Start by marking “Mined Your Own Business” as Want to Read:
Mined Your Own Business

Mined Your Own Business

4.83  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The Battalion was on Fall training -- all rifle companies were being put through a pioneer refresher program of minefields, mine detecting and prodding, barbed wire fences, and bridging in a round robin style of training.

One afternoon, Rabbi and his pals were permitted to go swimming in a nearby lake. Dropping off the rope swing they had installed, Rabbi’s toes touched the
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mined Your Own Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mined Your Own Business

Shannon Mayer
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great first novel from Mr. Miller, who shares his dry sense of humour through Private Rabbi, the smart ass protagonist. The first chapter snags you and the plot doesn't let go, only picking up speed as you approach the end. Despite the large amount of army information (which is always well explained for those of us not savvy) the book rides out the plot line very well.

I am looking forward to finding out when the next book in the Rabbi Hawkins series will come out and see what the cha
Mimi Barbour
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story about 'Rabbi Hawkins'. He's quite a character. His buddies are fun also. This book has been written using a dry wit that tickles me, and I found myself chuckling quite often. The plots were well set-up, a bit slow to start but stick with it, it was worth it.
Great debut novel by an excellent author. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Clive
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I find most attractive about a book or a movie is when the writer takes me on a journey, or to a new world. It feels like a holiday to me, without the departure tax. Jim Miller’s new book does this for me. “Mined Your Own Business” takes us into the world of the military, circa 1961, but in a behind-the-scenes rather than an in-the-trenches sort of way.

We are introduced to Camp Gagetown, New Brunswick; training facility for the Canadian army. We meet Private Donald “Rabbi” Haw
Jim1348