Start by marking “The Book of (Holiday) Awesome” as Want to Read:
The Book of (Holiday) Awesome

The Book of (Holiday) Awesome (The Book of Awesome #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  677 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews

There's nothing like the holidays. They bring out the best, and sometimes the worst, in everyone. Luckily, Neil Pasricha is here to remind us that not only are the holidays great but there's actually even more to celebrate than we realize. From Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa to such holidays as Mother's Day and Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and beyond, The Book of (Holiday

Published November 17th 2011 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of (Holiday) Awesome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of (Holiday) Awesome

Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A very cute book full of awesome things. I especially enjoyed the dig at Frosty the Snowman. Perhaps this is the year I try eggnog.
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
As I was straightening up the shelves at the big library the other day, I came across this wonderful little offering from Pasricha. If you read this blog, you know I have read his first book of Awesome, as well as the sequel, and have highly recommended both. I missed this one when it was first published, and since it's been hotter than you-know-where lately, I thought I'd treat myself to some Christmas in July awesomeness.

I should have known that Pasricha would offer up more than yuletide gree
Jessica White
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holidays got you down?
Need a pick-me-up?
Grab the Book of (Holiday) Awesome and flip to whatever holiday has gotten you frazzled.

I read The Book of Awesome and The Book of (Even More) Awesome many years ago, but just now got my hands on a copy of this one and I LOVE IT.

The Book of (Holiday) Awesome includes:
Post Thanksgiving naps
Real bearded Santas
Drinking with Grandma
Halloween candy trading

It hits on all the important traditions and all the holidays you love.
It really is a pick-me-up to remember
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
This isn't so much a review as much as it's me praising this book and its author. I had the most amazing opportunity to meet Neil at the Indigo holiday party and he has got to be one of the most genuinely nice people I've ever met. Even though my friend and I were super nervous/excited to meet him he had a way of making us feel a lot more calm and relaxed. He's a person that you just feel comfortable around; you want to stay and chat too because you feel you could have some amazing conversations ...more
❀ Susan G
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads

As part of a holiday reading challenge I visited the library and borrowed The Book of (Holiday) Awesome. This was written by Canadian author, Neil Pasricha who I was privileged to meet in November at The Art of Leadership Conference. To prepare for the holidays I had been looking for a holiday book that was inclusive of holidays other than just Christmas. This book shares awesome thoughts Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa as well as other holidays throughout
Jes Adams
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love these Awesome books, and this one did not disappoint. They always make me feel so happy, and I laughed out loud in several spots. Thank you Mr. Pasricha - you did it again! :)
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not as great as the first two books. Also when I saw this at the library, I only skimmed it, looking at the first few entries and mistakenly thought it was all about Christmas. Oops. Some entries in here made me smile or go "oh yes! That is Awesome!" But most of them were not my cup of tea. Oh well, at least it was a quick read.
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
So I watched his TedTalk last week and wanted to check out some of his books. I wasn’t real impressed you this as it is simple stuff. But he wrote it when I didn’t...guess that why he is making money and I’m
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A collection of cute little inspirations of holiday cheer. This book covered all the major holidays ranging from Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa to Mother's Day and the 4th of July. It was a good read, but some of the ideas were featured in his other book "The Book of Awesome."
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This isn't a book I would read again, but it definitely had creative descriptions of ordinary events and holiday fun. Some pages made me smile, and the best ones brought reminders of life's happiest moments. The Book of Awesome was just more… AWESOME.
Karen Bayer
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not as awesome as I would have liked!
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy the details and sentimentality of Christmas, you'll like this book. A good read for some humor, ideas and memories before the holidays.
Hillary Moldovan
Silly, not all that funny after you know the joke.
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
For this book, Pasricha has taken every holiday and compiled a list, if you will, of all the possible awesome things that happen at that given time. From Christmas, to Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day to Halloween and everything in between there is sure to be something for everyone. This book gives its reader the warm and fuzzy feelings as they read about some of the best times of the year. This book also includes holidays such as Hanukkah and Kwanzaa and even Diwali; not only do we get to read abo ...more
Chris Edwards
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
That moment near the holidays when there's suddenly cookies, chocolate, and candy everywhere...If we're gonna get fat, let's get fat together. - 9

The smell of a fresh Christmas tree. I grew up on artificial...There were red for long ones, orange for medium, and yellow for the short baby ones on top. - p 14

Driving around town to see all the Christmas lights. - p. 35

Becoming a doctor in The Game of Life. - p. 45

Using the stock answer for a Trivial Pursuit category and getting the pie piece. - p. 4
There are some good-ers in here. Like:

"When the wrapping paper lines up perfectly when you go to tape it -- Wrapping is serious. Yes, somewhere between peeling tape, snipping corners, and curling ribbons, you start obsessing over all the little details. And sure, if you're like me your present just ends up a corner-dented patchwork of twisted tape and shoddy edges. But for the pros there's something sweet about getting the whole thing looking jusssssssst right. AWESOME!"

hahahahahhaha. Oh man, it
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think that there is a lot of bad in the world. The news is always filled with homicides or wars or any number of awful things. But, when you pick up one of Neil's books, you are instantly reminded of the little things that make the world great. I don't always agree with some of the things that he deems awesome, but that's usually only because I haven't looked at something the same way as him. But every now and then he pegs on something that I thought I was the only one who loved. It's always n ...more
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
I didn't spend much time looking at the book while I was at the library, so I thought this book was something different than what it turned out to be. My fault for not reading the first few pages (the page I did turn to was where he's talking about unwrapping gifts which is a little less warm and fuzzy, and not so yay, everything is awesome!!).

The book wasn't bad, but it's just not my cup of tea. Guess I'm too cynical... at least it was a short book though and some of the sections were a little
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In a word this book is of course "awesome". Not only does The Book of Holiday Awesome cover winter holidays, it covers holidays during the whole year!
I would recommend this book for the person who is feeling overwhelmed during this Christmas season-it is a nice little break to remind yourself that while you may be annoyed with the crowds, and planning holiday feasts with crazy family members in the end it will all be worth it. Awesome.
**the last entry in the book is one of my favourites that I
Dec 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, blog, humor
The Awesome books are always a lot of fun. They're quick and easy to read with each entry only being a few pages, and I'm always amazed at how many of the awesome things included are ones that I would have chosen myself. This holiday version isn't my favorite of the three, but definitely worth reading and gets you into the holiday spirit. Plus I learned about some holidays I don't celebrate, so that was a bonus.
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I was charmed by Pasricha’s first book, The Book of Awesome and I grabbed this one as soon as I saw it. While the author makes good points, and brought several smiles to my face, this wasn’t nearly as entertaining as the first book. It tries too hard to reach the same level of whimsy and the rhyming left me cold.
Gave this 2/5 stars ("it was okay") rating because honestly, it was too over-the-top for me. A lot of the "awesome!" felt forced. Yes, I do appreciate the idea that we can find something to enjoy in everything but the fake cheeriness took away from that.

Maybe I just wasn't in the right head space to enjoy this more.
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this for Christmas last year and decided instead of reading it all at once, I would read a few pages at each holiday in the book so that I could savor the awesome throughout the year. I'm so glad I did. Neil has a way of making you realize that even the simplest things are awesome if you'll only take the time to enjoy them!
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: holiday
I liked the other 2 awesome books. This one was very specific since dealing with holidays. I did connect with a few like driving around seeing xmas lights, getting the bigger piece of the wishbone, and having the solid bunny instead of the hollow chocolate one. Overall it felt more forced trying to deal with holidays.
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-booklist
I love this book. Love. This. Book. You should all read it. It takes no time but it had me laughing and smiling and remembering. I jotted notes in the book so next year I can add more. I love that it hits pretty much all the holidays through out the year.

This may mean I now need to buy the original book, The Book of Awesome so I can read one daily.
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor, 2012, holidays
I get the blog updates from 1000 Awesome Things in my inbox daily, and it's a nice reminder of the good things in life we take for granted. This version covers the good things about the holidays that are awesome such as finding a parking spot at the crowded malls, drinking with grandma, wrapping a present perfectly, etc.
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought this book on a whim while online shopping for holiday gifts, and I really enjoyed it. It's a fun, light read that was perfect for reading during holiday downtime when I was too braindead to read something heavier. It's nice to focus on simple pleasures, and this book was definitely great for putting the holidays in perspective.
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Still awesome, but not as good as the other two, mostly because there were a lot of repeats in this book of awesome things already mentioned in the others. I also found some of the awesome things less easy to relate to, though I loved the Christmas ones, and the ones about holidays I didn't know much about. :D Definitely recommend this very quick read during the holidays. :)
Pam (The Girl Who Cried Books)
"As you struggked you empathized, as you slipped you understood, as you worked you earned... you looked you learned you dared you grew
...and as you jumped you flew.
Your dreams are still focusing and your passion is growing. Your energy is still bubbling and your story keeps going."
Tracey Peake
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun pick me up read. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays we really do forget to cherish all the little things.
This book reminded me that there is always a bit of AWESOME in everything we do, read it, it will put a smile on your face!
  • A Nation Worth Ranting About
  • This I Believe: On Love
  • Whiter Shades of Pale: The Stuff White People Like, Coast to Coast, from Seattle's Sweaters to Maine's Microbrews
  • Teaching: It's Harder Than It Looks
  • You Are Good at Things: A Checklist
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
  • Miss Manners' Guide for the Turn-of-the-Millennium
  • The History of the Snowman: From the Ice Age to the Flea Market
  • 1,033 Reasons to Smile
  • Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)
  • Bibliotopia Or, Mr. Gilbar's Book of Books & Catch-all of Literary Facts And Curiosities
  • This Book Will Change Your Life, Again
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning
  • Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • Pride and Precipitation (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #1)
  • Swimming with Scapulars: True Confessions of a Young Catholic
  • The Good Thief's Guide to Venice (Good Thief's Guide, #4)
Hey Goodreads peeps,

Pass me a drink. Let's chill on the ripped couch at the back. I love this place. Book lovers are my favorite people. (And my favorite lovers.)

My name is Neil Pasricha (PASS-REACH-AH) and I'm the New York Times-blah-blah bestselling author of The Happiness Equation and The Book of Awesome series. My books have published a lot of languages I can't read, spent eight years and over
More about Neil Pasricha...

The Book of Awesome (3 books)
  • The Book of Awesome