Start by marking “Loyalties (BBS, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loyalties (BBS, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Loyalties

(BBS #1)

Regina Capalini, abandoned by her parents at age three, and the victim of a heinous crime, has been tossed away by the only Pack she has ever known. She has one last chance to impress her new Alpha, Diego Beauchamp, or be left to fend for herself as a rogue wolf, a sentence that will surely end in death.

Fate intervenes, not once, but twice, and plunges Regina into a fast-p
Published December 28th 2010 by Blue Sun Studio, Inc (first published December 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Loyalties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loyalties

Deborah Dorchak
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
I LOVED it! But hey, I helped write it. Now I want to hear what you have to say.
Deborah Dorchak
Aug 09, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
It's my book, so I'm a little biased. But what kind of author would I be if I didn't have my own novel sitting on my book shelf? Go ahead, you read it and add your own review/rating. Thanks!
Liza Jane
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m a HUGE paranormal fan. I love reading stories that involve species of human beings that as far as I know don’t exist because for me reading is about escape. This book more than meet my expectations of the first of an amazing paranormal series.

Regina is a hard-ass and a realistic strong female lead. I LOVE HER! She’s led a hard life, first as a rogue wolf with no pack then as the play toy of jerk of an Alpha that had no issues passing the female wolves of his pack around to anyone after he ha
Erin
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was refreshing from the very beginning in its originality on its take of shifters, where they come from, and how they do or don’t fit together, with humans, and with other “creatures” in the world. It definitely was not cookie-cutter, with bitten, turned, so on, and so on. I don’t want to give too much away, but this book definitely had an intriguing look at how shifters come to be, how they find each other, and what it means to be a shifter. It was also a very different, slightly more ...more
Carrie Lahain
A wolf shifter with a chip on her shoulder moves from Chicago to Philadelphia to work under a new alpha and her life is forever changed.

Regina Capalini has had it rough her whole life. Her Chicago pack isn't paradise, but it's all she knows--until she's dismissed and sent to work for Diego, a gruff Creole alpha with a surprisingly soft heart. They don't get off to a great start thanks to Regina's bad attitude, but it's not like she has much choice. If this doesn't work out, she's on her own. And
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Regina turns up in Diego's care after her last pack wanted rid of her. She has a very large chip on her shoulder and as the story progresses, you find out exactly why. Regina is a prickly character to start with but, you know what, that absolutely suited her.

I will admit, I thought I'd started the wrong book when I read the prologue but it all ties together perfectly. The character and world building in this book are second to none. Everything slots into place but not without difficulties arisin
Underground Book Reviews
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loyalties is a captivating and explosive start to an intriguing shape-shifter series. This first book does a fantastic job of putting everything into place, leaving us thirsty for more. The plot involving shape-shifting humans is complex, but at no point does the writing leave us behind. It twists and turns at a galloping pace, and the characterisation is excellent. However, for readers who are not keen on extended and graphic sex scenes, this may not be the series for you!

Read the rest of the r
Lisa
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t yet read this book I suggest that it be the next on your list. If you like vampires, wolves, or shifters…This book is for you.

This book is full of action, adventure, love story, and the bond between a small group of friends who soon become Pack and bond themselves together in honor, loyalty and spirit. You will fall in love with the characters. You will cry for them, cheer them on and be on the edge of your chair at times. You may even hold your breath from time to time. All in al
Melanie Shurtz
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I met the authors at the KABAM Book Festival and bought all four books in the series. It is a good book. It is not what I expected, but not in a bad way. There was a little more romance in the book than I was expecting. I usually don't read romance books, but there was enough of a story that it was ok. I am looking forward to starting the next book. This one mostly set up the background of all the characters coming together. I think the next book will probably really get the story going.
Brae Wyckoff
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bonds of Blood and Spirit: Loyalties is a well crafted story that sucked me in from the first chapter to the end. This is a very healthy book with over 600 pages and took me a while to get through but well worth it. I look forward to diving into the next books in the series. I was impressed at how 2 authors could get together and write a book as one. It would be interesting to interview these authors and find out the secret behind this special union. Well done!
Eliza Fayle
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
When a movie plays out in my head while I am reading a book, it gets my two thumbs up. When I read the last word on the last page and I am disappointed that the book has ended, then two thumbs up. When I can't wait to follow the next adventures of the characters, another two thumbs up. That makes it six thumbs up for Loyalties!
Diana
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book - starts out like a romance novel but becomes so much more. The excitement builds and the end leaves you wanting the next book, which thankfully is now available. Bought it as a gift for my daughter last summer, she's getting the new one to read on spring break this year. I'm sure she'll get then next two for her birthday in July.
Rita Smith
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loyalties has it all, romance, good guys, bad guys, battles, shapshifters and vampires. The storyline kept me reading until the very end and I must admit to being disappointed when it ended. Thank goodness it is a series.

Tracy
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love Supernatural/Paranormal Novels.
This book is worth the read. I've read it many times and still can't get enough of it. There are many wonderful characters with such different personalities and backgrounds. They make the story really come to life.
John Hewitt
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Claws, Fangs, Fire and sex. What more could you ask for?
J. Slater
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bonds of Blood & Spirits: Loyalties wraps you up in an exciting story as the mythology and world of Shifters & Vamps unfolds. Warning: This novel will cause sleep deprivation.
Leslie Bird Nuccio
Jul 24, 2015
Tracy
Jan 19, 2013
Jai
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2015
Mar 06, 2017
Abelia
rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2019
If you could ask the authors a question, what would you ask? 2 4 Jan 31, 2013 10:21AM
Wendi Kelly lives in the suburbs of Chicago with her family and two dogs. She is an international business and writing coach, helping writers, entrepreneurs and artists who are ready to take the leap into clarity, happiness and success in business and life.

BBS (4 books)