Start by marking “Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones, #4.5)

Bring Out Your Dead

(Dark Ones #4.5)

Battling a demon lord is all in a day’s work for the Dark One named Sebastian. But now he must take on a horde of unhappy zombies and an obnoxious teen vampire if he wants to win the hand of the one woman who can make him whole.

Ysabelle is a woman with a past, and not a whole lot of future if a certain demon lord has his way. With zombies, demons, and a little thing like d
Published May 16th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Bring Out Your Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Out Your Dead

Start your review of Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones, #4.5)
Susan Stec
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Again, MacAlister made me laugh out loud and roll my eyes at the same time.

Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones Novels) is an oldie but a goodie. Published in 2006, republished in 2010, I don't know how I missed this one. It's loaded with lovable, laughable characters: imps, zombies, an annoying spirit guide that so totally butchers the French language. An equally annoying child vamp, and…oh yeah, a hunky vampire that keeps calling MacAlister's protagonist, Ysabelle,( yeah, I said Ysabelle. Where the
Gab
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
read this story in a previous anthology - good story. Highly recommend the Dark One series,
but more over I HIGHLY recommend any book by Katie MacAlister. I have not come across any book by this author I have not liked and her books range from really good to histerically brilliant.
don't miss her dragon series [Aisling Grey, Silver Dragons, Light Dragons].
ps. if you like Katie MacAlister's dragon books check out author G.A. Aiken "Dragon Kin" series - series brilliant/funny/enjoyable
Redgirlsmama
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was good but I felt like it didn't want to be a short story, either that or I was missing something.... I feel like I need to go back and reread part of the series.
Melanie Page
Bring Out Your Dead by Katie MacAlister is part of the Dark Ones series. It’s an extra novella that falls between two books. Apparently, readers wanted to know more about the French vampire Sebastian, who appears in two earlier books, but is always a side character. He meets his Beloved, Belle, rather quickly, and the book clips along at a rapid pace as they attempt to keep a demon from taking one of Belle’s two souls (she has two thanks to a glitch).

While I often feel like the Dark Ones novels
Melisa
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Not her best.

Katie MacAlister is one of my favorite authors. Her books are almost always funny easy reads. The beginning of this book was a bit confusing and the characters were less appealing than the other characters that she has created. It was not a bad story but definitely not as good as what I'm use to reading from Ms. MacAlister.
JW
Jun 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
I like MacAlister's stories but this one really didn't work for me. Sebastian really pissed me off. I still don't understand how he can be so glib about Noelle. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
Biluma
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ebook
3,5 Sterne
Ellen
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

Funny and entertaining. Another gem from Katie MacAlister. I look forward to more of her books. She never displeases. A great author. Very entertaining.

Demei
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a funny and short read! Finally got to understand Sebastian.
Lyndi W.
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
I had a really hard time with this little story.

Partially because I'm somewhat familiar with Dark Ones, but I didn't really know there were zombies and demons and such. That threw me at first.

And partially due to Sally. I love the witty, outspoken, has-no-concept-of-personal-space sidekick that Katie MacAlister writes. Cora in "Unleashed" was a perfect example of one of these characters (though I know she later got her own book, I think she was a better sidekick). But Sally was impossible to u
Amy
May 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Gretchen
I love this story, which surprises me somewhat because MacCalister tends to have a lighter, more comedic tone to her writing than what I normally enjoy. This story just worked for me, though. I am not familiar with her Dark Ones series (wasn't even aware of it until after completing this story), and yet I was able to follow the characters, events, and overall rules of her mythical world without issue.

While I like both the hero and heroine, the supporting characters really made this a "can't-put
Peggy
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book . The Dark Ones are One of the most amazing set of books I have read. The dark ones will make you laugh and want to smack them all at the same time depending on who you are reading about anyway then this set of books is for you and you never know what will end up at your door be it Demon Lords,Zombie, Ghost or dadgum IMP's haha . Well all I can say is go and get your copy find out for yourself what you been missing.
Jennifer Layne
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I LOVE these books & the Dark Ones. Who doesn't love a sexy, brooding alpha male that NEEDS you to save them!
sign me up! Looking forward to others!
Hanna
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fine little read. It has been too long since my last Dark One fix. MacAlister's writing is something else - it is hilarious, smart, sexy and exciting all at the same time.

Sebastian wasn't my favourite dark one but an interesting character all the same. I also enjoy how in every story the heroine is different and they all are great.
Corie
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute story. 3.5 Stars. Some of the characters stoties were a bit hazy to me as they were so rushed. The downside of reading a novella I guess. And too rushed on the whole "We bumped in the street, oops my lips happened to land on yours, I know it must be life-altering true love!" Ha!
Skye Louise
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Another classic from Katie Macalister! As always filled with lots of laughter and humour, and hot Vamp--- i mean--- Dark Ones ;) the only problem was that it was too short-- then again it could be a never ending book and i still couldn't get enough! :)
Rhonda
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

As always Katie's books have both humour a.d love. this short is no exception. Sebastian, a dark one, meets his beloved in Isabella someone with two souls. There are few twists and turns in the story to keep it interesting.
Anna
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurzweilige Story über Sebastian der einem echt leid getan hat in den anderen Büchern und nun endlich sein Glück gefunden hat. :) Mein heimlicher Star ist definitiv Damian, der kleine hats Faustdick hinter den Ohren!
Nov 14, 2011 marked it as to-read
Novella found in the Just One Sip anthology ...more
Nathalie
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, owned
This novella was cute and I'm happy that Adrian and his family are finally safe from Sebastian. I liked the little story though it felt very rushed... Probably a common feeling with novella's.
Darkand
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine
This was Sebastian and Belle's story. I'm still not 100% sure what exactly happened at the very end but...it was a happy ending nonetheless so I'm good with it.
Stefanie Pender
Loved it

it helped explain a bit more about Noelle and Sebastian. I was also curious about how Sebastian found his beloved.
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, series
Part of anthology Just One Sip
Marykay
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Katie

Good..she is a good author. I have read many of her books luckily this novella is available in kindle. Cant wait for more.
Tammy Rudd
Nicole Mares
Aug 13, 2015
Missie Jones
Oct 20, 2011

• Confessions of a Vampire's Girlfriend (Ben and Fran, #1-2)
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5)
  • Billionaire in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #20; Billionaire Wolf #1)
  • The Litter of the Law (Mrs. Murphy, #22)
  • A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)
  • Sleeping With My Boss: A Steamy Workplace Romance
  • Witch, Interrupted (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #13)
  • On a Witch and a Prayer (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Shorts, #3)
  • Witchy Tales (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Fairy Tale)
  • Life's a Witch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #7)
  • Slaying It (Chicagoland Vampires, #13.5)
  • Night Hawk (Elite Ops, #1.5)
  • Charms & Witchdemeanors (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #8)
  • Witchdependence Day (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Shorts #8)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • A Witch in Time (Wicked Witches of the Midwest Fantasy)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Wicked Witches of the Midwest #9)
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo ...more

Dark Ones (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones #1)
  • Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones #2)
  • Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones #3)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones #4)
  • The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires (Dark Ones #5)
  • Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones #6)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • In the Company of Vampires (Dark Ones #8)
  • Much Ado About Vampires (Dark Ones, #9)
  • A Tale of Two Vampires (Dark Ones, #10)

News & Interviews