Start by marking “Paloma: A Laurent & Dove Mystery” as Want to Read:
Paloma: A Laurent & Dove Mystery

Paloma: A Laurent & Dove Mystery

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Paloma, a woman with three identities, is running hard and fast. Someone wants her dead. But which identity is the killer after? Max Laurent, retired FBI agent, throws himself into the mix. Paloma must outwit the assassin. Max must outwit Paloma. Before coming to terms with past misunderstandings and a child long ago abandoned, they must, together or apart, find and elimin ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Full Court Press (first published June 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Paloma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paloma

Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

I was not expecting much from Paloma. Really I thought the synopsis was a bit confusing, but I saw potential. I am glad I gave it a read as it was alright. Not the best book ever, but entertaining.

Paloma felt a little scattered. Like she didn't really know what she was like. She just kept changing her mind, though she did stay a scared girl who keeps running, until the very end. She was alright, and I can understand why she would be so skeptical of everyone. It was
R.G. Phelps
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I just finished reading Paloma by Linda Lavid - A Laurent & Dove Mystery and found it to be a on the edge of your seat type of mystery's. You will have problems reading this book because you won't want to stop from Chapter One through the final chapter number Thirty-One. The two main characters, Max Laurent and Paloma Dove seem to have a love hate relationship throughout the book and the reader is clued in why from the beginning till the very end. The author's skills in developing the charac ...more
Kathy
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love mysteries and this one kept me guessing. The characters were interesting and the story was complex. I hope there are more Laurent and Dove mysteries to come?
Jeannette
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery and fiction fans
Shelves: 2011-read
Wonderful mystery! Max is a recently retired FBI agent who still can't get over the woman who testified in a mob case 25 years ago and then went into Witness Protection. Agnes changes her name to Nancy, marries and has a daughter. Then 15 years later when one of the mobsters is paroled, Nancy drowns. Max finds this hard to accept and eventually tracks her and her new identity as Paloma. But it now looks like someone else has found her and attempts are made on her life. Max begins to investigate, ...more
Charles
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Thanks GoodReads for the opportunity to experience a new author. A fairly short, quick read for those times when you dont want to strain the brain cells, or committ to a more longterm engagement.

Somewhat formulaic, but then aren't most mysteries we're offered these days? Where would we be without the old, retired FBI agents? No wonder we have such a Federal deficit, too many of the FBI agensts are living to retirement.

Still, over all this one's worth the time... especially since it doesnt consum
Jessie
Jul 16, 2011 marked it as to-read

Note to Linda A. Lavid: "Just to let you know that I recieved my copy of Paloma today. I look forward to reading it and appreciate so very much that you took the time to sign it."
Reply from Linda A. Lavid: "Thanks back at cha for letting me know it was received. Blue skies, L."

I received my copy on Thu, Jul 21 2011.

Expect to recieve by August 27, 2011
Congrats! You're a winner!Books usually arrive within 4-6 weeks.
Giveaway dates: Jun 16-Jul 16, 2011 5 copies available, 1048 people requesting

Kathy
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite finished but I am enjoying this books twists and turns.

I finished the book tonight. Great story line, the characters had a back story that paced the book and added depth. The chapters flew by as the story flowed from the pages creating a quick read, I only hope that there will be more books based on the characters in this book.
Heather
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a kindle download and was a very enjoyable read. The characters were very believable and the action flowed nicely. I do hope there are more to come in the series as both main characters have the depth to support further stories.
Michele bookloverforever
disjointed...
Tracy Michelle
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, read-2011
I received this through a first reads giveaway.
Kynthia
Shannon Reber
Jul 27, 2015
  • Journal of a Schoolyard Bully: Notes on Noogies, Wet Willies, and Wedgies
  • Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves
  • Running Home (The Shinigami Vampires, #1)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Regan O'Reilly, Private Investigator (Regan O'Reilly #1)
  • The Minstrel's Tale
  • Fezariu's Epiphany (The Elencheran Chronicles #1)
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Memoirs of a Violent Sleeper
  • Pretty is as Pretty Dies (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #1)
  • The Upside of Down
  • A Penny for the Hangman
  • Olga: A Daughter's Tale
  • The Caregiver's Path to Compassionate Decision Making (2nd Edition)
  • The Ghosts of Melrose
  • Three Truths and a Lie
  • Echo Island
  • The Caligula Club Hits the Brick Wall
Late at night, roaming the house, looking for things forgotten, lost, misplaced, Linda A. Lavid, eventually deals with matters at hand and tells stories in words and pictures. An award-winning author and artist, she lives in Western New York with two dogs. Her children visit when there’s food.