Start by marking “Treasure of Love (Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Treasure of Love (Love, #2)

Treasure of Love

(Love #2)

Hunky Alaskan dive master and charter boat captain Jackson Cameron is absolutely sure he’s straight until openly gay treasure hunter Dax Powers calls him and offers him the adventure of a lifetime: Dax and his sister Donatella have found the Anna Wyoming, a ship that went down during the 1889 gold rush on return from Skagway Island—very possibly carrying a fortune in gold. ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 214 pages
Published May 20th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press, LLC (first published May 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Treasure of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure of Love

Nic
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was a little worried when I started reading this book, knowing the story was about Jack who was pretty much an asshole in the first book. I definitely didn't like Jack' character in Wings of Love so had no idea what to expect here.

I needn't have worried. The Jackson in this book seems a completely different characters to the character we were first introduced too. Some time has passed and Jackson has definitely mellowed in his attitude and there are no signs of his previous intolerance. "Jack
Jacq ~
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Scotty, for another great read ! I truly enjoyed, the mystery combined with a fine twist of suspense. HELL I was holding my breath time and time again. Scotty, also provided a sweet treat in reflection of a true series, which actually brought a smile to my face... when the boys re-appeared...I know I know shhh, I never like to tell. Ahhhh another true love story well written.Cameron I& Dax Powers ahhhh.
Cryselle
Treasure hunters need good maps, good hunches, and a lot of determination to find their booty, and Dax Powers has both when he charters Jack Cameron's dive boat. In Treasure of Love by Scotty Cade, Dax starts by looking for gold but finds a great deal more.

Both Dax and Jack are alpha kinds of guys, who start out with friction. The back and forth over the treasure diving trip makes for some great reading; they growl at each other to cover up the attraction, which is mutual, to Jack's great surpri
Elisa Rolle
This was more romance and less adventure than expected. I’m true, I like romance but I’m not really the adventurous novel type; I usually skip really quick through all the crash-boom-bang scenes to arrive to the one where the two main characters are alone, dealing with each other and their feelings. When I read the blurb of this story, the relationship between Captain Jack and treasure hunter Dax, I had the preconception that these two alpha men were too stubborn and strong to give me a sweet ro ...more
ManOhMan
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Jamie: They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but the eye-pleasing cover of 'Treasure of Love' gives any potential reader a clear taste of what's in store. This is a falling in love story, very much set on a boat in the water. If you don't like reading about boats and diving expeditions, then you may find yourself skimming over the finer points of the detailed and well re-searched plot.

The main character is Jack, a stoic, shy man who ends up hiring his boat out to a pair of treas
Ami
Let's get the niggle out of the way, first, shall we.

I really don't care about the characters. It's probably one of those ocassions where I don't click/feel the chemistry with the characters presented to me (hey, it happens!! seriously!). I think the romance is flat. I don't think Jackson's monologoe/musing regarding his sexuality is amusing. In fact, I skip almost all of the sex scenes. I find the romance is a bit superficial and I don't really believe Jack and Dax have good enough basis to ac
S.J.D. Peterson
I love it when I can learn new things while reading fiction. The scenes in which Scotty Cade writes of treasure-hunting and diving are so well written I felt as if I was taking the dive with them. Being as obsessive as I am, I had to check out treasure-hunting articles and even watched a few documentaries on the subject. I could so imagine, while watching the programs Jack and Dax in their wetsuits....the excitement of discovery and even the fear.
Treasure of Love blends just enough suspense with
Sandy Malone
I thought at first it was because i was drunk when i read it, it seemed that bad. So in my not drunk state i read it all AGAIN this morning..and yeah it was still THAT BAD! I feel kinda like i am being harsh, but it was one HOT MESS!
Mary Gresham
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another excellent book by Scotty Cade. In my opinion, it is the best one yet. It is very well written, with just the right amount of romance and suspense. Keep up the good work Scotty!
Nikko
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I love this one too!! Its really a nice book!! No cheating, no angsty and best of HEA!!! Yum!!! Just the way i loved it!!
B~
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow at times. 3.6 Stars
Jordan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tremendous improvement from the last book. Maybe because I don't know anything about treasure hunting? In any case, I found myself less judgemental of this book. I really liked both Jackson and Dax (though Dax was my favorite). One of the best things about this book was how openly gay Dax was. There were parts that almost made me want to laugh because it seemed comical, like a skit made for a cartoon. "The Adventures of Captain Cameron and the Gay Teasure Hunter." I can see it now.

In all seriou
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brad and Mac are back when Jack gets an unusual request for a lengthy and secretive dive charter from Dax. Turns out that Mac and Brad know of Dax from a failed treasure hunt near Cape Horn that was broadcast on T.V. What they don't share is that Dax is gay. They've long suspended that Jack, Mac's brother in law from his first partner is also gay whether Jack realises it or not. Dax is smitten by Jack at first sight but how can he convince Jack of that? Jack agrees to the charter and its rather ...more
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Great MM romantic suspense with a strong romance and compelling plot.

Why I Read this Book: I really enjoyed book one in this series so want to continue it. I have to also mention how much I’m enjoying reading male MM romance authors, like Scotty Cade.

What I Liked: Dax and Jackson have great chemistry. The sexual attraction is there but I really like how their emotional relationship develops. The men communicate with each other, especially impo
L-D
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, m-m
At the end of the first book, Mac nearly loses Brad because his brother-in-law, Jack, threatens him with an ultimatum to choose Brad or his family. I'm glad this book takes place a couple of years later because otherwise I'm not sure if I would have been ready to forgive Jack for his bigotry. Yes, okay, we all know he was only acting out because he was scared of his own feelings for men...and so begins Jack's story.

The one thing this book was missing compared to the first book, was the wonderful
Carol
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Treasure of Love is the second in a four book series by Scotty Cade and focusses on Mac’s brother in law, Jack and his relationship with Dax. It also has a swashbuckling treasure hunt and Brad and Mac are back!

Jack was a bit of an arse in the first book of the series, so I wasn’t sure if I was going to like a book about him, but Scotty Cade didn’t’ waste much time in getting me to empathise and like Jack. Mr Cade seems to like the “I thought I was straight but …” trope, which I usually find hard
Anita
We met Jack in book one Wings of Love (Love, #1) by Scotty Cade of this series. He's Mac's brother in law and he's an utter jerk and homophobe. But did he protest too much..... I had a lot of trouble with this book. I did not feel the connection between Jack and Dax and though we are told that they spent some time with each other, the feelings they have for each other developed too fast. Jack's movement to what one character calls, the dark side, did not seem realistic. I also did not like the romantic suspense feel of this book. Th ...more
Suze
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won in Pirate Day competition, Sept 12
This is a feel good read, second in a series so we do meet some of the other characters, but readable as a standalone. I did get this free from the publishers in a competition.
I enjoyed this read, not having read any of the authors books before. A suspension of reality is required - it all happens very fast, from tough straight sea captain to taking the lead with another guy, but it worked for me. Despite having baddies, there wasn't much angst - and the underwater scenes did recall Bond films
Faye Kennedy
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Wow.. Scotty Cade is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I loved reading this great story of Alexander but his friends call him Zander. When hes looking forward to the happiest time of his life of getting married its suddenly taken way from him. In the horror of the aftermath of being in a coma he wakes to be told his beloved and both his parents where killed.
The FBI appointed Agent Jake Elliott to his case of finding out what happened the night. This is a fantastic book which kept me read
Monika
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: no-longer-have
2.5 Stars

Just finished this book, which I was really anxious to read, and I have to say I'm disappointed. The first one was so good, this one was just flat. I felt no connection to Dax and Jack at all and I didn't think there was any chemistry between them. The only thing that saved this book from being a complete bust was having Mac and Brad in the story (love them).

I really liked the treasure hunt aspect and I saw potential in this story, but for me it just didn't work. I do have the others i
Shannon
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love abounds! What a great addition to the "of Love" series! This book is the second in the series, so I really enjoyed "running into" some of the characters from the first one. (Note: This is #2, but I think you'd be okay to read this one without reading the other one first).

I enjoyed the plot in this book, and I really enjoyed the characters. This was one I couldn't put down!

Definitely a must read for anyone who enjoys a really good M/M Romance!
Lidia
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book in this series that I did not cry . Nothing tears, no snow,no city.Beautiful the setting and striking the boat, Jack, his history with Dax exciting, intriguing and beautiful treasure hunt and beautiful see Brad and Mac . A complete history and full of emotions and balanced as always in equilibrium Scotty Cade
Christine
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I did not read the 1st book but had no trouble with anything in this book. I can honestly say I was very let down with this book. I normally enjoy this author but this story left me disappointed. Dax and Jack imo didn't click the way good mcs should. The story line had a lot of potential but no follow through.
Janie
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought Dax and Jack were hot together and I loved that Jack merged into his relationship with Dax so easily and let himself love without even thinking twice about it really. I also loved that Brad and Mac were back as I loved them in book 1 also. So far this series was well worth buying. On to book 3!
Devon
First, I really liked the concept and plot. The treasure hunting was great and mystery/drama was great. I even liked the MCs and the supporting characters. They were all great but the thing that kinda killed this story and me groaning was the insta mushy love thing. It was rather sudden and wasn't sexy, sweet, cute or endearing.
Fernanda Parente
Great book. I love Dax...
Mandi
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-mm
2 stars. Didn't really connect with any of the characters. Is this part of a series? I felt like I came in the middle of the story between Jack, Brad and Mac.
Carrie
I enjoyed the first book and was interested in this one for Jackson's story, but I got 25% in and it never really caught me.
Michi Rosa
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I love this book!
Dax and Jackson fight [a lot!] against the attraction they feel for each other, and so there are some very funny scenes between the two of them!
Kris
May 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 - 3 stars.

• Resonate (Something in Common, #3)
  • Cruising (Men in Motion, #2)
  • Leather Nights (Armadillo, #1)
  • Choices (The Looking Glass 1)
  • Nothing Ever Happens
  • Out of My Mind
  • Just For You
  • Reasonable Doubt (Boys in Blue, #2)
  • Doing Love Right (Beach Duo, #2)
  • Loving Edits (Basque, #1)
  • Lights and Sirens (EMS Heat, #3)
  • Bayou Dreams (Rougaroux Social Club #1)
  • Life Class
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Swap Meet
  • Caught by Surprise
  • In the Red
Scotty Cade left Corporate America and twenty-five years of Marketing and Public Relations behind to buy an Inn & Restaurant on the island of Martha’s Vineyard with his partner of over twenty years. He started writing stories as soon as he could read, but just five years ago for publication. When not at the Inn, you can find him on the bow of his boat writing gay romance novels with his Shetla ...more

Love (4 books)
  • Wings of Love (Love, #1)
  • Bounty of Love (Love, #3)
  • Foundation of Love (Love, #4)