Start by marking “Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams #2)

Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,357 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
View our feature on Nina Bangs's Wicked Pleasure.

Second in the sizzling supernatural trilogy from the USA Today bestselling author.

In an adult theme park, the Castle of Dark Dreams is home to three powerful brothers-each with a special gift for the woman bold enough to live out her secret fantasies.
Published February 6th 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Pleasure

The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInsatiable by Lauren Dane
Hottest Guy on a Cover
1,490 books — 1,779 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Hot Paranormal Romance
1,418 books — 1,863 voters

More lists with this book...

Krista Bunny
Aug 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
I had to stop 65% through this book because it just drove me nuts. Here was this big build up -he's so hot and has been pleasing women for 500 years, she's hot for him- and it was nothing... Call me wrong for judging a book by it's first sex scene, but it was so lacking I couldn't stay interested anymore.
The world was really flimsily constructed, but I stuck through. The heroine was lackluster (she just wants an ORDINARY LIFE - gimme a break and grow a backbone) and her family so far-fetched (h
Patti
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Brynn McNair is cursed whenever he is around a woman for more than an hour she owns his body for the night. Kim Vaughn just wants to find an ordinary man with ordinary problems and live an ordinary life. So naturally cosmic trouble maker Sparkle Stardust steps in to give them both what they need. But not necessarily what they asked for.

Nina Bangs delivers another story of love and fun with a little chaos thrown in for good measure. I definitely enjoyed it.
Barbara
Mar 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
During the first 50 pages or so I had very high hopes for "Wicked Pleasure", for indeed it did start out wickedly good...but it fizzled really quick, and in record time everything seemed crazy repetitive. I tried real hard to stay into it, but in the end my imagination and interest gave up completely.
Amanda
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Just didn't dig this series. Read it because a friend of mine did/does. It was super corny. Plants that thrive off of others having sex, etc. I know I read paranormal craziness, but this was too much for me.
Sarita
Apr 23, 2009 rated it did not like it
Oh man....I could not get into this one.

I'm usually all about paranormal, but this one gave me a headache. (I think it may have been due to the incredibly itsy-bitsy tpye)

I tried to read it two different times, and I've decided to give up.
Angel Rodriguez
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i loved this book it was very sexy and i want to steal the main male character to be mine husband lol.
Coreen
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hot!! An adult theme park filled with vampires, need i say more?
Kelex
Feb 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Definitely a step up from other mind-candy romance novels, this adds in a few refreshing twists.

The supernatural element is mostly welcome, but there is also a definite change in the overall language to the books as well, far less purple than other novels in the genre. While there's not a quivering member or a honeyed anything to be found, it makes the reader feel a lot more at ease reading the book because the actual details don't make you cringe or feel like you're wading through metaphors.

T
Sharon
A host of fun characters in this book. Kept me smiling to the last page.

Second in a series, but my 1st book by Nina Bangs. (Like that name she gave herself :D

The h is summoned to an interview at the Castle of Dark Dreams, takes place in Texas. She is a Vaughn, the notorious Demon Slaying family, but she really wants to be an architect. She can't spot a demon so she carries her side kick, a sentient cell phone type demon destroyer, who can't differentiate a demon either. To her (Flo, the demon de
Carolyn F.
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I'd give this book a 3.5. It was sometimes really good. What I find surprising about Bangs' books is that you would think with all of her titles there's sex from the get-go and all throughout the books, but I was halfway done with the book before the romance started and there really wasn't that many scenes in the rest of the book. Not that I'm complaining, just an observation. The story itself was okay. I didn't really believe the romance between Kim and Brynn. It seemed like an initial attracti ...more
Taylor
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Women with a sense of humour
This book was entertainng, I loved how Fo and Gabriel were sentient beings. And how sympathetic and caring Kim is, similar to Donna, but not as kick ass and more cool and collected. The humour in parts of this book were unforutnately lost on me, but I enjoyed reading it anyway, especially with all the superhero references. Also, Ganymedes' addition to the group is interesting... I can't help but picture him as a fat cat, with cheeks like the cat from the kitty litter commercial. People should re ...more
Alexis
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I did not read the first book in this series, but I was still able to understand the story. I love the idea of a Castle fantasy like themepark for Adults, it is def different. Overall it was a good read for me. A supposen demon falls in love with a supposen demon hunter, I loved it! I thought the ending could have been a little better though, I felt like the final fight was hyped up to nothing special. I would read the next book just to read about the next character's story.
P.S. FAVORITE WORD -
July
Nov 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
Brynn McNair has been a Demon with a compuslion to fulfill a women's sexual pleasure after being in her prescence of an hour because of a ancient curse. He hates his this so much that he feels destate and remorse afterwards. When he meets Kim Vaughn an architect who comes to the the Castle of the Dark Dreams at the request of the owner to upgrade the castle, he actually feels something for a woman for the first time. But, Kim is a Demon Hunter. There is alot of players in this book that make for ...more
Amy
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Okay, I REALLY liked the concept of this book. Frankly, it was pretty refreshing to read about a guy who can't say no and a girl who refuses to say yes. I did kinda have my suspicions about who the baddie bad was and I did have that nailed, but it didn't distract from the book at all. Didn't realize this was a 2nd in a series, but now, I want the rest.

On a side note, for all of you Dresden fans...Did you watch the TV series? I seriously had the Bob from the TV series pictured as Holgarth.
Angie
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd in the series (the first is wicked nights)and it continues to entertain. This one involves a demon of sensual desire who if after 1 hour must offer himself to the woman he is with. If they deny him then the curse stops until the next time. Brynn has lived this way for hundreds of years and doesn't believe he will ever be rid of the curse... Again this series is fun and sexy and I can't wait until the next book-which I already have :)
Mrs. Badass
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it
The book was ok. It felt a bit lackluster and forced. What I like about Nina Bangs and her Castle men is the simplicity of the world. It's not hard to understand. It's not complicated and the plot is fairly easy to follow.

All that being said, the book got a bit boring the last hundred pages or so and I thought the end was anticlimactic. I was like... that's it? That's how the big bad get's dead? erm... could have been better
Natalie
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nina Bangs once again does a great job of mixing humor (ironic and slapstick) into an action-filled paranormal romance, heavy on the romance. As expected, there are several hot sex scenes. The well-developed side romances going on are carried on throughout the series - some never get their own book but you see it progress. Certainly a fun and fairly quick read. LOVE the Galveston setting!
Melissa
I am love, love, loving this series. It is not just a vampire series. It has other immortals involved. It has an immortal warrior, and a NOT evil demon. This story was about the demon and I loved how it turned out. These books are keeping me going. I have grown attached to these characters. I do recommend this to anyone!
Imjstgr8
I would give this book 3.5 stars. Its not as bad as a 3 but not as good as a 4. But I definitely enjoyed it. It had lots of funny lines and a pretty good plot even if it wasn't as hot as the cover and title portrays. But I still enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next one.
Netanella
Jun 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
What a struggle to get through this book...no tension, no passion, just straight line boring. The most exciting moment was trying to figure out what type of candy the characters would buy in the candy shop. Bah!
Cindy
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough of this series!
What a little cosmic trouble making? Well when your dealing with another person life, it can add up to all kinds of problems. Take Brynn the demon who just wants to be wanted for who he is and nothing more. Second in the series Castle of Dark Dreams.
Christy
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
This one is about the love slave and his struggle finding love. Another supporting character is introduced in this one. It took me a little bit to get into this book that is why I didn't give it a 5 star but It was pretty good and definately funny. I can't read the 3rd book.
Kimberley
Apr 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Super Cool., A TOTAL must read
Mical
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Cute. Keeps a smile on your face. Great series!
Cindyg
Nov 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good read. Although I did not get in to as much as I have the others. Don't really know why, it was fast paced, I loved the characters and it was satisfying. I like the series.
Rosanne
Apr 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Finally!!! A book that makes me laugh.
Tina
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fsf
Loved it!!! Can't wait to start the next one!
Kitten Blue
Aug 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Brynn and Kim are pretty damn boring compared to Donna and Eric the Evil. Meh.
Katja
Nov 30, 2014 rated it liked it
The plot line of this story was in some ways predictable, but the humor factor definitely brought it above the average. Really 3.5 stars. I recommend this book.
Joanne
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
The Castle of Dark Dreams is a great series!
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • The Forever Kiss
  • A Girl's Guide to Guns and Monsters
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Betrayed (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Syndelle's Possession (The Angelini, #2)
  • Broken Heart Tails (Broken Heart, #10)
  • Passionate Thirst (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #1)
  • Men at Work
  • The Morgue the Merrier
  • Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)
Talk about misspent youth. What did I do during those lazy summer days of childhood when I could’ve been honing my writing skills? Nothing. Okay, so I spent a lot of time dreaming I was a cowgirl with a trusty black stallion. Oh, and I read every Walter Farley horse novel. I was an only child so I relied on my imagination to supply the excitement in my life.

By high school, I’d decided to trade in
More about Nina Bangs...

Castle of Dark Dreams (8 books)
  • Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams #1)
  • Wicked Fantasy (Castle of Dark Dreams #3)
  • My Wicked Vampire (Castle of Dark Dreams #4)
  • Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams, #5)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Wicked Memories (Castle of Dark Dreams, #7)
  • Forever Wicked