Start by marking “The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)

The Viper's Nest (The 39 Clues #7)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  38,802 Ratings  ·  582 Reviews
A África do Sul é o novo destino de Amy, Dan e Nellie. Mais experientes na corrida, eles não demoram a descobrir um estranho envolvimento entre o guerreiro tribal Shaka Zulu e a família Cahill. Os inimigos estão se revesando para emboscá-los, em perseguições de tirar o fôlego. Mas cada vez mais os irmãos recebem ajuda inesperada para saírem das enrascadas — inclusive da fa ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Scholastic (first published 2010)

Lady Flo
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say about the book it was the easiest one about the events, about Amy and Dan's itinerary and finding clue until now. But realization was worse. How they could be a Madrigal, when they two hated them so much.
Jeremiah
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done-3
Entry 1-

Amy and Dan Cahill are the protagonists and they are all on their own in the hunt for the 39 Clues started by their grandmother, Grace Cahill. They must depend on their own instincts to beat their wealthy cousins to the final product, the serum including all of the 39 Clues, which makes whoever drinks it the most powerful person in the world. The antagonists are the other Cahill members taking part in the hunt for the 39 Clues.

Entry 2-

The setting is all over the world as the clue hunt l
Mugdha  Keskar
The most dangerous secret in Amy and Dan's past is unveiled in Book 7 of the #1 New York Times bestselling series. The hunt for 39 hidden Clues that lead to an unimaginable power have taken a heavy toll on fourteen-year-old Amy Cahill and her younger brother, Dan. They've just seen a woman die. They're wanted by the Indonesian police. They're trapped on an island with a man who knows too much about the death of their parents. And a tropical storm is rolling in. Just when they think it can't get ...more
Mike
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed-series
Audio version with The Youngest on a car trip; filled the time vey nicely. A few pretty deep themes for a 4th-grader; if your kids are hooked on the 39 Clues series, be aware of what they are reading.

And really, (view spoiler)
Anastasia Antonova
Ну ничего себе, вот это поворот. Впрочем, я об этом догадывалась, но ведь фамилия-то почему такая?
Эта часть менее насыщенная событиями в отличии от остальных, но конец порадовал.

Итог: 7 из 10
Devanshi Gupta
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventures
Why was Dan so pushed in the spotlight? I kinda wished everyone contributed equally in the novel.
Jeevan Nigam
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was mainly that sometimes the reward is worth the risk. In this book and series the reward is nothing short of the chance of world domination, the reward making you the most powerful person in the world. In this book they are in South Africa, tracing down a connection between Winston Churchill and Shaka Zulu, all the while avoiding peril from their adventures and relatives. They go through many dangers and as usual dodge death many times. But they still stay in the hunt, showing time a ...more
Fish
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
blah blah blah fkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkdbfbdjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjwrrrrrrrrrrthrjthjkrthkjw twehtjkqrhtjkdthukryhtjkerhkwejhwkjhtjrhtkrhjhjfvhuithkjuhfyfhfkhfhffhjh fjfhyfuwhy uytuweytwtwehtjfhjdfhjdhsdhjkvchkjyjfhdfjhfuksydfuehrfyukytidygjhvnjkdzshfjksdhfjhcfusdhcfn hgfbhfjc hfhfhfhdhjjdyerydhhyuuddnhdhfhyhyufjdendhfjffmhgjkghlkfgklfgldfghlghlfghfhfgfgieroyuterutergerghy8r758jdfgjuifdjgdfjgldfhjlgkjhlkdjklhgjklgjklgfhjdgkljhlfkjkldfjklfdjkjlcvkdfbgjkdfgmnfbg,dhslsjjfkdfhsdkfhsjkhdgkdhdjhgjfh ...more
Renee Crooks
I thought that this book was really exciting, because there was so many problems Amy and Dan had to face. But most of all, after reading the end, it made me want to continue the series even more now.
Mia Claire
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
******MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD******

Oh my gosh. Here is yet another awesome 39 Clues book. I wonder how do the 39 Clues writers come up with those mind-boggling puzzles and codes topped with historical background and everything. And speaking of puzzles, codes, and history, in this particular book, readers are brought into another action-filled adventure to South Africa (Pretoria---because of the song March to Pretoria which was a clue from Irina Spasky---and I even checked out the youtube video of
Sarah705
Cathy Field
The Viper’s Nest is book number seven in a mystery series, which incorporates game cards and an Internet site that continues the adventure. This would be a great book for Haidyn to read independently. The characters are a part of an ancient family that is broken apart into its branches and is searching for a great source of power. These family branches are all racing to get this power and to keep the other members from getting it first. They must find 39 clues, which lead them to the power. I ch ...more
J.c. Drost
So a lot of stuff happened in this book, big stuff for Dan and Amy. But that's not what affected my perception of this book. I couldn't get past how annoying and whiny Amy was. In a way, it's very understandable because of what happens to them in this book. They are forced to go through a lot of things that young children should not have to deal with. All the same, I can't help but feel that perhaps it was the way Peter Lerangis wrote the book that made Amy seem so annoying.

The book was a little
Evan Gratteaux
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm actually reading this whole series to introduce 3 and 4th grade students to a series that discusses history and science topics that aren't covered in the classroom, and encourage them to use library resources to look for more "clues." I wrote a review of the first book and did not intend to write reviews for the rest of the series (there are 11 books total), but Lerangis' writing was actually a step above what I had come to expect. There were a number of moments where the characterization wa ...more
Sara
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, 2010
In this 39 Clues installment, Amy and Dan are reeling from their experiences in Indonesia and ready to go wherever their clue takes them. Unfortunately, they don't have a lead... but fortunately, something turns up (as it always does) to help them along and take them to Africa. Lots of history lessons are given and family backgrounds are explored, including the big revelation of which Cahill branch Dan and Amy belong to!

Some of the dialogue - especially at the beginning of the book - felt forced
Nicky H
Vipers Nest is a adventure with a group of kids and elders, the two main characters are Dan and amy. Dan, Amy, and the group go on an adventure to find clues that church hill left behind from his travels. While traveling, they go to south Africa and there they find one of church hills clues, and in the next books they find more and it goes on from there. I would recommend this book to anyone who has read the 39 clues series and liked it or people who like mysteries.
Cathy
Terrific, one of the best in the series. Lots of history without lecturing. Tons of action while preserving the emotional context. Witty without pandering. And lots of suspense, expanding on the mystery. Plus a heck of a cliffhanger! Thank goodness the books come out only 3 months apart. Very well done, much better than Lerangis' first book in this series.
Annie (Claire McCaslin) mccaslin
this book takes off the exact same day as the last book. this is kind of different because it is usualy a while before the next book starts. right now they are worried that a volcano is about to BLOW!!! Now I it is about a week later and I just finished the book. I just found out what branch they are in and i I was really supprised I did not even know that it was a branch!
Brandon O'Neill
An OK entry by the standards of the series. Didn't learn too much about South Africa or Shaka Zulu that I didn't know, but if it teaches some kids about apartheid, then it was good. It did make me want to watch the 80s miniseries of Shaka Zulu, which we now have in the library.

Charlene
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this installment. It was exciting and I felt immediately pulled into the story. The characters were true to themselves, and there were some great twists that left me wanting more! Can't wait to read the next one.
Molly
I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!!!!
And on the back it said Amy and Dan would find out what branch they're in, but it didn't really say. It kinda said it on the last page, but not really. And it's a little annoying how they keep changing authors. I wish they would stick with Rick Riordan...
Elizabeth
This one was slow moving except for the last chapter. Dun dun dunnn. *Cue dramatic music*
Rick
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series - though written for teens, is very well written and engaging... Once you start reading, it is very hard to put down... Written in the Cliffhanger style...
Ashley Chen
May 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book but definitely not the best in the series, but better than the other one he wrote. I enjoy learning what branch Dan and Amy is, which I'm not gonna say :p Overall it's was an ok book.
Anoushka  Ghosh
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I love Dan. He is definitely my soulmate.
Here are snippets as to why I love this book.
***
Dan was looking over their shoulders. "Um, Amy, they're not following us."
"That's because I took these." Amy held up a set of keys. "The front door was open and I reached in."
"Whoa, snnnap!" Dan said. His sister was all grinning and proud of herself. "You took your Cahill pills!"

***
"We have a few more minutes," Dan said. "He's going to ask for a rematch."
"How do you know?"
"It's a guy thing!"

Jenn
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-book, hardcover, signed
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

When Nellie shows up at the island where Irina sacrificed her life to save Dan and Amy, they escape in Irina’s boat knowing the police are searching for the boat Nellie came in on. One the boat they find Irina’s backpack with identification for every member of the clue hunt, including themselves. It leads them to think about a song which Nellie identifies. They quickly find themselves on the way to Pretoria, South Africa where through hints from a stra
Sophia Cambron
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vipers Nest is a adventure with a group of kids and elders, the two main characters are Dan and Amy. Dan, Amy, and the group go on an adventure to find clues that church hill left behind from his travels. While traveling, they go to south Africa and there they find one of church hills clues. I would recommend this book to anyone who has read the 39 clues series and liked it or people who like mysteries.
Anne
Addy S.
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really exciting. There is lots of danger in the series, and Amy and Dan are trying really hard to find all the clues before their enemies do.

The reason I put four stars is because of several inappropriate words that were mentioned in the book. 😕

Can’t wait to start on #8. 😄
Victor Vilchiz
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young
The story continues to be fun couple more to go...
Bookreads :): The Viper's Nest 1 1 Jan 10, 2016 03:08PM
Viper's Nest 1 22 Dec 21, 2009 09:15AM
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
Lerangis's work includes The Viper's Nest and The Sword Thief, two titles in the children's-book series The 39 Clues, the historical novel Smiler's Bones, the YA dark comedy-adventure novel wtf, the Drama Club series, the Spy X series, the Watchers series, the Abracadabra series, and the Antarctica two-book adventure, as well ghostwriting for series such as the Three Investigators, the Hardy Boys ...more
More about Peter Lerangis...

The 39 Clues (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Maze of Bones  (The 39 Clues, #1)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • The Sword Thief (The 39 Clues, #3)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • The Emperor's Code (The 39 Clues, #8)
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
“Let's scope the place out," he suggested, heading around the side of the building, "and be careful in the bushes."
"Why?" Amy asked.
"This is South Africa, dude," Dan replied. "Where cobras come from. And not the hot ones, like Ian.”
64 likes
“Amy Cahill didn't believe in omens. But black snow was falling, the earth was rumbling beneath her feet, her brother was meowing, and her uncle Alistair was prancing on the beach in pink pajamas.
She had to admit, the signs were not promising.”
38 likes