Start by marking “Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)” as Want to Read:
Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)

Widow’s Web

(Elemental Assassin #7)

I used to murder people for money, but these days it’s more of a survival technique.

Once an assassin, always an assassin. So much for being plain old Gin Blanco. With every lowlife in Ashland gunning for me, I don’t need another problem, but a new one has come to town.

Salina might seem like a sweet Southern belle, but she’s really a dangerous enemy whose water elemental m
ebook, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published August 21st 2012 by Pocket (first published August 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Widow’s Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Widow’s Web

mrsj
Aug 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: must-get-list
After more than 12 hours later..
My honest review :

To summarize:
Gin Blanco, the former assassin has a new problem in Ashland.
Salina Dubois is back in town for her own agenda and Owen has a past with her.
Salina, being woman... we know how vicious a woman can get and what a hissy fit she will throw if she doesn't get what she wants.
And Owen, being "caught" in between.
We get to know how Owen got his broken nose, his past that he did not share with Gin, his history with Kincaid and what poor Eva
Jo
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

15/06/2016 It's Wednesday!!! Buddy read with my kickass friends over at BB&B because we love our bloodthirsty assassin Gin!

Because in the end, someone had to make the hard decisions, had to do the dirty work, had to be the bad guy, and, like it or not, it seemed that quite often that someone was me.

Finally we have arrived at the book I’ve been dreading. The one that made me reluctant to read this series.

With this book it comes to light that Owen has been keeping a very important part

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Gin's still trying to fight off hoodlums looking to take down the Spider but she's still able to kick back and enjoy life. That is, until someone shows up in town. Coincidentally, this happened the same time Owen started acting strangely. Could they be related?

Wow, Wow, and then some more WOW. I LOVED this book. It sucked me in right from the start and I could not put it down. That didn't mean I was happy about things....oh contraire, this book is all about the angst, baby!

If you're reading th
Choko
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** 4.00 ***

Buddy read with my kick-ass friends over at BB&B because we love our bloodthirsty assassin Gin!

We are at the seventh book in the Elemental Assassins series and by no means is it a happy read. However, it is an important addition to the series, since it is one of those which gives our characters room to grow and abolishes any stagnation in emotion...

If you have not finished the sixth book in the series, you might want to stop reading here, since there will be spoilers for the pre
Jen Davis
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Jennifer Estep... how could you do this to me? Yes, you made it very clear where this story was heading, but it didn't make it hurt any less to see the hits coming.

The book begins with Gin happy. She and her sister are solid. Mab is dead. Things are good at the Pork Pit. And her relationship with Owen couldn't be better. Right there, you know it's all going to fall apart, because things are never easy for Gin Blanco.

Trouble comes in the form of the beautiful water elemental Salina, henc
Ferdy
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Gin and Owen's relationship is tested when his ex, Salina, turns up to take over Ashland and win him back.

-The plot was engrossing, the pacing was great and most of the characters were as entertaining as ever.

-The reason I didn't give this a higher rating was because of 1) that bastard Owen and 2) the complete destruction of Owen and Gin's relationship. What I loved about Owen and Gin was how they both opened up to each other, how it came across that what they had they'd never felt befo
Karla

4 1/2 Stars!! I was uneasy going into this one, but in the end, I was pleasantly surprised!!

I had heard tale about a rift that would form between Gin and Owen, but considering the circumstances, it was well done, and leaves the reader hopeful. Theirs is a story that no doubt will resolve itself as the series moves forward. We have to remember that this is an urban fantasy, and although this amazing pairing adds an extra layer of depth to the story, one that this reader enjoys immensely, it’s n
Layla

My rating: 3/5 stars
First line:“Breaking into the building was easy. Too easy for an assassin like me.”
Favourite quote:“For a moment, I almost felt sorry for her. Then the bitch blasted me with her water magic, and I got over it.”
Song of choice: Serial Killer by Lana del Rey

In Widow’s Web many things happen. Or at least on the emotional front. But first things first, let me make a quick summary of the book. Salina Dubois, Owen’s ex fiancee comes back in town determined to kill all those who witn
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
There was something I felt that was missing from this series and I really couldn’t put my finger on it until this book. I like it was that I felt most of time the characters were 2 dimensional. There is a problem….let’s go kill the people causing it. Oh…you just showed up covered in blood and probably killed some people, that’s fine I’ll just clean you up and accept it as it. It was like there were only the emotions on the surface for most of the characters and nothing was really very complex. U ...more
Shari Kay
3.5 ✭

By a Thread ended in a kind of happy place. Gin and Owen were solid. Bria was coming around . Finn got the girl and Donovan got his comeuppance. I thought seriously about letting the series end there for me...obviously I didn't. Even knowing what was coming (GR rumor mill) I decided to go ahead and read WW. Am I sorry? Yes & no.

Salina is Owen's ex. She's a water elemental who's returned to Ashland for revenge, power and Owen. Fairly early on we find out that Salina is a psychotic biotch
Shelley
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Review*

“I stood there alone in the dark and wondered who the hell Salina Dubois really was, why she seemed to have such an effect on my lover, and what I was going to do about her. Because this was a matter of the heart—and one problem that all my knives and all my prowess as the Spider wouldn’t help me solve.”

Oh baby what a story! Estep really threw me for a loop with this story! Yes, I was warned that there would be a shock or two coming and to try not to spoi
Beatriz  Lins
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-2012
"I’m going to untangle her deadly scheme, even if it leaves my love affair hanging by a thread."

description

What? They're too perfect to break up!

EDIT: Just finished reading it. There were, what, 3 actions scenes, tops, in the whole book. This one was definitely a slow-paced book, compared to the rest of the series. THe romance was the only thing that managed to disappoint me. I'm still looking forward to Deadly Sting, though!
Full review to come.
Steven
This one was really good, but really heartbreaking as well.

For Gin, this one had some much more personal stakes than even her fight with Mab.

For the supporting cast, there was some history that never healed and the bandaid was ripped off.

I even pity Salina DuBois, the villain... "Like it or not, sometimes people just get broken, and nothing and nobody will make them whole again."

This series is getting harder and harder not to break schedule and binge!
Lauren
Widow's Web
3.5 Stars

Despite her retirement from the assassins business, Gin Blanco is still forced to deal with the numerous lowlife thugs gunning for her. But they pale in comparison to the newest threat, Salina DuBois, a powerful water elemental who has her sights set, not only on taking out her underworld competition, but on Gin's lover, Owen Grayson, with whom she shares an intimate past. Can Gin untangle the wicked web woven by this deadly widow?

***Warning***: Minor spoilers ahead!

To sum up
Maria Dimitrova
Another awesome buddy read with the bloodthirsty folks at BB&B.

After finishing the book I came here to write a review but after giving the appropriate rating I just stood in front of the monitor and just stared. Because I don't know where to start. I'm still not sure how to start. Widow's Web is the first book in this series I gave 5 stars and that's one of the reasons I'm at a loss of words. Usually this happens sooner, especially when I get this attached to a set of characters. But up unt
Cheryl La Pa
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Very few series have kept my attention after the first 4 or 5 books, but Elemental Assassin keeps getting better and better with each book.

We finally get to see some depth to Owen's character and for him to play a larger role than just Gin's lover and moral support. We find out more about his past when his ex returns to town and wants to pick up where they left off. It was refreshing to see that he is flawed and human, whereas in previous books he has been the model boyfriend and big
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: I Like
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess HOT
Overall: This series continues to excite
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Heartbreaking. Making the right choice no matter the cost.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Absolutely
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Phillip Kincaid

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

I did not emotionally rate this book. Yes, I was pissed all to hell and if this series goes like the Hollows where every man is evil, I will stop reading it. Owen seemed totally out of ch
Tina ♥ Bookaholic
ich habe wirklich keine Ahnung, wie ich das Buch bewerten soll. Und ich hätte nie gedacht, dass ich mal sagen würde: "Du, Arsch, Owen!" Nun ja, habe mir jetzt die Rezis zu den nächsten drei Teilen durchgelesen und ich tendiere stark dazu, die Reihe für mich hiermit zu beenden. Eigentlich hätte Estep die Reihe schon nach Mabs ausscheiden gut sein lassen sollen. Meine Meinung...

EDIT - 2,5 Punkte:

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Wie lange habe ich diesem Buch entgegen
Theresa
4.5 Stars... My heart is slightly broken after this read... Gin faces her toughest nemesis yet, Owen’s ex-girlfriend... Secrets from the past seep into the present wreaking havoc in Gin’s life and those she loves most... As present and past collide, a deadly battle ensues and who will be left standing in the end is yet unknown... Physical confrontation is manageable for the Spider Assassin, but matters of the heart have always been a bit more tricky and when the battle is over there are many wou ...more
Suzanne
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Owen was pretty stupid (not consistent) in this one, which was disappointing. It was still a quick-moving story, and I really like that Bria and Gin's relationship has progressed.
Wanda
It really struck me as I was reading this volume of the Elemental Assassin series (number 7, if you’re counting) that Jennifer Estep is really working her way through all the relationship issues that a woman can have. The first couple of books revolve around being fixated on the wrong person—the one you’ve got chemistry with, but not necessarily shared values. The relationship that’s doomed from the start, but you’re still inexplicably drawn to (that would be detective Donovan Caine).

Then Gin me
Steffi
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
I'm so so deeply disappointed with Owen!!!
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
And in comes the bitch from hell! Wow, I finished this book so fast I didn’t even get a chance to take a single note the way I usually do. Once I started reading, I just couldn’t put it down. This is probably my favourite book in the series so far and some wild roller-coaster ride!

If you thought Mab Monroe was the ultimate bitch from hell well think again because Salina Dubois has nothing on her. She is totally psychotic and will do anything it takes to reclaim everything that’s hers, as she put
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Oh where to begin? Well first if you follow me you know that all the books in this series have been 5 Mac Halo (stars) and favorites for me. Well kiddies, Widow's Web is still a favorite and I still have my Gollum moments (My Precious) but I could only give it 4 stars.

Why? One word, or rather name...OWEN.

Owen you broke my heart in this one. I knew you were too perfect. But I have hopes that you pull you head out of your ass in the future.

But I'll back up a bit and leave Owen where he belongs...b
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

WIDOW’S WEB is book seven in the Elemental Assassin series and this time, Estep makes it personal.

Gin Blanco has a new enemy in town. Her name is Selina Debouis and rumor has it, the water elemental is back in Ashland after her long disappearance to seek revenge. But it seems that that’s not the only thing Selina has her eyes on...

Owen, Gin’s lover and Selina have a complicated past. Struggling at a young age to survive, Owen, Selina, Owen’s younger sister, Eva and Gin
Ezinwanyi
Finally a chink in Prince Owen's armor. It's nice to see Owen Grayson not be perfect...but make bad decision after bad decision. As many already know, I love this series. this book was better than the last book because we finally got to see a chink in Prince Owen's armor. In book 7 of the Elemental Assasin series, Owen's ex-fiance Salina Dubois comes to town and she just opens all kinds of wounds for everyone! First of all, Salina is a mean witch. Second, she just has Owen fooled as to her true ...more
Bastard
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What's next for Gin Bianco? I asked this before, and one book after we still remain with the same question, wondering where Jennifer Estep is taking this series next. It seems like for the time being the author is content with using the stage built in that initial arc and writing some standalone thrillers with a bigger focus on relationship developments. Widow's Web doesn't necessarily answer the question above, but by the end of the novel I can assure y
Kate
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gefühlt habe ich schon viel zu lange kein Buch mehr von Jennifer Estep gelesen. Und vielleicht lag es daran, dass ich „Spinnengift“ innerhalb weniger Stunden inhaliert hatte und von vorne bis hinten einfach nur begeistert war. Jetzt weiß ich auch wieder, warum ich die Bücher von Frau Estep so gerne lese. Es gab in diesem Band neue Einblicke, überraschende Wendungen und neue Figuren, die stark zum Lesevergnügen beigetragen haben.

Bei manchen Serien, die so viele Bände umfassen, kann ich es schon
AH
Exciting, riveting, a really fun read in Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassins series.

I had stopped reading this series about a year ago. I loved the world, the characters, the stories – however the books were rife with repetition, especially the characters’ eye colors. The repetition was so distracting that I had contemplated a drinking game, but then I’d never be able to finish the book. Instead, I just stopped reading the books, which was a shame because the author does tell a good story.

Fast
Michelle
In Spiders Bite we met Gin Blanco, cook by day and assassin by night. Over the past six books I have got to know Gin, I've cried with her, laughed with her, cheered as she defeated the bad guys, comiserated with her as she got her heart broke and finally fell in love as she did with Owen Grayson. In By a Thread Gin confronted her past in the form of Donovan Caine her ex-boyfriend, now in Widow's Web it's Owen's turn to confront his past.

Since Owen entered Gin's life it's been apparent that ther
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair, #2)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6)
  • Haunted (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Magic Without Mercy (Allie Beckstrom, #8)
  • Darklands (Deadtown, #4)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)
  • Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11)
“For a moment, I almost felt sorry for her. Then the bitch blasted me with her water magic, and I got over it.” 34 likes
“Gin! Gin, are you here?”
“Right behind you,” I said.
Finn shrieked and whirled around. I winced at the high-pitched sound.
“Dammit, woman.” He clutched the folder to his chest. “Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”
30 likes