Start by marking “Marketing For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Marketing For Dummies

Marketing For Dummies (For Dummies)

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Marketing is the most important thing that you do in business today, even if your job title doesn't have the word marketing in it. That is because marketing, in all its varied forms, is concerned with things like attracting customers, and
Getting them to buy your product Making sure that they are happy with their purchases Persuading them to come back for more What could be
Paperback
Published April 30th 2004 by Wiley Publishing (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Marketing For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marketing For Dummies

Will
Mar 13, 2010 rated it liked it
I'm getting more into the marketing stuff at work, and wanted a quick and easy intro to the terms and the layout of the field. It did its job to give me the intro, but you better not stop here if you plan to learn ANYTHING.
Serafina Moon
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time getting into this book. It had a lot of good ideas and examples, but seemed to be geared towards those who already have a marketing program in place and want to improve it. Since I have no experience in marketing and am just starting out as an entrepreneur, it wasn't very helpful. Maybe later on down the road it will be. I liked the end of the book better than the beginning, but it was still very boring and seemed to drag on and on. Hence the reason it took me 3 months t ...more
Lionkhan-sama
Mar 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really disliked this book. In my modest opinion, the author is trying to make a few tidbits of information (most of them common sense) into a full-scoped book. I decided to read this book to get more of an insight into how marketing works (I am not a marketer and am in no way interested in the subject) but I must say I barely gained anything from reading this book. If anything, it has made me hate marketing even more, as I see it as a "false" and "empty" thing pretending to be a subject worth ...more
Terrance
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Read most of this book. As a marketing manager, it gave me some pointers that are helpful in a marketing career. Marketing is about creativity, but the technical aspects of the subject matter are very important to know as well. If you don't have a degree in marketing (or some sort of business or communications degree), this book isn't going to teach you what you need to know for a career in marketing.
Francine Maessen
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Two weeks ago I started an internship about marketing and communication, so I thought I should read a bit about the subject. This book provides a lot of practical information, and it's all explained very clearly. It was a bit too practical to just read into something. You really feel like you should immediately put all this information to use.
Jen Burstedt
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Pretty dry to read all of the way through, though I can't deny the fact that it was comprehensive. I thought this would be helpful for me as someone in healthcare marketing but the principles and way the material is presented seems to be well-suited to the local small business owner in restauranting or retail.
Rory
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's ok and maybe lots of people will get lots from it.

It wasn't really anything new for me; but then I knew a fair bit before reading.

It didn't help me with my marketing. But then I am in a difficult industry where marketing accounts for only a small part of decision making.
Jen
Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jen by: Betsy Boyd
Shelves: marketing
This is marketing 101: a basic reference guide. I found a lot of this book's content common sense for someone who has worked in a business for any amount of time. It is need-to-know knowledge, but it is not in the least bit inspiring.
Anthony McDowell
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For a novice like myself with no formal marketing education, I loved this book! 28 pages of notes
مصطفی یاوری آیین
مسلمانان از دست ترجمه ی بد فریاد
از دست ترجمه ی افتضاح فریاد
احتمالا اگر نام حامد علی آقایی کن را روی ترجمه ی کتاب دیگری ببینم، دو پا دارم، دو پای دیگر قرض میکنم و فرار میکنم
Martha
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Good in general, but less helpful.
Pat Council
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. Easy to understand and great information that gets results.
Kaloyan Roussev
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
This is a good introductory book on classical marketing. It can get you started
Carla
Apr 16, 2009 is currently reading it
many marketing ideas
Sam Motes
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business-reads
Very high level but gives a good overview of marketing concepts for the non-marketing professional.
Megan
May 31, 2011 marked it as to-read
I'm a dork who likes to learn. What can I say.
Roxii
  • Blogging for Dummies
  • Mortgages For Dummies
  • Bartending For Dummies
  • Encouraging the Heart: A Leader's Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others
  • The Sages: Warren Buffett, George Soros, Paul Volcker, and the Maelstrom of Markets
  • PHR/SPHR: Professional in Human Resources Certification Study Guide
  • Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service
  • Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History
  • The Articulate Executive: Learn to Look, ACT, and Sound Like a Leader
  • Speeches That Changed The World
  • The Zigzag Principle: The Goal Setting Strategy That Will Revolutionize Your Business and Your Life
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership, Workbook
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Intentional Interviewing and Counseling: Facilitating Client Development in a Multicultural Society

For Dummies (1 - 10 of 104 books)
  • Accounting for Dummies