Start by marking “Creative Landscapes: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques” as Want to Read:
Creative Landscapes: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques

Creative Landscapes: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Capture the beauty of the world around you with this professional advice Landscape photography inspires millions of photographers. If you're one of them, you'll find new insight into landscape photography in this book by professional photographer Harold Davis, as well as tips, tricks, and technical advice to help you improve the quality of your photos. You'll learn to use ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons (first published April 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Landscapes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Landscapes

Eoghann Irving
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: photography
Early on I was pretty dubious about this book. Not least because of the section titled The Tao of Landscape. Which came across a bit new-agey for my particular tastes. But as I read on I realized the value of the book.

While there are practical techniques covered here, that isn't really the heart of the book. It's the photos and the suggestions for different possible ways to approach landscape photography that make this book worth reading.

Davis takes a very broad view of landscape photography, wh
David
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it
This book has lots of great photos, and it's not limited to landscapes. The text isn't the best part of the book: it's half musings on landscape photography and half technical, and the technical stuff isn't particularly deep or insightful. But the hundreds of photos are the heart of this book. Each one is captioned with technical details and in most cases the short story about how the author envisioned and executed the shot. These are well worth perusing.
Katie
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
On a second, complete, read this is more of a here is a pretty picture I took with the settings I used than a how to book. As all suggestions are very vague.

8/19/12 An interesting read. Lots of good ideas; although nothing new and ground shattering. Beautiful photos that include the settings for that photo.
Kathleen Messmer
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was really helpful to me since I'm currently involved in a rather large landscape imaging project. I particularly liked the step-by-step instructions since I'm a Photoshop user and lately everything seems to be geared toward Lightroom. Read it. You won't be sorry.
Sharada Prasad CS
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I just loved this book for all the beauty and techniques behind photographs. a must read for photography enthusiasts
Ragmar Rodriguez
Nat Geo Nature Photography
Sep 05, 2017
Małgosia Łabuda
Feb 01, 2016
Harold Davis is widely recognized as a leading contemporary photographer and artist. He is also the author of more than 30 books, including Creating HDR Photos: The Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Photography from Amphoto/Random House and Photographing Flowers: Exploring Macro Worlds with Harold Davis which is published by Focal Press, and has been called "one of the most beautiful books ever ...more
More about Harold Davis...