Start by marking “Shugo Chara!, Vol. 12: Encore! (Shugo Chara!, #12)” as Want to Read:
Shugo Chara!, Vol. 12: Encore! (Shugo Chara!, #12)

Shugo Chara!, Vol. 12: Encore!

(Shugo Chara! #12)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  963 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
In the sequel to Shugo Chara!, the Guardians of Seiyo Academy are all super busy in preparation for graduation. As the day of commencement approaches, feelings are confessed, and secrets are revealed, including the source of the Guardian Characters! Will Amu's Guardian Characters sleep forever in their eggs? And will she ever get to see Ikuto?
Published August 3rd 2010 by Pika éd.

Hermione
All the couples that end up in these last four chapters were the ones I were routing for! Although the last chapter wasn't super concrete, it heavily implies (view spoiler), which is still, even seven years later, my favorite couple in all of the manga I've read.

Forgive me. I'm being nostalgic. This series comprised of my childhood, and I so very, very much enjoyed it back in 2009. :(
Theresa ♫
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans who wish to find an adorable finale to a manga series
I already did a review of the series in Shugo Chara Vol. 1, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I finished the series!
Yesterday, I was browsing through the shelves of my library and when I saw volumes 11-12, I jumped at them like a monkey. And I finished them both last night.

I loved Shugo Chara as a whole series. There was beautiful art, an original plot, and it's ADORABLE. Though the ending for this series was very, very, very, very, very happy, THERE ARE STILL SOME UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
Crystal
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Aww, I LOVE THE ENDING!!!!! (nobody will really read it, so I can just give this away. Except for you, Diana!). Not so much the begining or the middle.... Nagihiko is in love with Rima, Kairi has a small crush on Yaya when he already swore he loves Amu, Kukai is with Utau ( they are so adorable together despite their age difference!), and Nikadou is marrying Sanjou. The best scene was the end. Ikuto returns from his travels and attends the wedding and visits Amu at the amusement park, and Hikaru ...more
Lawliet (Shruthi) Srinivasan
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
LOVED IT!!!!! :) GREAT CONCLUSION TO A GREAT SERIES!!!!!!!!!
Shealea
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review to follow!

... I got goosebumps for some godforsaken reason.

And with that, my love/hate relationship with this manga comes to an end.

4 stars.
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
This was a beautiful story, even though it was for younger kids. I loved the lessons it taught and how you feel in love with the characters. I'll be watching the anime, for sure.
Jessica Moniz
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
I wish Amuto had a more definite ending.... Kaiya really took me by surprise, but I love Kutau.
A very good series :)
Amanda Setasha Hall
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, zzz-2017
The end of this series is adorable. Like seriously, adorable. There's no other way to describe it. It does make it feel like a complete end.

SPOILER
The second real kiss in the series and it still wasn't even the main couple. UGH. xD My heart.
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good conclusion, but not the greatest. I like that we see how each person has changed in their relationships with each other and all the ways they're growing. Sad to leave this story behind, but feel like a lot of positive things are in the future for everyone.
The Reading Puppet
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was a confusing first half, not very interesting should have just added this ending to vol 11th ending
Holly Letson
This was a collection of short stories involving couples from *Shugo Chara!*, some of them being expected and some of them not.

The first story is about KuUtau (Kukai & Utau), where they keep texting to meet up for ramen contests, and end up falling in love. Short and sweet. I liked it.

The second story is about Rima & Nagihiko/Nadeshiko. As a couple, I like them. I like how this was a slower story that showed them getting to know one another just a little better before opening completely
Sarah Hayes
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
First things first: this is technically not the final volume of Shugo Chara! Despite what the back cover might say, this is actually the Encore one-volume sequel to the main story, which ended in the eleventh volume. Naturally, the Encore volume is folded into the parent series to make it easier for fans to find it in bookstores and make things less confusing with different titles. Tomato, to – well, you know. It is more a collection of chapters exploring various characters' futures and feelings ...more
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really, really enjoyed this volume and have really loved this series! <3 wow, loved the ending, Amu & ikuto are so cute together, totally shipping them! <3 love the characters, storyline, and the message about finding your true self and following your heart, love it so much, would definitely read this manga series again! : ) definitely recommend this series both the manga and the anime series! <3
Angie
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a cute way to end the year (and this series!) Shugo Chara is such a sweet manga and anime!!

While I enjoyed all the chapters, my favourite one (and the one I really resonated with) was Nagihiko and Rima's chapter. Maybe I'm slightly biased because they are also one of my main OTPs, but the focus on spring, blooming smiles and being the "character of your own story" was really endearing.

Song: Itsuka wa Romansu by Sayuri Yahagi
Rashel
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it and it was such a great ending. All of the questions had been answered, except the biggest one about Amu though, but I was still well contented.

I was thrilled in every page and each story was amazing. This manga really deserves a great amount of praise.

Read it at http://www.mangareader.net/1542/shugo-chara-encore.html
monica
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's over and I am so sad :( Still haven't finished the anime though, and there is Shugo Chara Chan! so I guess all is not lost yet....

I loved all the new relationships developing, and I was so happy Ikuto could make an appearance (✿◠‿◠) I just wish I could have more of this story and know what happens to everyone! Love this series so much.
Melissa Millane
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well , i just remembered that i didn't saved this Manga here in goodreads, but thank god that i remembered! So what to say ?! i LOVED Shugo Chara! this manga is sweet and nice, i loved all the characters and all the episodes. i read it, and then i moved to see the anime who is by the way just brilliant <3
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Amu was a great character, she was a little whiny at times but overall she was able to fight and stand up for what she believed in. I liked her relationship with everyone else.

The guardians added some comedic humor to the series and you can't go wrong with a little battle magic.

For fans of Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew.
Ashley Brooke
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just the closure I needed!
B. M.  Polier
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really great ending to the series.
Kate Ling
woots ikuto and amu gets 2gether :D <3
Phileta Valavanis
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so sad when Shugo Chara had to end :'(
Snoko
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoy reading this manga, I recommend it.
Rachel Limpert
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amuto forever!!!!!!! <3
Signe
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My library finally got this book! Along with a brand-new YA section for the branch i got this from! XD
Victoria
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Yoana12
Does someone know how to read the books I'm new to this app and don't know how
Gwen
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
;)
Selena
Just a collection of short stories. Not much of an overarching plot here, just trying up loose ends. Not much to say about it. Definitely worth reading if you've followed the series this far. :)
Douglas Cootey
It was like a novel length omake. I found it tiresome. Super cute art, but self-indulgent as the myriad cast members each had their moment in the sugar coated sunset.
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 07 (Gakuen Alice, #7)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 28
  • Kamichama Karin Chu, Vol. 03
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 4 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #4)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #7)
Peach-Pit (ピーチ・ピット Pīchi Pitto) is a female manga artist duo in Japan, made up of Banri Sendo (千道 万里 Sendō Banri) and Shibuko Ebara (えばら 渋子 Ebara Shibuko). Their group name derives from the diner hangout Peach-Pit from the TV show Beverly Hills, 90210. Although both have similar styles, with some artwork it is possible to identify which artist drew it. Both are known for their bishōjo styled works ...more

Shugo Chara! (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 1: Who Do You Want to Be? (Shugo Chara!, #1)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 4: Character Swap! (Shugo Chara!, #4)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 5: The New Kids (Shugo Chara!, #5)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 6: Betrayal (Shugo Chara!, #6)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 7: Black Cat (Shugo Chara!, #7)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 8: With a Little Help From Their Friends (Shugo Chara!, #8)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 9: A Big Discovery (Shugo Chara!, #9)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 10: A Heart's Desire... (Shugo Chara!, #10)