Start by marking “The Matter of the Crown” as Want to Read:
The Matter of the Crown

The Matter of the Crown

The Crown of the Andes, one of the world's most precious and beautiful sacred objects, has been stolen right off the stage at Satterling's Auction House in New York City. Five pounds of magnificent baroque gold that ransomed the Inca Ruler Atahaulpa, and hundreds of perfect Colombian emeralds, all gone without a trace! Will this legendary treasure be destroyed for its gold ...more
Paperback, First, 374 pages
Published September 29th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published September 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Matter of the Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matter of the Crown

Elaine
This is a suspense filled mystery with the priceless Crown of the Andes in the centre of all the action. I admit to being initially somewhat perplexed as in the first three chapters three different and seemingly unrelated characters are introduced. Avi Valencia is an artist, living in Italy but obviously wary with all the security measures in her home. The second is Alfred Granfield. He likes everything ordered and familiar but has a keen interest in art and frequently travels to secure objects ...more
booksofallkinds
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
THE MATTER OF THE CROWN by Linda Ferreri is a layered story brimming with historical detail and art references throughout.

Taking the reader from the auction houses of Manhattan to the rolling Italian countryside with plenty of stunning scenery in between, we are taken on an adventure to find the Crown of the Andes, a sacred and precious object that has been stolen. But what has this got to do with Avi disappearing from her home in a quiet village? And who will be able to uncover the mystery?

Whil
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits
Sharon
Thank you to the Author for this review copy, given in exchange for an honest review. Also thank you to Rachel from Rachel’s Random Resources for organising the blog tour and giving me the opportunity to be part of it.

The Crown of the Andes, one of the world’s most beautiful and precious objects has been stolen. It’s down to art lawyer Claire Bliss and retired Italian policeman, Baldo to try and solve the mystery as to who took it and where it’s gone.

My first book by this author. She has written
Louise
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story starts by introducing three totally separate characters. We meet Avi Valencia an artist living in Italy, with a mysterious reclusive character, Alfred Granfeld, an orderly gentleman with an interest in fine art and Claire Bliss, a troubled young woman, seeking therapy on an Adriatic cruise.

When Avi disappears it is Baldo. an ex-policeman turned handyman, who notices that the girl has vanished and begins a quest to find her.

Meanwhile, The Crown of the Andes is due to be auctioned in a N
Shell Baker
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The Matter of the Crown isn't my normal kind of read.This isn't your normal fast paced gritty crime book it is a murder mystery book with a crown theft, murder and kidnap.

The story starts off rather complex when we are introduced to a three totally different characters which are woven into this story. an artist living in Italy called Avi Valencia Alfred Granfeld, and Claire Bliss.The story starts off in Italy then we are transported to New york.

I am a big fan of art history after studying art a
Ankita Singh
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The Matter Of The Crown was so full of twists, revelations and even more twists that it left me confused at times! I couldn't read it in one sitting, because well life. Though whenever I wasn't reading or sleeping, my mind would go back to the book and I'd be wondering about the whys and the whos.

I'm trying really hard to keep this review spoiler free, it's such a difficult task!

Who stole the crown was pretty easy to guess right from the moment it got stolen, yet there were many other mysteries
Chitra Iyer
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The Matter of the Crown by Linda Ferreri is a thriller about the heist of one of the most precious and sacred objects, the Crown of Andes. I never knew that such an object existed but it is, in fact, quite a treasure (just look at the cover pic!).

The ancient treasure, the Crown of Andes is up for auction at the Satterling’s. Despite the best security arrangements, it disappears from the stage right under everyone’s noses. The art lawyer, Claire and a retired policeman, Baldo are sucked into this
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this one and have given the book a solid 4 stars - plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing and the plot strong enough to keep you engaged throughout - a thoroughly enjoyable read!
Bryan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Matter of the Crown is an erudite thriller focused on a unique work of art

The book’s story kicks off with the kidnapping of the mysterious Avi Valencia from her villa in a hill town in central Italy. Surprises quickly ensue. A complex, modern-day plot moves smartly from a prominent Manhattan auction house, to sumptious residences on two continents, to an Adriatic cruise ship and even to a ramshackle Italian farm.

A second, historical plot centers on the crown and the adoration of the Virgin
Alice Heyman
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legendary story that is both fact and fiction. Marvelous,thrilling,mysterious, that is both spellbinding and spiritual!!!

a great gift for your library,and all who love art,history,mystery and spirituality.come see the real crown when it will be shown for public view.
Susan Corcoran
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I would like to thank the author of The Matter of The Crown Linda Ferreri and blog tour organiser Rachel Gilbey for the ARC in return for an honest review.
If you like a easy to read thriller with lots of fascinating historical information, then The Matter of The Crown if a good one to pick.
It has a cast of likeable characters, especially the hero of the piece, Italian Policeman Baldo and the heroine Claire Bliss. Both of whom are engaging and very likeable.
It has twists and turns a plenty and ta
Carol Evans
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I  tend to love books combining art and mysteries and this one full of twists and turns and interesting characters was as good as I was hoping. I also like the bits of religious history that were thrown in.

The book started out a little tough for me. There are several characters that are introduced and it's tough to see how it's all going to pull together. Eventually, though, once I got into, I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Baldo, a retired Italian policeman who along with an American
Steph's Book Ramblings
Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
Heidi
I was sent a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

This mystery is based around the real life object the Crown of the Andes, which has an interesting history in reality. Here though, we have a fictional scenario where the crown has disappeared.

Ferreri pulls together historical and mystery elements, creating a book which sucks you in and keeps you guessing throughout. The story is told through chapters from multiple perspectives, all across the globe.

If you love a novel which successfull
Sean Talbot
Sep 30, 2018
Subhajit Das
Nov 30, 2018
Linda Ferreri
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Fuscone
Sylvie
Pam Mooney
Karen Bainbridge
Oct 15, 2014
Well known lecturer, art historian and international art lawyer, Linda Ferreri is the author of several books. Her newest mystery, A Cloud of Fraud, will be released on Amazon in paperback and Kindle format, and on iBooks, very soon. Stay in touch. It's a gem of an art crime story.