Start by marking “Vornheim” as Want to Read:
Vornheim

Vornheim

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Vast is Vornheim, the Grey Maze... Give somebody a floorplan and theyll GM for a day show them how to make 30 floorplans in 30 seconds and theyll GM forever. Need to know how to get from here to there even if neither here nor there are listed on a map? Even if there is no map? Need a random encounter? Need instant stats for that random encounter? Need to know why there was ...more
64 pages
Published 2011 by LotFP

To ask other readers questions about Vornheim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vornheim

Forrest
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every spare inch of this slim hardcover volume is covered in role-playing goodness. Though slightly reminiscent (I use the term anachronistically - Vornheim came first) of the excellent Yoon-Suin, with it's varied tables of random fun, this supplement does not repeat anything from Yoon-Suin. I suspect, in fact, that they might both be used together to great effect.

Vornheim, The Gray Maze, is a hypermassive city in which characters can spend an entire campaign. Actually, given the random way in w
Blaine
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A massively useful toolkit for urban adventuring, especially within the OSR style. Complete with three mini-dungeons and instructions for how to make more. The best advice is hidden within the paragraph detailing that urban adventures should be consequence and scene based, as opposed to room and treasure based.
Kelvin Green
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gaming-books
This book is revolutionary, an attempt to do something a bit different to the technical manual/clunky prose format that is all too common in the gaming field. It doesn't hurt that it's full of personality and Zak's wonderful dark, grunky fairy tale art.
Andrew Vice
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book.
Jorge Jaramillo Villarruel
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Almost perfect.
hellix
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent fantasy city generators, for when you want something done on the fly! Can heartily recommend Augmented Reality by Paul D Gallagher for those seeking something similar but for cyberpunk.
Mike
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've never put a review for a tabletop RPG book on here before (probably some residual embarrassment floating around) but I thought I'd start. This is a really great book - it's short, but it's stuffed to the gills with great ideas about running adventures in cities to the point that other books/blogs I've read on similar topics feel pithy and bloated with useless stuff. Highly recommended if you can track down a copy (I got the only one Amazon had at the time, and the publisher seems to be in F ...more
Amy
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If ever there was a book that I thought a GM should read, it would be this one. While written for the Lamentations of the Flame Princess world, EVERYTHING in this can be easily modified for any system. This is primarily a guide to running a campaign - or section of a campaign - in a city, but a lot of it can be repurposed to ease any adventure campaign.
Mark
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourite RPG supplements in a long time. I'm not an OSR fan, but this works for me. Not sure I'll ever use it directly, but I am using bits and pieces of it in planning an RPG campaign. Great artwork, evocative setting and all of it game-able. And it's short, so you can read it several times before you use it.
James
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Old school RPG renaissance purchase. City is interesting, art is lovely and not fantasygamestandard, and gaming tricks (like scatter dice for random events & things on all surfaces of the book) awesome. High density.
Jorgen
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaming, favorites
Great, great book.

Read through it and loved all the ideas, and the peek inside Zak's head (which seems to be a very weird, disturbing and wonderful place).

Make me want to GM so I can try all the stuff out.
Ideas in the book will just randomly come back to me.
Dustin
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Slimmer than I expected, but full of good value nonetheless. Lots of tricks to help your tabletop game get to the fun parts fast.
Leonard Armitage
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rpg
Best city book I've read - wish I would have thought of it myself
Ripham
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rpg
I wish it were a little bigger, with more content, because all in it is really good.
Curtis Hay