Start by marking “Me and Meow” as Want to Read:
Me and Meow

Me and Meow

2.88  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
This is a sweet story about a little girl and her cat.

They are the best of friends, and they do everything together—stump jumping, leaf leaping, slip sliding, and lunch munching. But what happens when Meow goes hide hiding?

Written in singsong text with childlike illustrations, this is the perfect book for children just learning how to read.
Published September 13th 2011 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Me and Meow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Meow

Joy
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, cats
Honestly, we bring home so many kitty books from the library- both kids are perpetually drawn to them and sometimes I see one I can't resist. What can I say, we love cats!

I liked the simplistic illustrations and while I appreciate the simple text and story, there wasn't anything to make this books stand out.

Might appeal to very young cat-lovers, especially girls.
Elle Markov
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
This story was supposed to be cute, a little girl and her cat, however, it failed to engage the children in the reading group.

The illustrations were alright and for that I'll say the book is okay.

Rating 2 out of 5
Read@Book
Mel Ann
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story of a kid and their pet.
Emily Purdy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young readers
Me and Meow is not only a fun book to read because of the cute characters but it is also a good book for young readers. The simple drawing make it sweet and almost like a Adam Gudeon got inside a child's head and drew the book from their prospective and what a day in like life of "Me" the little girl and "Meow" the cat.

This book finds under the category of realism because of the bond between kid and animal. There are a ton of horizontal and vertical line that make it easy to follow on the faded
E
Sweet, gentle, simple, and whimsical. Bright colors, child-like illustrations, and extremely spare verbiage tell us the story of a girl and her cat, Meow, going through their day. They eat, play, and imagine. This was one of six books I read to my Head Start group this morning, and one of only two that actually engaged them (they are an extremely rambunctious group with the collective attention span of a flea). They repeated some of the lines after me, like a refrain.

I just adore the simplicity
Samantha
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
A little girl takes readers through her day spent with her cat. The text is simple and repetitive which makes it a great book for very beginning readers to gain their independence. The artwork is childlike (think Maisy books), which causes me to rate it a little lower.
Kelsey
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A little girl and her cat experience a variety of daily routines with each other. The book features simple colorful cartoon illustrations, a variety of common daily activities and simple prose for each activity. The book would be appropriate for encouraging print motivation.
Missy Kirtley
Not a big fan. The only thing I can see this book being good for is sight word recognition. It repeats all the same words over and over again, and the illustrations look very, very childish. It wasn't my favorite out of the ones we borrowed from the library, and it's going back tomorrow.
Edward Sullivan
Oct 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute story and simple text for beginning readers.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
I wasn't a fan of this book.