Start by marking “Full Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #3)” as Want to Read:
Full Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #3)

Full Share

(Golden Age of the Solar Clipper #3)

IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME TO “TRUST LOIS” THIS WOULD BE IT.
When the home office adds an unexpected crew member to the environmental section of the Lois McKendrick, Ishmael Wang faces being put ashore at the next port. Not even his multiple division ratings can save him because he refuses to bump someone else in his place. In just a few days, Ishmael will lose both his frien
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Full Share, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Share

Start your review of Full Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #3)
Dan
Jan 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to put a finger on why these novels are enjoyable. They're honestly not gripping, with zero in the way of conflict and only slightly more in the way of "plot." Full Share and the others are about character first, setting second, and everything else is barely in the race. It's like you're in some sort of reality TV show viewed through the lens of the main character. Good thing it's a pleasant show.
James C
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
A much better addition to Lowell's series than Half Share , and a promise of great things to come.

Despite being the same length as the previous book and having more happening as well this book felt more rounded, more secure and just better. Where Half Share felt rushed this book felt perfectly paced.

Furthermore the writing was as good and as captivating as I have come to expect from Lowell, really making the world he described come to life. Which is another thing that this book did really w
Adam
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Space Jesus fixes everyone's problems through being perfect at everything. He sleeps with beautiful women, becomes amazing at everything he touches, and everything he does is correct. Things finally happen in this book and you wish they didn't. I'm out.
Dan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, traderz, 2018
Superb! This series never gets old, I love revisiting this universe.
Scott
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Another solid entry. The ease of these books is probably what keeps me coming back: they are like sitting down with a hot cocoa on a cold day. I love the world and focus on relationships and Ishmael's never ending thirst for knowledge.
Tony Hisgett
I found this book a bit of a mixture, I actually enjoyed the first half of the book more than either of the previous two, but towards the end I was getting quite bored. I was also getting a bit fed up of he author indulging his adolescent boy fantasies.
Erich
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I decided to push through the third book in the series because from what I understood it would rap up the story of the main character's time on the ship and I wanted to see a story through to it's conclusion. The story of his time on that ship is done and there are more books in the series available, but I will not be reading them.

*Spoilers Ahead*

I have been trying to put my finger on what I don't really like about this story and it didn't really hit me until this book. It's the protagonist. He
Estara
Sep 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Katherine Hunter
This is the 3rd book in a 6 book series. Ish is half-way through his enlistment, he's looking to his future and thinking a bit ahead.
I have to wonder what kind of recommendation someone who has spent an hour in your company can possibly write about you. And why they would. Every women Ish meets loves him, wants to have sex with him and feels betters after he compliments them. Where his experience in this area comes from is never disclosed. Although he's 18 all the women he interacts with on a s
Debrac2014
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining installment on Ish's life and loves! I'm going to miss the trading and flea market business.
Alex
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This would be 5 if the main character wasn’t such a Larry Stu. Love this setting, characters, just all of it. But by the 6th or seventh girl my eyes start rolling.
Geoff
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018, scifi
There was more plot in this one, but it came at the expense of what had been the strength of the series, well written, consistent, interesting characters. And after a few too many twists-for-twists' sakes, I think I'm done with this series. still compulsively readable, just no longer as fun.
Bee
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a light and entertaining series. I've devoured the first 3 books in two weeks (which i s fast for me).

There's little tension, no serious dramas, no fighting or violence, there's some sex (that gets handled very decently) and yet it is a delight to get lost in.

Also the author does a great job narrating!

Randy
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice rebound from Lowell's sophomore slump. The second book, HALF SHARE, wasn't a bad book, just not up to the first one, QUARTER SHARE. The thrust of this series is the every day crew aboard a trader space ship, their problem solving, the way they interact, the sort of thing we all encounter every day. No shoot em ups, bug-eyed aliens, space dog fights(too much Star Wars influence here).

It might sound boring, but it's not. Lowell's style of writing keeps things moving along and the conflicts
Teel
It was a good book, but of the three I've heard so far, I felt this was the weakest - because the plot's trajectory was so obvious and methodical and plotted that it nearly became tedious. There was no tension where there should have been, no wondering what would happen, what would become of ... anyone, really, because everything was so broadly telegraphed.

That said, the characters are still (generally) strong, their interactions interesting, and since that was the backbone of the first two book
Ryan
Jan 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ishmael Wang gets another promotion in this book, as you might have guessed from the title, and starts to think about life after his tour of duty on the Lois McKendrick.

If you've listened to the first two boks in the series, you more or less know what to expect here, although things to get taken to the "next level" to an extent; the ship is put in some very real danger this time around, some of the interpersonal issues raised in the earlier books come to a head, and we're left with a strong feel
Sotolf Flasskjegg
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I seem to have gone through this one almost too fast, on the good side I have the rest of them, on the not so good one, there are only three of them left.

as I said about the other ones in the series, it really is comfort reading for me, I just love the characters, and the companionship, and what this book did quite a lot more than the others for me was getting those feelings across, I just feel really happy reading the books, and I don't want them to end, I just want to spend some more time with
Stephanie Embry
I was mildly interested in if this series got back to the kind-of-bland-but-enjoyable story I saw in book 1. It did and it didn't. Ishmael is still Space Jesus, doing everything right and making all the women love him--but Lowell introduced a lot more conflict in this book, something to actually get concerned about for half a moment.

I continue to listen to these books in part bc they make great background for knitting--Lowell is a good narrator, with a rhythmic voice. But also bc there really is
Mark Zodda
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Much like the earlier two books in the series, I also found this book to be interesting and quick to read. However, most of the ending of the book felt like the author was wrapping up the series to be a trilogy and then appended an extra chapter or two to continue to carry the series forward. While I have enjoyed the series so far, not all that sure that I like the way he moved things forward at the end which means that I'm not sure I want to continue to read the next book.
Emily
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-audio
"Is there kissing in this book?"

Space chicks fall all over themselves to get to some Ish fairy dust. However, it's the yarn about applying to The Academy where Mary Sue really grates.

I keep coming back to this series, though. Lowell is an outstanding reader.
Abigail Hilton
Feb 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are all good, but in this one, their lives are actually threatened (a rare event in the Share universe), which was exciting. The characters are as endearing as ever.
Daniel Roy
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
Full Share concludes the story of Ishmael Wang's time aboard the solar clipper Lois McKendrick. The book sheds some of the egregious elements of Half Share, capping off the trilogy with a worthier effort that nevertheless falls far short of the brilliance of Quarter Share.

There are two unredeemable issues with Full Share.

First, continuing a tendency that started with Half Share, Ishmael has completed his transformation from lovable and self-effacing newcomer into a full-fledged Gary Stu. Whereas
Michael
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you haven't read the first two books in the series, you can read this one and it will be okay but I strongly recommend you read them so you can understand the dialogue of the characters and the dynamics of this excellent series. Start off with Quarter Share (Trader's Tales from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper), then continue with Half Share (Trader's Tales from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper), then you will be ready for this one.

Without having a spoiler, let me tell you what I really
Adriel Wiggins
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I am a huge fan of Nathan's Tanyth Fairport Series, I am even more ridiculously a fan of the Solar Clipper series. I was introduced to them via John Ward, the great collector of interesting people, who suggested the Quarter Share podcast to me. A couple years later, and not only have I thoroughly enjoyed devouring the entire series on a regular basis, but I've also roped my family into the fandom as well. I'm pretty sure my mother has listened to the first six books at least a score of ...more
Alison M
Found it rather dull. The story could have been happening on an actual, Earth-bound sailing ship. I wanted something to take me into space: technology, personal accounts of transition, views of planets & space stations, trade with aliens and/or of unfamiliar cargoes, ...

Having read the first three books in this series, I can also say that I find the Ishmael Wang character utterly unconvincing. He is supposed to be 18 at the outset and 20 at the end of Full Share. Before joining the 'Lois McKendr
Larry
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is #3 in the Trader's Tale from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper series. I’ve read the other two in order without any other reads in between and, as far as I’m concerned, this could is just one LONG Sci-Fi novel. It picks up right after #2. While Lowell does a decent job catching-up on things, I would feel sorry for the new series reader. I wouldn’t have wanted to jump into the story at this point.

For the first time in the series, the interstellar space ship is in danger. Still, the main
Thomas James
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fiction in its best sense.

Ishmael is the man I'd like to be. Perhaps much more But if so, we have not gotten there. Yet. Although we have received hints. If he is much more than human, Lowell has spent three books establishing his total humanity as well as his love for every other man and woman. In some ways the story is a bit naive because life just isn't like this. At least, not in MY experience. Still, it is fiction in its best sense. Thoughtful, inspiring, emotional, and even thought-provoki
Rebecka
Oct 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The start of this book made me think it might be able to fix the mistakes of book 2, but sadly it soon returns to tell me (not show) how the MC is the most awesome man alive. Every scene seems to be constructed so the author can tell me just how great the MC is and all other plot points get pushed to the side. I actually thought the MC was great. In the first book. When he cleaned a coffee maker, he studied hard and worked even harder. The man described in book 2 and 3 isn't even close to likeab ...more
Melanie Clemmer
I did find that this book was an improvement over half share, so the writer seemed to be getting in a better groove. I think I find these books enjoyable because of the air of cooperation amongst the star clipper, where even some of the less like-able folks can somehow find their place on the solar clipper.
Liam J
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author lost me with this one. He has a strange fascination with the word 'sashay' and makes it a point to note how many people are looking at any character's backside every time one walks away. I started this series because I thought trading would be an interesting focus for a book. This seems to be less and less of the focus.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mountain of Mars (Starship's Mage, #8)
  • Trans Galactic Insurance: Adventures of a Jump Space Accountant
  • Smarter (Ell Donsaii, #2)
  • Lieutenant (Ell Donsaii, #3)
  • Habitats (Ell Donsaii, #7)
  • Tau Ceti (Ell Donsaii, #6)
  • Transporter (Ell Donsaii, #16)
  • All in Good Time (April Book 11)
  • Cultivating Chaos 2 (Cultivating Chaos, #2)
  • Impact! (Ell Donsaii, #12)
  • The Derelict Duty: A Space Adventure (The Duty, #1)
  • Wanted (Ell Donsaii, #10)
  • Rescue (Ell Donsaii, #11)
  • Comet! (Ell Donsaii, #5)
  • Quicker (Ell Donsaii, #1)
  • Runic Apprentice (Rune Mystic, #1)
  • Rune Mage (Rune Mystic, #2)
  • Allotropes (Ell Donsaii, #8)
Nathan Lowell has been a writer for more than forty years, and first entered the literary world by podcasting his novels. His sci-fi series, The Golden Age of the Solar Clipper grew from his long time fascination with space opera and his own experiences shipboard in the United States Coast Guard. Unlike most works which focus on a larger-than-life hero (prophesized savior, charismatic captain, or ...more

Golden Age of the Solar Clipper (10 books)
  • Quarter Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #1)
  • Half Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #2)
  • Double Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #4)
  • Captain's Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #5)
  • Owner's Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #6)
  • In Ashes Born (A Seeker's Tale from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper #1)
  • To Fire Called (A Seeker's Tale From The Golden Age Of The Solar Clipper Book 2)
  • The Lois McKendrick Omnibus: Trader's Tales 1-3
  • By Darkness Forged (Seeker's Tales From The Golden Age Of The Solar Clipper, #3)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...
“You obviously have mistaken me for somebody with a clue. Unfortunately, I don’t even know where to buy a clue, and if I had one, I’m sure it would be to a different puzzle.” 1 likes
“You obviously have mistaken me for somebody with a clue. Unfortunately, I don’t even know where to buy a clue, and if I had one, I’m sure it would be to a different puzzle” 0 likes