Start by marking “Young Legionary (Last Legionary, #5)” as Want to Read:
Young Legionary (Last Legionary, #5)

Young Legionary (Last Legionary #5)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  132 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The prequel to the author's "Last Legionary" series. Before the destruction of Moros, young Keil Randor wanted to be a Legionary. To be one of the elite, he has to prove himself through years of training as a Young Legionary, facing many ordeals along the way.
Published August 7th 1998 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published November 11th 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Young Legionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Legionary

Alex Sostar
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book in my early teens, and somehow remembered it every time I came across anything that sparked my interest in sci-fi, however I could never remember the title, or character names well enough to find it. What I could remember, were bits and pieces of the story that I have been repeatedly describing to people or googling to try and find this story again. Needless to say, the story was memorable! Now that I've found it, I discover it was actually a prequel. To those of you who have re ...more
Morgan
Jan 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite series as a young adult, and rereading it, I love it just as much. This prequel is a set of stories showing how Keill Randor grows up to be the man he is in the Last Legionary quartet... a man guided by self-control and determination to do his part.
Jacey
I'm trying to get round to a number of books that have been sitting on my bookshelf for years making me feel guilty. This is one such. I read one or two of Hill's Last Legionary Quartet many years ago and enjoyed them. This is a 1982 prequel collection of stories about the training of the legionary who was to become the last of his kind, published by Piccolo, a junior imprint of Gollancz..

There are four stories, each taking a snapshot of Keill Randor's life, one age 12 as he takes the dangerous
Matthew Sampson
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My dad has often talked about a series of books from his childhood which have stuck with him throughout his life, and I've always wanted to read it—but he couldn't remember the series titles. Recently he recalled the word "legionnaire"; I found the series with a Google search and bought the ebooks straight away.

Young Legionary is a prequel to the Last Legionary series.
Donna
Mar 18, 2009 rated it liked it
The book reminded me of some of Andre Norton's books for young adults. It is a fun read about an adolescent on a harsh planet who raise their children to be able to protect themselves. The goal of most is to young the Legion and serve as a mercenary to bring in income for the planet. The story is written in episodes taken along the journey to become a cadet.
G.M.
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite authors and one of my Top 10 Book Series! Love this book!
Geoff
Jul 02, 2013
Eachan Harrison
Jan 16, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Douglas Arthur Hill (6 April 1935 – 21 June 2007) was a Canadian science fiction author, editor and reviewer. He was born in Brandon, Manitoba, the son of a railroad engineer, and was raised in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. An avid science fiction reader from an early age, he studied English at the University of Saskatchewan (where he earned an Honours B.A. in 1957) and at the University of Toronto ...more
More about Douglas Arthur Hill...

Last Legionary (5 books)
  • Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary, #1)
  • Deathwing Over Veynaa (Last Legionary, #2)
  • Day of the Starwind (Last Legionary, #3)
  • Planet of the Warlord (Last Legionary, #4)