Start by marking “Tangled Web (Tangled Web, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled Web (Tangled Web, #1)

Read Book

Tangled Web

(Tangled Web #1)

A Steamy Heavy Metal Novella
Katie Logan has had a secret crush on her best friend Johnny Church since high school, but he’s never looked at her the same way. So when Johnny—now a famous rock star—comes home to visit, Katie can’t bring herself to tell him she’s engaged to be married. She should have, though, because she soon discovers that maybe the attraction is mutual…

Published April 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Tangled Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled Web

Start your review of Tangled Web (Tangled Web, #1)
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Oh Jade, girl you are just choc full of rock n roll awesome! Brilliant novella of a best friend to lovers romance written in past and present tense. 4.5 Stars.

Review to follow...

BOOK REVIEW – Tangled Web (Tangled Web #1) – Jade C.Jamison – 4.5*

I’ve said it before and I will say it again; Jade C. Jamison is a rock star in her own right. She’s the Les in Paul, the Lita in Ford and the Achilles in my Heel. Damn, that woman knows how to pull off a rock star romance. Since reading Bullet, (which blew
JennieWren17
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
The description of 'steamy' is highly incorrect. I hate when all I can really say about a book is that it's O.K. This book is alright...it's got the depth of a story line but it's all mixed up. It goes from one chapter of them as kids and then next as 30 something adults and back to them as kids and so on and so forth. Eventually, it just starts to irk you and it seems to slow the story down. I bought it off of amazon, but if I'd known then what I know now, I probably would have gone with ...more
Doris
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Katie and Johnny had been best friends since grade school but as they grew up and adolescence hit things began to change in their friendship that neither of them would admit to. They didn’t want to ruin that special friendship bond that they had for so long. Johnny’s main focus in high school was forming a rock band and trying to make it big and Katie was there supporting him the whole time. Little did she know that by supporting Johnny’s dream she would have to put up with that old adage of ...more
Deanna
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I though this was a cute "romantic" story!

I noticed a lot of people gave it a bad review....seriously? It was FREE (or 99 cents if you missed the deal) you unappreciative pricks! Really, tell me where else you're gonna find a new book for 99 freakin' cents???? An ADULT book not a children's book....I'm waiting........go ahead........take your time.........can't think of one can you? Exactly!!!! If you're THAT unhappy then take your 99 cents and go to Goodwill!!!! Or spend MORE money and get a
Coco.V
Feb 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (2/4/2020)! ...more
Sue
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW...ok...first of all I think I did things a little backwards (but hey, no apologies, I do it all the time)...I read BULLET, ROCK BOTTOM and FEVERISH first and then went back and bought Jamison's first 2 rock books Tangled Web and Everything But. It was like going from tequila shots to lemon lime punch...LOL...but it was still oh so satisfying!
First of all I really love a good hard rocker romance (give me a dirty biker book or a rock band saga and I am a happy woman) and while this earlier
Samantha
Oct 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Ok I loved the nikki Sosbee books, So i gave this one a try.. Its a good book a lil different from what i read, but why i gave it 3 stars it because i found myself getting lost. she wrote it in present and past tense, and I would be reading a chapter and i would be thinking it was present time, then to find out its past, i was hard to keep up, i mean it was to much back and forth, But is a cute read.
Trish
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
There were some very steamy scenes in Tangled Web, but things just did not flow. There were flashbacks that I felt detracted from the modern tale. There were also some time gaps where I felt as though a big chunk of time passed. The actions of the main character also seemed unrealistic in places, especially for her age. It was okay. Towards the middle and the end were good enough.
Tracie Redmond
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, i fell in love with Johnny Church. So happy that there was so much more between them. Loved when he asked her to answer this question honestly did you miss me?? Now that just made me smile
Emma
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rock-gods
A sweet and romantic book with a few dramas over years before a happy ending. I like the mix of present and past tense and found the connection between the characters really cute.

Gillian
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I downloaded this book based on the description, but then read some of the below critiques. From those I was apprehensive about reading it.

I ended up really enjoying it. It was a good romance.
Meredith
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Cute story. Got a little confusing when it would go back and forth between childhood and present time. But I caught up! Liked it especially for the price.
Brittany
This was a gift that had been on my kindle for a while and finally decided to finish it. This is a story about childhood friends that come together as adults and have to learn how to love each other. I did enjoy the story but it kept jumping from past to present with no warning it made it hard to follow at times.
Clare
This was pitched as steamy romance. It wasn't. It was a second chance romance if anything and not a great one. There was cheating in this story, which I'm not the biggest fan of and the female main character just had the shittiest personality ever.
Kaye Booth
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The story is good, the erotic scenes tastefully written, and I quite enjoyed this read. Tangled Web has the potential to be a really good romance, but it left me wanting more.

Read my full review on my blog:
Cindy Wiste
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book.

Quick read. I enjoy rockstar romances. I liked that they grew up together as friends and Johnny never lost touch with his roots.
Valeria
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
So ugh. Not gonna finish the series. Too clichéd
Z. Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Katie leads a boring life. There’s nothing more she wants than to come home from work and curl up in bed with a book, in the company of Sam, her cat – not her fiancé Grant. She likes being alone, mainly due to how she now views her life as she works in the Child Protective Services, which can be pretty full on at the worst of times.

One night, when all she wants to do is read, a knock at the door disrupts her night and her childhood best friend and famous rockstar Johnny Church, or J.C Gibson as
Jay In My Room Reading
I have read Jade C. Jamison's Bullet series, and I loved them, especially FULLY AUTOMATIC. When I was given the opportunity to read and review this series, I jumped at the chance because I was curious at how Jade's writing was earlier down the road (Tangled Web is one of her earliest books).

I can definitely see the writing that I loved in the Bullet Series here in TANGLED WEB. The entire book is easy to read, the dialogues and the scenes flow smoothly, there's humor but also conflict for both
Evie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it

I won this in a contest and was able to read it in under a day.

When 34 yr old social worker Katie's best friend and rock star Johnny aka J.C. Gibson comes home for a visit, Katie's safe and stable life gets turned around on her own accord. There are a couple of comments that make Katie feel old, but they more serve as a reminder to how "comfortable" her life has become and not like she wanted it.

Never having had the guts to tell her long time friend how she felt, and watching him screw
Mary Lou Hoffman
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18+
Category /Genre: Romance
Received from: Jade C. Jamison in exchange for an honest review
Recommended for: 18 + due to adult situations and sexual content
Grammar/editing: A – near perfect

Katie Logan works for Child Protective Services and is engaged to her supervisor, Grant. Katie labels it an inevitable engagement after three years of dating. She knows that the reason she is thirty-four and never been engaged before is because she has always compared every man to her best friend from childhood,
Amy
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Katie and Johnny have known each other and have been best friends since grade school. She has loved/crushed on him since high school. Johnny started his road to rock stardom in high school as well. Katie kept quiet about her crush as she watched him go from girl to girl, breaking her heart a little more each time. They’ve both grown and had separate lives but have remained best friends over the years and she’s seen him off and on when he stops by to visit when they have a break in touring. Katie ...more
Alysha
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jade C. Jamison never ceases to amaze me, all of her books are absolutely amazing! We all know Jade is known for her Rocker stories but each one is always different and she just draws you. Reading the Tangled Wed Series I couldn't put any of these books down. I was completely captivated by each and every one of these characters and their story. The best part was reading how it all fell together.

Tangled Web (Book 1) is about Johnny and Katie. Johnny was part of a band Spawn who started in high
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
check out this book and other reviews at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.TSU.com/Twinsietalk
@Twinsietalk

I received a copy from the author for an honest opinion.

I am a Jade Fan. I love her crazy amounts and love all of her books. I have slowly been making my way through all of her old stuff and decided to jump into the this series now.

This book is a sweet but stressfull love story between Katie and Johnny. They have been best friends since 5th grade. Katie knows that her
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

I loved Jade’s rocker series Bullet and Then Kiss Me so it was a no-brainer to follow it up with Tangled Web. This was a quick read and held my attention. I like how it went back and forth from present to past. It is a nice change getting small glimpse of the past from time to time instead of reading it from start to finish. I like the little surprises that you get with each trip back to the past.

Katie has a job, home, and is engaged.
Abby P.Cook
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Katie Logan has secretly been in love with Johnny Church (aka J.C. Gibson) since high school. She has sat back through the years and loved him from afar, to scared to be rejected and loose him for good. She settles on having him in her life as her best friend then not at all.

Through the years they remain friends but only see each other once in a while. After a night of hanging out and catching up for ole time sake Katie makes a decision that could change there friendship forever.

I have to say I
Angela
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
"So I came home to the one person I knew I could trust, someone who loved me for who I am. You, Katie. I felt safe with."

I've always believed friends make the best lovers, because they know you... the real you and they love all of you. I honestly really enjoyed this one. It didn't have my heart aching or tears flowing, but I still found I was unable to put it down. I genuinely liked Katie's character so it was easy to find myself routing for her to pull herself out of the safe life (or rut)
Sweets Books
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a bit slow in some places, but it was also intriguing enough to keep my interest! Both of the MC's kept their true feelings hidden from each other. But in all honesty I just didn't feel a connection between them to be honest. Maybe its because I didn't really get to know who Johnny was now. But I do believe if I had got some pieces here and there from his POV, I probally would of been able to get a better vibe from him. Overall its a good story and believable characters.

Katie ~ I don't
Rhonda Campbell
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A rocking romance

A rocking romance with realistic and interesting characters and storyline. There is a perfect balance in this story that makes it so easy to fall right in and become part of it. Would have loved to get inside Johnny's head a couple of times. Katie is such a normal person going through life the way a normal person would. Look forward to reading more especially Heather's story!
Kyla
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First off, I am not really into the rocker stories, and this was not one of my favorite stories, BUT this was a great book. The characters were real people with real problems that REALLY happen. I read someone with a review about how they didn't like it below because the relationship was so hard and so "bad" between the two characters, but real love takes work, and real people have problems. Real love isn't always "i love you"'s and romantic gestures. This book really let you see that, and it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Have My Baby (Crescent Cove, #1)
  • Finding Her Rhythm (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Back-Up (Back-Up, #1)
  • Ace (High Rollers MC #1)
  • Clutch (Redline, #5)
  • PLEASE BE MY FAIRYTALE: A Dark Romance
  • The Velvet Rooms: A Dark Billionaire Prequel
  • Renegade (Broken Hounds MC, #1)
  • Broken Strings (Chords of Chaos, #1)
  • Innocent in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries, #1)
  • Her Kensington (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Manhattan (The Cocktail Girls)
  • Ruined Plans (Ruined #1)
  • Brake (Redline, #3)
  • Exhaust (Redline, #4)
  • Ruined by Lies (Ruined #2)
  • Ruined Promises (Ruined #3)
  • Torque
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” While you’re more likely to see Jade headbanging instead of Dirty Dancing, she—like Baby—won’t be put in a corner…or a box. So even though you can’t really stick her books in one genre, you could say she mostly writes steamy Contemporary Romance—and, while you’re at it, you’ll notice in her stories that Jade freaking loves Colorado, hard music, coffee, bad words, ...more

Tangled Web (4 books)
  • Everything But (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Seal All Exits (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Untitled (Tangled Web, #4)
“So I came home to the one person I knew I could trust, someone who loved me for who I am. You, Katie. I felt safe with.” 2 likes