Start by marking “White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century

White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Ten years in the making, this book is the sequel to Jared Taylor's seminal Paved With Good Intentions. In White Identity, Taylor systematically marshals the data to show that:

People of all races pay lip service to the ideal of integration but generally prefer to remain apart.

Study after scientific study suggests that racial identity is an inherent part of human nature.

Dive
Published May 19th 2011 by New Century Books

To ask other readers questions about White Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Identity

Brett Stevens
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cogent analysis of racial identity as important to African-American, Hispanic, Asian and Caucasian people. Taylor shows us how racial identity is inherent to each group and brings positive benefits. he then analyzes the disconnect among whites regarding their own racial identity, and points out how diversity obliterates identity and changes society by changing the people who make it what it is. Non-racist, but realistic, and a triumph of research and witty writing.
Mike
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Exposes "diversity is our greatest strength" as perhaps the biggest lie ever sold to the American people. Borders on the scholarly and is heavily sourced.
Kevin Michael
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
good entry level stuff.
Patrick
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Impossible to refute, hopefully it will be read by many Americans! People who rate it poorly probably did not read it or else, I'd like to know what they disagree with!
Billy Roper
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jared Taylor's writing is entry level racialism, based on other people's research. To his credit, he adequately explains disparate inherited IQ levels and the different demographic groups' demonstrated historical ability to create and maintain civilization. However, his childhood spent as a child of missionaries in the Orient turned him into a lifelong Mongolophile, and his earnest if misplaced fear of losing the financial backing of certain other people have kept him Philosemitic.
Doug
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If one is truly American, there should be some concern for America's future present within the mind and soul. Human beings are fauna and must fight tooth and nail for existence. No matter how much modernity wishes to pout and stamp its feet, race is real. It is not a construct, but rather a very important thing which has always been relevant and is a legitimate, perhaps unavoidable, part of the decision-making process. Even if it is has been some figment of our collective imagination, it is a fa ...more
Jack
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book challenges the politically correct notion that different races want to be integrated and that our society is better off if we mix with other races. Great book; lots of facts. Helped me realize that it is okay for a white person like me to talk about race issues that affect me and that it is okay for me to love my race.
Петър Стойков
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Въпросите около отношенията между различните раси са голяма тема в момента по целия свят, но особено в САЩ, дето тия раси първо живеят в безпрецедентно многообразие и второ имат доста интересна и донякъде срамна история на взаимоотношенията помежду си.

С настоящата си книга, Джаред Тейлър се опитва да хвърли светлина върху някои теми, свързани с расовите отношения, но най-вече да покаже различните перспективи, през които всяка от основните раси в САЩ (негри, латиноамериканци, азиатци и бели) вижд
Lorin
Nov 05, 2017 added it
I read this book for the reading category "Book by an Author you Disagree With Politically."
I have been hesitant to post this book, being concerned with the impression it might make if someone saw me reading it. I chose it out of curiosity and concern.
The basic premises of the book are 1) that diversity isn't a strength, 2) that white people are the only group of Americans who believe that diversity is a strength, and 3) that white people are the only group of Americans who don't focus on themse
Chrysostom
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tl;dr actually about the evils of the cult of diversity, the suicide of multiculturalism, and minority identitarianism.

Six pages in the back out of 500 discuss what it might look like if European-Americans had a similar sense of ethnic loyalty compared to other groups, instead of guilt and self-dispossesion.

Still ****1/2
Павел
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Изначально (до прочтения) относился к книге скептически. Решил прочитать, чтобы лучше понимать "врага".
Оказалось, что книга хороша, хоть и область исследований достаточно узкая (США). Но автор рассуждает в большей степени о том, что есть такого у небелых рас, чего нет у белой, и почему стоит это перенять. Собственно, авторских высказываний о том, что какая-то раса хуже или лучше, здесь не встретишь (только примеры из истории), скорее рассуждения о том, что от расы как от отличительной особенност
treus
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: politics, race
This is a bunch of facts about the actuality of racial and ethnic tensions in America, and no more. They are presented frankly, and the book is valuable for that reason, but a more impressive work is Wilmot Robertson's The Dispossessed Majority, which has a broader perspective and is better written.
Marcus
Marcus Dixon
Sep 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • We Are Doomed: Reclaiming Conservative Pessimism
  • The Death of the West: How Dying Populations and Immigrant Invasions Imperil Our Country and Civilization
  • The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements
  • The Doctrine of Fascism
  • The Meaning of Conservatism
  • Expect Resistance: A Field Manual
  • Man and Technics: A Contribution to a Philosophy of Life
  • Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America
  • The Nomos of the Earth: In the International Law of the Jus Publicum Europaeum
  • Multicultural Manners: Essential Rules of Etiquette for the 21st Century
  • They Dare to Speak Out: People and Institutions Confront Israel's Lobby
  • March of the Titans: A History of the White Race
  • For My Legionaries (The Iron Guard)
Jared Taylor was born in Japan, where he lived until he was 16 years old. He has a bachelor's degree in philosophy from Yale University and a master's degree in international economics from l'Institut d' Etudes Politiques de Paris.

He has worked as an international lending office for a major New York bank and as a consultant to companies doing business in Japan. For three yeas he was the West Coast
More about Jared Taylor...