Start by marking “The Bridesmaid Pact” as Want to Read:
The Bridesmaid Pact

The Bridesmaid Pact

One for all and all for one…As children, Sarah, Dorrie, Beth and Caz were inseparable and vowed to one day be each others bridesmaids. But life got complicated. Now they have one last chance to fulfil their promise.Dorrie is planning her ultimate Disney wedding to the delicious Darren and is determined to have her friends back together for the Big Day. But Dorrie's fairyta ...more
Published May 27th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Bridesmaid Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaid Pact

Eva Hechenberger
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Die Autorin erzählt uns hier die Geschichte von vier Freundinnen, die sich in der Jugend einen Brautjungfernpakt geschworen haben. Jetzt sind doch schon einige Jahre vergangen und nun wünscht sich noch die letzte von ihnen, dass auch sie eine schöne Hochzeit hat. Allerdings sind die vier nicht mehr so eng befreundet, wie damals, denn es gab einige Zwischenfälle…

Persönlich fand ich das Buch toll und unterhaltsam. Mir hat es gut gefallen zu erfahren, ob auch Dorrie nun ihre Traumhochzeit bekommt o
Donna Grant
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very easy read, predictable, sort of book i'd have loved in my 20's
Carole Humphries
Enjoyable and entertaining

A book to help take your mind off the pressure off every day life. Entertaining, a good reminder of the ups and downs of friendship.
Leah
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia Williams has been a favourite author of mine since I read Pastures New a long while back and since then I’ve devoured her other books: Strictly Love, Last Christmas and her most recent novel The Summer Season. However, her fourth novel The Bridesmaid Pact has sat a bit forlornly on my shelf as I just haven’t found time to go back and read it yet what with all the other excellent books out. However, wanting a bit of a break from review books, and seeing that it didn’t seem to be too long a ...more
Mandy
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
its more a 3.5 star, I enjoyed the book, it was quick and easy to read, an alright story all round, but it was confusing! whether I was too tired when I began this book or it was just jumbled up, it flips from year to year and different characters, (it didn't help that is seems this book is older than I realised) I had no idea what year I was in half the time and she just thrown it boyfriend's and husbands like I was meant to know who they all were. where did Steve come from?, how did they meet ...more
Nash Norden
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The Bridesmaid Pact is a story of four best friends – Caz, Beth, Sarah and Dorris. They made each other a promise as children that they will be each other’s bridesmaids. But things happen, and their promise broken. Caz weren’t there on Beth and Sarah’s wedding, and none of Caz’s friend was there when she had her wedding. Now it’s down to Dorrie to have all of her friends as her bridesmaid for her fairytale wedding. But things were really not that simple.

The Bridesmaid Pact was a bit confusing at
Karen Whittard
Apr 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok. Not great but ok. It was written back in the 90s and you could tell. I didn't like the chapters in Disney as I am a massive Disney nut it annoyed me that things weren't accurate and it sounded to me that Julia was trying to state how crap she thinks Disney is because everyone hated it and hardly any good things were said about it. Which annoyed me a lot. I'm a massive Disney nut and Disneyland is the most magical place of all.

I also found the writing style wasn't really my cup
Alisha
May 14, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick-lit lovers

Not overly impressed with this book. Seemed to have too many 'different' stories and problems all going on at the same time, which I disliked. As well as this I found that the Willaims used somewhat more impressive language momentarily shoved in along with your every day spoken words. This seemed to me like a desparate attempt to add class and to 'show off her writing skills' but I didn't find this effective in the slightest.
I gave this book 2 stars because of these reasons but 2 as well for I d
Athina England
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
. This was one of the best books that I have read in a while. The story didn't drag on like some and it kept me gripped throughout. The way the book is broken up helps to understand how the plot has progressed. It switched between each of the characters both in the present and also in the past which I would normally have found confusing but I didn't this time. I did feel that the story centred around Caz rather a lot. I would have liked to hear about Caz meeting her extended family as it felt th ...more
Ann
Reading challenge #45 A book you own but have not read

The Bridesmaid Pact. Hmm. The book of apologies. Or the book of feeling guilty? The book of keeping secrets from your best friends. Don`t get me wrong, I liked it. But..

Dorrie, Caz, Beth and Sarah are best friends, life putting their friendship to a serious test. Their relationship has an opportunity to heal while preparing for Dorries wedding.

But "I am so sorry.." "No, it is me who is sorry" "No, I am sorry" kind of started to irritate me.
James
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is not my usual type of read but I was intrigued to read something by Julia Williams, it's fairly familiar groud - group of four women who have been friends for years etc. But the characters are well rounded and interesting, the story is not all shoes and shopping - these people have real lives, and it is quite moving in places too - I am quite anxious to see what happens at the end - this books really should not be judged by it's cover!
Karen
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic. Written from each of the girl's perspectives helped to maintain a fast pace and kept me hooked. It's great to read 4 sides of the 1 story.

Easy to read and hard to put down, I actually cried reading this (happy tears mostly) so beware where you read it (I was on a bus at the time my tears came along)

Great book, well written, will be reading more by this author.
Maree Repa
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this novel so much. It told the stories of the 4 close friend all though their growing up ages. It shows their fight & their happenings ending with the sad story of Doris, the main characters wedding & all her health problems dealing with her life. Can't wait to read another of Julia's books next.
Agi
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
To be honest, I haven't read a book with so much negative emotions for a long time. Nobody was happy, everybody had problems and perhaps it's a real life but anyway, a little sunshine will do. Mixed feelings about some of the girls but in the end they have made it. Nice writing, not too many, not too less but still, not this what I am looking for in a book.
2,5 stars.
Sooze10
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical girly book about enduring friendships and how life can get in the way of pre laid plans.
Really easy read and enjoyable - I liked how it was written with each section being 'authored' by one of the main characters.
Louise
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chick Lit Fans - if you haven't already you need to read this book!!! It's the perfect chick lit/romance story: laughter, tears, drama, arguments, friendship, romance and a wedding at the end!
Ps, Dorrie's wedding = wedding goals!!
Debbie
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read - I loved this book.
Ruth Loizides
A funny at times read. Glad it all worked out in the end for the girls
Maha☆
Oct 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-tangible
Lots of drama for a book, and every chapter is read from a different girl perspective, so you get lost
Lisa
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good quick read. Made me laugh and was very moving in some parts. A very enjoyable, girly book :-)
Michaela
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So appart from 3 or 4 pages this book was rubbish filled with stupid girls, irrationality and self pity the whole way through.
Merna
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it so much. It gets boring at times, but with strong first pages and a very good ending. It has a lot of drama in it, though. I recommend it to young teens.
Renae
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really liked this book, an easy read that kept you entertained.
Juli Savage
Sadly I had to stop half way through this book it was getting confusing, the book is about four girls/women and the book was telling the story from each of them which was confusing.
Emily
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful :)
Miffy
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good chick-lit, parts of which most of us can relate to. Good summer read.
Amanda
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
took me a while to read it but did enjoy it.
Caz
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was pleasently surprised by this book!
Kim Appleby
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thought this was a good read
Carrie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel had a sweet, light-hearted story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Bad Girls
  • Coming Home
  • Moonshine
  • Midnight Girls
  • Ex-Girlfriends United (Ed & Dan, #2)
  • The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club