Start by marking “The Belly Book” as Want to Read:
The Belly Book

The Belly Book

Bellies come in all shapes and sizes: baby bellies, grown-up bellies, animal bellies. Some bellies are soft. Some bellies are firm. Round or flat, all bellies deserve a happy pat.
Published November 8th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about The Belly Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Belly Book

Jennifer Heise
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The text of this sequel to The Tushy Book is good, and funny, but not as inherently hilarious as its predecessor. The illustrations are also not as figurative and storylike... still, an amusing rhyming text about another interesting body part.
Melissa
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cute rhyme, and it scans, and Dan Yaccarino is always a joy. But...?
Tamara Cassinat
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This left us with a smile on our faces. It had more to it than I thought from the title. I mean, it's all about belly's, and your belly, but I guess I had expected it to be much more simple than it was.
Angel
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-colton
Cute book with fun illustrations. The book showcased a ethnically diverse range of bellies which I applaud! Target age range would probably be older toddlers/preschoolers.
Jen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really good but still too gendered to be great.
Jo Oehrlein
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Nice diversity in bellies. Otherwise, it's a rhyming book about bellies.

Maria McLaughlin
Pair with the Belly Button Monster and Food books and flannel boards.
Amy Forrester
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This lively book is an ode to bellies everywhere. The rhyming text celebrates bellies big and small, hairy and smooth. From belly flops to belly dancing, this humorous book will be a hit with kids.

Manushkin’s short, but laugh out loud rhyming text is perfectly paired with Yaccarino’s simple, colorful style. Bellies are universal and it’s wonderful to see the cultural diversity of tummies. Although there are mostly human bellies, there are a few animal bellies (and an alien belly, too!). And wher
Mary
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A funny, unique book about a body part, that does not often get an entire picture book devoted to it. This book takes a look at all kinds of bellies, from smooth to hairy and pink to brown. It invites children to wiggle their tummies and give them a pat. Very cute. Pair with a dancing song to enrich storytime.
Clarissa
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charming and cute!
Matthew
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This was goofy. I enjoyed it.
Shelli
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a silly fun book that even the youngest of toddlers will enjoy. My day baby cracked up with this book and must have said "belly" 100 times that day and kept flashing me her gut. Hysterical!
Rachel
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loads of kid appeal. The shapes made in the illustrations are interesting and bold.
Lady Susan
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A fun rhyming story book with fun retro-style pictures. My 22 month old son loves this one. Who doesn't love bellies?
Samantha
Dec 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Love the art! An ode to bellies (think Seuss' Foot Book). Good rhythm. Great for storytime!
stillme
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
There were a few pages that seemed random, but I loved the illustrations. My four year old thought it was funny.
Marcie
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: preschool
This was OK and I liked the illustrations (and text) better than The tushy book.
Edward Sullivan
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A fun, lively celebration of bellies of all kinds.
Emelda
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Body positivity for kids? Yes! Bellies are cute!
Beth
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Maybe this is my middle school teacher perspective, but I thought the text and rhymes were a little too simple and schmaltzy for my taste.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
fun book about - bellies.
ReadingWench
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
THE BELLY BOOK is a cute and rhyming book that kids will love. This book would be great for any parent to read to their child when learning about body parts.
Susan