Start by marking “Heart of Glass (Irish Angel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Glass (Irish Angel, #3)

Heart of Glass (Irish Angel #3)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  419 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Kate Keene's childhood memories compel her to take her newly-acquired architectural skills to a dilapidated Louisiana mansion. But when she returns to the Reconstruction-era South, she's shocked to discover the man she's dreamed of for so long has become a bitter, angry recluse. Colin Delany, the handsome older brother of her best friend, has lost all he once held dear, wi ...more
Published February 14th 2012 by Zondervan (first published February 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Glass

Jessica Wolf
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I could have given Heart of Glass a four, but it lands on a solid three. There was so much potential for this to be something more, something that falls outside of the typical cliches of the genre, but that didn't happen.

This book uses the classic "big misunderstanding" trope that I cannot stand, but has the "marriage of convenience" trope which I NEVER get tired of. Both tropes fell flat, the dialogue was awkward, and there was little effort made to the emotions, scenery, and worldbuilding.

Tha
Virginia Campbell
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
The "Irish Angel" book series from author Jill Marie Landis tells the story of four sisters who were separated when they were very young. Each sister found a different home, and they had very different life experiences. "Heart of Glass" is book three in the series, and it features an appealing heroine with the unusual occupation of being an architect. Kate Keene was provided for by her adoptive parents, but the family warmth she felt came from being with her best friend, Amelie, and Amelie's fam ...more
Diana
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Landis has once again done a wonderful job creating a clean, heartwarming historical romance. Hearts of Glass is the third book in the Irish Angel Series. It tells the story of Katie Keene, a girl adopted by a wealthy New Orleans’s family. Her adoptive parents take care of her financially, but does not give her the love and attention she craves. She turns as a young girl to the Delany family. They are the Keene’s neighbors and Katie and their daughter, become best friends. Katie falls quickly in ...more
Patti
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! It was my favorite of the three in the series. I could totally relate to Kate. It had a nice bit of humor and it was nicely told. Full of emotion that gets to your heart. I highly recommend it. It has no inappropriate stuff whatsoever. Clean and sweet. I am hoping for the another set in the series. This is worth reading!
Erin
Mar 21, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 I didn't realize that I was reading the last one first, but it was a great and clean story. I am anxious to read the first two now!
A Busscher
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Debate between 2 and 3 stars. I thought the story line was good, predictable romcom. However the ending was absolutly HORRIBLE!!! The last 10 pages megan and lovie just happen to come along and are just one happy family and can remember what each other looks like- FAT chance. Also, of coarse the spinster is pregnant- bc at 29 your eggs are dust? ;(
Marguerite Gray
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kate has a giving heart and wants to give back to family who did so much for her in the past. But will her best friend's brother let her help? This is the third book about sisters who were separated when their parents died. I'm looking forward to finding out the fate of sister number four.
Victor Gentile
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jill Marie Landis in her new book, “Heart of Glass” Book Three in the Irish Angel series published by Zondervan takes us into the life of Kate Keene.

From the back cover: Kate Keene’s childhood memories compel her to take her newly-acquired architectural skills to a dilapidated Louisiana mansion. But when she returns to the Reconstruction-era South, she’s shocked to discover the man she’s dreamed of for so long has become a bitter, angry recluse.

Colin Delany, the handsome older brother of her bes
Dundee Library
The third book in the Irish Angels series by Jill Marie Landis follows Kate Keene, the third of four sisters separated by their parents' death, time, and fate. Compared to Kate's older sisters' upbringings, Kate was dealt a kinder hand after being sent to an orphanage. Adopted by wealthy citizens of New Orleans, Kate experienced the finer privileges of life, although largely neglected by her socialite mother. To fill her spare time, and the longing for family, Katie spent a majority of her child ...more
Audrey
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Teresa Snyder
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Third book in the Irish Angels series. This is Kate's story, the third Lane sister. Although she had a much better childhood than Lovie and Megan (books one and two) it was not without problems. Her adoptive family was weathly, but not necessarily loving. She had her best friend Amelie Delaney and her family as a substitute family.

Colin Delaney was Amelie's older brother. Kate was in love with him from the very beginning. Unfortunately, he never paid any attention to his little sisters best fri
Tonya
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Irish Angel series, which I did not realize until I finished. I did not feel as though I was missing anything by reading these out of order.

Kate Keene returns to the southern plantation where she had so many happy times as a child. Colin Delany, Kate's childhood best friends older brother, is nursing his war wounds and his bitterness at everything he has lost with his family. Kate is persistent in wanting to rebuild the plantation to honor her friend and the memories held
Teresa
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Kate Keen, was a women ahead of her time, she was an architect and she had grand ambitions to fix the Belle Fleur where she used to play with her best friend Amelie. She is back only to see the house is in ruins and she spent a better part of her inheritance to save Belle Fleur. She arrived only to find Colin Delany holed up in a room, acting all bitter and worn having suffered from a arrow that struck straight through his ankle - causing him to struggle while walking. Can Kate pick up all the b ...more
Kara Prem
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up
Highland-dreamer
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hayden
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Hmmm. Well, I think I liked the romance in this one better than the other two (maybe it was because it seemed more important to the plot? Anyway, I found myself "rooting" for the two characters more.)

Again, I think this series's strength was in the child characters, although not as much in Heart of Glass as in the other books.

Overall, I don't regret reading this series, but I can't say I really loved them.

And I just noticed I've used "hmmm" in my reviews for this series a lot. I wonder what that
Sara
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What I liked about this novel was that the story and characters were interesting. I don’t read a lot of Civil War-era or Reconstruction-era books, so I’m not an expert, but I thought the plot of this novel was more original than some. Kate is determined to rebuild her friend’s home; Colin is even more determined for her to leave. Throw in a marriage of convenience and two kids, and the story ramps up even more, but all of this ‘action’ kept things moving along.

Read my complete review here: http:
Judith Mullett
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
3rd in the Irish Angel Series and finally one of the orphaned sisters was brought up in a good family! But she has her own challenges. She hopes to save her best friend's brother (who she has loveds since she was 13) who is broken by the civil war and fighting Indians for the Union Army. A very good read. Plan to try to find the 4th book in this series. There were 4 sisters, so hopefully, there will be a 4th book.
Marie Lamkey
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uplifting

Uplifting

this book would appeal to anyone with a love of the past years of our country with it's hardships and love of family. I have not been disappointed with the storyline of this series. written well and will hold your intersection beginning to the end.

Connie
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful historical romance that takes place in Louisiana during the post Civil War era. Looking forward to reading the other two books in the trilogy. I am a fan of novels that focus on America during this period.

Classified as Christian fiction, but I did not find it to be "oppressive."
Kathy Roling
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book3 of the Irish Angels series. Good story, well written; has a wonderful flavor of the south. I'm glad the author didn't detail the war, instead the story is about rebuilding, reunion. Enjoyable.
Katie(babs)
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I adore this series and this latest is just as good as the first two, but the heroine isn't scarred or has had a horrible life like her two other sisters. This is a tender, post civil war romance that's perfect for readers who enjoy sweeter then steam and for teens.

A much recommended read!
Kassie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book.....loved the author's style....and had a hard time putting the book down....even though I didn't read the first two books of the series...this sounded like the best one.
Amanda
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
a good way to wrap up the series though i wish more of the other characters were mentioned from previous books
April
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the series (I assume there must be a fourth in the works....). I enjoyed it - even if it was a bit contrived and predictable!
PWRL
Oct 24, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice ending to a fun trilogy.
Captmashpea
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
It took a while to get into but it was a good story - they guy did get on my nerves and so did the girl. Not my favorite characters.
Mackenzie
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of 3
*Very good.
Shawn
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I loved the dynamic between Kate and Colin and how after all the years and heartaches they were able to find each other.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 09:18AM
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
  • Heart of Gold
  • Words Spoken True
  • A Talent for Trouble (Ladies of Distinction, #3)
  • Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny, #3)
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • Hidden Affections (Hearts Along the River, #3)
  • Baroness (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Captured by Love (Michigan Brides, #3)
  • Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, #1)
  • When Two Hearts Meet (Colorado Runaway, #3)
  • A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3)
  • Circle of Spies (The Culper Ring, #3)
  • A Vision of Lucy (A Rocky Creek Romance, #3)
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • Love's Awakening (The Ballantyne Legacy, #2)
JILL MARIE LANDIS is the bestselling author of nearly thirty novels which have appeared on the NYT bestseller list, USA Today and other national bestseller lists. She has won numerous awards for her heartfelt characters and sweeping emotional historical romances that include SUMMER MOON and MAGNOLIA CREEK and the Irish Angels Series; HEART OF STONE, HEART OF LIES, and HEART OF GLASS. All of her Hi ...more
More about Jill Marie Landis

Irish Angel (3 books)
  • Heart of Stone (Irish Angel, #1)
  • Heart of Lies (Irish Angel, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be