Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2012” as Want to Read:
Guinness World Records 2012

Guinness World Records 2012 (Guinness World Records)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  714 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
It's an Olympic year, and to celebrate, the latest incarnation of the world's biggest selling annual unveils its most thrilling edition yet with a dynamic new "widescreen" design, thousands of new and classic records, never-before-seen photos and an exciting selection of new topics and features.

* Crisp, new design and color-coded sections to help organize and signpost the
Published September 13th 2011 by Guinness World Records (first published January 1st 2011)

Steven Peterson
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Well, here it is. The 2012 version of the Guinness Book of Records. Much of this is silly and baroque. Still, so much fun!

The very first record in this volume? The largest object lifted by helium balloons (in this case, a house). The last? The most layered bed-of nails sandwich (difficult to explain, but a little different!).

In between are myriad records, many of which are of little moment (such as most wins of the mashed potato wrestling championships). Others: Greatest distance pushing a mini
Muhammad
Sep 21, 2011 marked it as to-read
This is going to be a great world record book just like all the others!
Ethan Sweet-Mackin
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like Books but this book got me to reading Books again.
Julia
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 25-text-log
This book is a great book to know about the world. Want to learn more about animals, and engineering? We got it all on this book called Guinness World Records 2012 by Guinness World Records. It even tells us what is the most awesome stuff in each country. This book is mostly about the World records just as it says in the book. From Asia to North America learn about everything, and be smart! Every year there is one book all different from each other. This book is recommended for all ages since it ...more
The name's T, Jack T
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For Genre De Jour I read Guinness World Records 2012 which is an annual compilation by the Guinness World Record Organization. This book is an eye widening, head turning, thought provoking read. It captures the amazing feats of the daring individuals that perform them. This book is one of the better books I've read in a long time. From death defying cable walks at over 10,000 feet to the fastest time to eat a raw onion, which is (just in case you are wondering) 1 minute and 22 seconds, but what ...more
Brittany
Apr 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: reference
Guinness World Records. (2013) Guinness World Records 2012.

Brittany Ballard

Type of reference: Almanac

Brief Description: This almanac spans over the 2012 world records. This includes records that were broken and records that are still being help, crazy facts that you can't believe are true, and so much more!

Content/Scope: The content focuses on the things that happened in 2012 and is aimed at students grades 9-12. Not only does it focus on records, but their are also sections where students can
Brandt
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read the book Guinness World Records 2012 by: Guinness World records. It is a book describing the achievements of people and innovators even if the achievement is abnormal. My favorite section of the book was probably the auto and speed section because it focuses on smart people who did something to help the world. For example a person set a world record for the safest car by making the seatbelt more securely fastened and by adding a jolt in the car if you start to fall asleep. There is not r ...more
Wendy Arnhart
Guinness world records 2012. (2012). London: Guinness World Records Limited.

Citation by: Wendy Arnhart

Type of Reference: Almanac

Call Number: j 030 GUI

Content/Scope: This almanac is targeted to the general population, but children would certainly profit by and enjoy using this fascinating reference. There are records in eleven categories: the Universe, Earth, Variety of Life, Time Tales, the Human Body, Skills, Adventure, Society, Technology, Popular Culture, and Sports. Illustrations are too num
Jessica Cooper
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Title: Guinness. (2012). Guinness World Records 2012. St. Louis, MO: Turtleback Books.

Reviewer: Jessica L. Cooper

Type: Almanac/Yearbook

Brief Description: Guinness World Records 2012 describes a variety of interesting record breaking accomplishments and natural phenomena.

Cost: $39.95

Review Citation: Children’s Digest. (2006). [Review of Guinness World Records 2006]. Children’s Digest, 56(1), 18-19. *Review is from a previous year of the book, but is still mostly relevant.

Relevance and Relationsh
Thomas Rewi
Why I decided to read this book: I decided to read this book because my cousin got it for me for Christmas.

Which category on the bingo board this book completes: A book that teaches you about a culture other than your own, this was interesting because of all the places the records are from and certain rituals that certain cultures do.

My favorite quote from this book: "Most T-Shirts worn at once - It was made by Krunoslav Budiseli on May 22, 2010 for wearing 245 T-shirts at the same time." This
Jeanette Harlston
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. My daughter has collected these since 2007 and they are fun and full of quirky and amazing facts. I started buying her these books because she loves reading and is into bugs and anythingthat is strange and out of the ordinary. These are great books when you are sitting out in the park or go to barbeques. I find that when I bring them all of the children come over to my blanket and dive right into them and they are great conversation starters. Also the great thing is that i've ...more
Jack Pringle
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book for entertainment purposes and it fills in the "book written in 2011 or 2012" slot on the bingo board.

There are no settings or quotes in the "book" but rather many amazing achievements completed by some strange people all over the world. My favourite record though is, longest Pogo stick ride.

There are no main characters either although my favourite record breaker would have to be the man who ate 1 thousand big macs.

Something i learned from this book would be to give a
Phi Nguyen
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Guinness World Records 2012 is one of the book that I enjoying reading most. The book presents amazing, wild, and weird record breakers ever. It has all kinds of records that you have never thought of. The book features lots and lots and lots of images of record breakers breaking records!

Guinness World Records 2012 also contain images that are actual size or certain objects or animals. This gives us a better visual of how big or small something is instead of reading numbers.

In this book, you can
Austin
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this book it tells a lot about someone that does somethig weird or do something cool. In the other book of Guinness World Record i saw someone playing Speed Stack and i didnt know what is it? So when i came to Taiwain my cousin gave me it. Then i got interesed in. This book even tells about the people that are good athletes too.I even learned the longest word in the world!If you like sports and like to see amazing stuffs i recomend you to read it.
Jack glatz
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now for this book it is great for engineering and culture but if you are a gamer you will find that there's pretty boring records about video games and there's hardly any of them but I suppose that if you don't like them thats good so now my review the book is pretty good itself but the nature and those sorts of categories they have lacked only a bit well I meen alot so this book is a 7/10 P.S I bought this book because I like the recent books.
Ashly
This is my first time reading a Guinness World Record book and I really like how its not just about people achieving world records, it also have the universe, nature, earth, animals, crime, etc. I liked the interesting facts they put in the boxes on the top or bottom of the pages. I liked reading what people can do in a short amount time, or the fastest and all the other records. It is really entertaining and great information.
Lucas Pan
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
my great book review: I give this this book 4 starts. This book is great i learn a lot of things in this book. This book was wrote by many people so it don't have an author, there have a lot of extreme things in this book, i didn't rate 5 starts for this book because there have some inappropriate things in there.
Book Addict Shaun
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I have received the GWR every year since 1999 and I love how you can just pick them up, turn to any page and learn something new. In the age of everything being on the Internet there is something comforting to me about receiving these at Christmas and flicking through it being one of the first things I do on Christmas Day.
Jamaari
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is about people doing totally awesome stuff in this book but this book is kinda inappropriate stuff in this book. This book i rated was 5 stars because this is an awesome book and there's funny people in that book.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
The book is really good but I wish it would use vocabulary like humungeous instead of big. You learn a lot of stuff about the year it was written for. I learned that the Colossal Squid is the biggest squid of all times. A.
4alex0364
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK HAS TO BE A BOOK THAT EVERYONE HAS TO READ. THIS BOOK SHOWS INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT ARE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS THAT A HUMAN BEAN MEETS. IT IS SO INTERESTING WHAT PEOPLE DO OR HAVE. SOMETIMES IT IS SCARY AND SOMETIMES IT IS COOL. YOURESLF CAN BE ON IT TO, JUST GET HIGHEST STANDARDS.
Sam  K
Jan 09, 2017 added it
I read this book over and over again. I eventually stopped but this was a good book. It is informative and tells you about the amazing feats accomplished by other people. It can also possibly influence you to try and beat that record considering it exists.
Julia Helin
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is full of fun and excitement. From disgusting people covered in tattoos and piercings to people who can eat 50 hotdogs in 30 seconds! This book will keep you wanting more as you discover the oddities and interests in this book.
Mas5thgrade2014
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: superwoman
i like these books i have read this on millions of times i got it from the library so i had to give it back it seems cool to me that people can do gross stuff like that
4marcus1057
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book has the most records of stuff i have ever seen if my life it is very accurate. you would likeb this book its very instristing and its also informational.
Kya Twitty
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good and entertaining book lots of laughs reading it!
Sara
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These books are awesome!!!!
Natasha Ong
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
its good(some of the pictures freak me out, HOW CAN HEY DO THAT?)
Mary
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Awesome records!
Jessica ramirez
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book is so amazing about people who did good records!!!!
2011? 12 2 May 23, 2012 06:22AM
  • Bad Pets: True Tales of Misbehaving Animals
  • Who Was Marco Polo?
  • Frogs!
  • The Boys Book
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2015
  • Where's Wally? The Totally Essential Travel Collection
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon
  • Why Is Snot Green?: And Other Extremely Important Questions (and Answers)
  • Animals Nobody Loves
  • The Boys' Book of Survival: How to Survive Anything, Anywhere
  • Legend of the Ghost Dog
  • Science Rocks!
  • The Battle of Riptide (Sharks Wars, #2)
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • Snakes
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not! Special Edition 2011
  • Patch (Breyer Stablemates)
  • Nelson Mandela
Guinness World Records™, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records, is a reference book published annually, containing a collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the Unite ...more
More about Guinness World Records...

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972