Rebellion and Justice. Despite its flaws, Vengeance was a unique read, with an interesting world, story and magic system. Its characters are what held it back from ever being great however and that has not changed with Justice. All of these characters are flawed in the worst ways and never seem to grow or change over the course of this series. I am all for flawed characters but these ones are flawed to the point of being ...more
Sue
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it Loved it LOVED IT !
Am a fan of all books Irvine as he has yet to let me down. This trilogy started with a gentle build following the lives of 3 conflicting races and their inability to cohabitate their shared world. Their are flawed heoes and heroines, confused villains and a touch of magic and things from the deep dark past.
He slyly gives a couple of veiled references/links to previous stories or did I read too much into those lines ?
Their are twists and turns as in any good plot and
K.S. Nikakis
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've just done a review of this for Aurealis Xpress. This is the first Ian Irvine book I've read and it certainly cleared up the problems I sometimes have between what constitutes epic fantasy and high fantasy. It is a juggernaut of near death experiences, and as Book 3,it is the conclusion of a trilogy. I've not read the other two but Ian provides good outlines at the beginning that steer skilfully between letting the reader know/or reminding them of what happened in Books 1 and 2. If you like ...more
Hails H
Jon Carton
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Although I love some of Ian Irvine's other stories, specifically the View from the Mirror and Well of Echoes series, I have to admit that upon reflection, this trilogy just did not grab me as much as the others did. The lore and the world itself were really well done, as you'd expect from reading Irvine's other work, and I particularly enjoyed the idea of the Engine and the Kharon/Kharoon - this seems an oddly familiar word from another series, are we hinting at something Ian? Very clever if so! ...more
Sasha
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It was amazing to finally see this book on the shelves in Ballarat. I especially liked the little summaries of the previous two books at the start to refresh your memory.
Justice takes up where Rebellion left off, with Tali and Rix trying to kill their mutual friend turned caitsthe to put him out of his misery. Of course they are interrupted when quakes rock the land due to the mysterious Engine hidden underground.
Tali continues to battle the power of the master pearl inside her head, one that
Dennis
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series has frustrating case of 'everyman' knowledge. Slaves living underground their whole lives know about coral reefs and 'everyone is upset at Tali' - the whole keeps understanding and mood swings with the feelings of one character. Holm knows gossip/intel from other camps without talking to anyone to get the information!

People somehow 'know' that Rix is 'Deadhand'....

A great story, but the bleed between characters and the unexplained knowledge by characters that didn't have access to
Alistair Geddes
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Tainted Realm trilogy is a rollercoaster ride, that barely lets the reader draw breath as the protagonists (and antagonists) lurch from one catastrophe to another. There is a lovely nod to the author's Three Worlds series. The Engine referred to throughout the novels was an innovative and intriguing concept. The novels could be enjoyed by readers who wouldn't normally venture towards fantasy as a lot of the tropes, conceits and concepts of the genre are subverted or dispensed with ...more
David Robinson
With long breaks between me reading the three entries my memory was a bit murky the fine points. After a few chapters in the characters just seemed flawed in a bad way. Kept going and the flaws just never disapeared. I remember really liking the first two books but now I wonder if i remember incorrectly or if this book was just not well done. The story was cool idea but I found the character's actions just off the entire time. It had some really good parts but the characters just really stuck ...more
Quinn
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway. This YA fantasy book has a lot of good things going for it. Since this was the third in the series I really liked that there was a recap of the first two books in the preface to bring you up to date. This story has many layers but it. is easy to follow the various back stories and ongoing story line. I found the dialogue abrupt at times but I'll attribute that to guessing it's a YA novel.
Elise
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a whole, I really liked the series, but I am disappointed with how it was ended. It feels largely unfinished and I am left with a longing to know how the world that was created actually ends. Is it destroyed, or is it healed? Do they leave? *sigh* I dislike final books that leave so much unresolved.
Steven
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like far too many works if epic fantasy, the plot becomes increasingly loose as the book goes on. The climax is messy enough that there are 50 pages afterward to try to explain it and actually wrap up the story. Not to mention that the characters are basically done their arcs halfway through. The whole series would benefit from being editted down to one book.
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.
Kayla Quay
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! Best author ever!! I was impressed by this book but then 2 pages from the end, Ian Irvine pulls out a surprise that I should have seen coming but never did. Great read of the entire series in total :) can't wait for the next ones to begin
Bethwyn Badger
Sep 09, 2013 marked it as aurealis-2013
Aurealis Awards 2013 nomination.
Amanda
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It was great to read the conclusion to the trilogy. Ian Irvine doesn't disappoint.
Andrew Holden
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
By the end of this series, I was just reading to see what happens and I was not engaged like I have been with the author's previous series. The characters were the main downfall of this series.
Trilby Johnson
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. I was totally absorbed and could not wait to see how the plot unraveled. It did, with several unexpected twists which make Ian Irvine the master of storytelling that he is.
Trilby Johnson
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Had me glued to find out what happens. Love Mr Irvine's style and ability to take me on a journey. Thank you. Still a definite fan.
Bone Carson
Dec 09, 2017
Iben
Jun 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Perfect Shadow (Night Angel, #0.5)
  • Aurora
  • 2312
  • The Fairy Godmother (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #1)
  • Blade of Empire (The Dragon Prophecy, #2)
  • Terminal Alliance (Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse, #1)
  • Half-Resurrection Blues (Bone Street Rumba, #1)
  • Die Buchspringer
  • Emma, der Faun und das vergessene Buch
  • Midnight Taxi Tango (Bone Street Rumba, #2)
  • Skyborn (Thrones & Bones, #3)
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
  • Promised (Birthmarked, #3)
  • A Meeting at Corvallis (Emberverse, #3)
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
  • Terminal Uprising  (Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse, #2)
I'm an Australian author of 32 novels, mainly fantasy. They include the bestselling Three Worlds epic fantasy sequence, which has sold over a million print copies. It comprises The View from the Mirror quartet, The Well of Echoes quartet and The Song of the Tears trilogy. Im currently writing The Gates of Good and Evil, the long-awaited sequel to The View from the Mirror. Book 2, The Fatal Gate, ...more

The Tainted Realm (3 books)
  • Vengeance (The Tainted Realm #1)
  • Rebellion (The Tainted Realm, #2)