Start by marking “The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned” as Want to Read:

The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles #1-3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  11,294 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews
The hypnotic, deeply seductive novels of Anne Rice have captivated millions of fans around the world. It all began a quarter of a century ago with Interview with the Vampire. Now, in one chilling volume, here are the first three classic novels of The Vampire Chronicles.

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
Witness the confessions of a vampire. A novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonis
Published May 25th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published 1989)

Samuel García
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic trilogy. "Interview with the Vampire" is its own beast, while the other two go hand to hand as Lestat's answer to Louis' chronicle. While "Interview with the Vampire" is the better known of all the Vampire Chronicles, and the story is very good, Louis' bleak and whiny vision of the world drags down the reading experience. Lestat, on the other hand, enhances his own story, making it a very fun read. Best of the three would be the last one, "The Queen of the Damned", but you do need to r ...more
Dynasty Carfangnia
Anne Rice, you are the queen of vampire stories.
Alejandro
Done with Interview with the Vampire! I'd read it so long ago that I had forgotten a great deal of it, which left me with the same feeling of satisfaction you get when reading a new book. And I really enjoyed it -again. A reminder that vampires are supposed to be these cold, dead, murderous creatures; and not the pretty young playthings from most contemporary vampire stories. Now, on to the Lestat novel!

Update- Done with The Vampire Lestat. Not bad, but I have to say it wasn't quite as satisfyin
Aurea
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O.k if you *are* going to read something written by Anne Rice, do yourself a favor and read this three books. The rest of the chronicles I'm afraid are centered in the character's old past dwellings and in case that you like lestat -who becomes this super-marysue-laughable character, btw-, or fancied any of the other characters, these are the three books you *want to read*

Absolutely a must if you like vampire novels. Even when the author has grown to be a hated character, she redefined the genre
Adeelizabeth
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While the first one is definitely the best, they all deserve 5 stars from me. I love Anne Rice's dark, mystical, romantic style. Great great stories.
Caroline Åsgård
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just copying my reviews on the individual books here:

I've actually never read this before! Crazy, right? The movie has been stuck in my mind since I was a little girl, so it was WAY overdue that I read it. I liked it! In some parts it gave more inside and background story compared to the movie, and in some parts not. I have no idea what the next books are about, so I'll get started on that!

A very interesting read! You get to see the other side of the story. The first book was obviously just Loui
Victoria
This omnibus edition, though a bit weighty, is a convenient way to carry the first three books in Rice’s Vampire Chronicles series. It is ideal for reading them back-to-back, but it does still contain three separate and complete books:

Interview with a Vampire: This is another one of the few books that I was familiar with the movie long before reading the book. In fact, the book has been on my to-read pile because of the movie for quite a long time. And actually, I enjoyed the novel even more tha
Joe Vasquez
Oct 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-1
Author: Anne Rice
Genre: Science fiction
Rating: 4 stars

In the beginning we meet the Vampire named Lestat. He tells us about his life when he was a young boy, but does not spend too much time on that subject. He goes on and talks about his adventure with his pet dogs into the woods to hunt a few wolves that keep attacking the village. His mother and father order him to go and slay the creatures, so they send him off wit a mare and a nice, powerful gun. He finds out that there are nine wolves, and
Samantha
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interview with a Vampire- I really liked this book it was as it was described on the back horrible in places but extremely compelling. I didnt find Louis melancholy to draining. But I do wander if this interview was the last thing he did before he was ready to end his life.

The Vampire Lestat- I think he is quite honestly insane. But I suppose that you can understand the torture of seeing time passing and you remaining the same but i am so glad that we find out that Louis is ok and Gabrielle is s
Kenneth Pierce
Fine. . .I admit it. I read all three. And they weren't that bad. Except for Queen of the Damned, which i likened to a snowball rolling down a mountain, gradually gaining in size and speed until it destroys a peaceful village below. Only the snowball is made of vampires. And it sucks. Lestat was the best of the three.

There. I finally said it. Wow, that's a massive weight off my shoulders.
Jordan
Sep 05, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans, anne rice fans
Shelves: vampire, series
I got this book for Christmas and I only recently got into it. I have read Interview with a Vampire and enjoyed it very much. I'm about a 1/4 of the way through The Vampire Lestat and am enjoying that very much. It's good to get some foundation on Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles since I have read several of her other books before these 3. It's taking me so long to finish it because it is a bulky volume and not easy to lug around when traveling.
Belinda Long
Aug 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: casual-reading
I am currently only on page 62 of Interview with the Vampire. Already, I can say that this is a compelling read with a lot of philosophical and ethical pondering. It has certainly made me stop reading from time to time and examine my own ethics and philosophies. Already I can see how immortality gives Vampires an eternity to ponder things, and the conclusions they come to ring true even in mortality.
Chris
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror
Annie Rice's Vampire is one of lust and Romance. She brings in the era of the Vampire, a new craze that brings about the likes of Twilight Series and the Vampire Diaries. She gave the vampires a face and really shows the true life of a vampire. A fantasy world that is fun to read and without teen drama. Great read and wonderful stories!
Mary
Aug 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interview with the Vampire was a twisted and disturbing book and I almost did not read on. Since I bought the trilogy all in the same book, I felt like I had to finish the whole thing otherwise I'd be giving up mid-book. I'm so glad I read on because The Vampire Lestat is a much better story and so far I am enjoying The Queen of the Damned.
Suzie
Dec 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-graphic
My family could tell you some stories about me reading these books, but I have to put them on my list because they did profoundly affect me at the time I read them, although it wasn't necessarily for good. I can't deny though that Anne Rice is a very gifted writer and establishes very, very interesting, fascinating characters and stories.
Kelli
Mar 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Anne Rice and the entire Vampire Chronicles. Interview with the Vampire movie is one of my favorite movies. These books are captivating, dark, and beautiful. I fell in love with some of the characters.
Shal
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Words can't describe how much I loved these three books (put into one simple convenient package!) My favorite of all of them has to be The Vampire Lestat. It completely repainted my image of him from the villian he was in the first book into this deep intriguing epitome of everything human.
Latin Temptress
Feb 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne Rice is my all time fave writer. The Vampire Chronicles was awesome even if the movies sucked. Read also The Mayfair Witches chronicles and the Taltos chronicles, she truly is an amazing writer.
Laurel Pink
Aug 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love almost every Anne Rice I have layed eyes upon. The Vampire Lestat is still my favourite. oui oui.
meaghan
Okay, I like vampires... What can I say?
M.H.S. Pourri
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne Rice is amazing. At first, I had a hatred for vampires till I read the series and I had a compassion and love for them.
Tony Canas
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed having all 3 books in one book. Took me a while to get through all 3 of them and I'm not a huge fan of the middle one but overall an awesome set of novels.
Princessfaz
May 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books and couldnt put down "Vampire Lestat", it was a real page turner. These were the first vampire books I read so they hold a special place in my heart. :)
Jayne Pixton
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is very well written, I love Lestat would have to be my FAVOURITE vampires ever. I recomend this book to everyone becuase of the way it was written.
Uniquely Tahira  Namreen
this collection of vampire tales by Anne Rice starts off with the story:Interview with the vampire,
In 1791, Louis was a young indigo plantation owner living south of New Orleans, Louisiana. Distraught with guilt over the suicidal death of his younger brother and seeking death in any way possible, Louis is approached by a vampire named Lestat, who desires for Louis company. Lestat turns Louis into a vampire (although initially Louis merely begs to be killed) and the two become immortal companions
Amber Daulton
I've heard so much about Anne Rice's vampire books and I've seen the movies, but I'm disappointed with the three books in this volume. I don't like the writing style and the violence was too much for me at times. On the other hand, all three books were very compelling and I became invested in the characters and their well-being. I HAD to continue reading to find out what happened to them even though I really didn't want to finish the volume.
3 stars

Disclaimer – I received this book as a gift from
Janelle Samara
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I grew up reading Anne Rice, even though it was far from age appropriate. But I read too much to not pick up my mother's well-worn paperbacks of Anne Rice and Stephen King.

I love these first three. I've bought them all at least three or four times as my copies got too worn and fell apart. Good thing I have a Kindle edition now! I've re-read these three books more than any other trilogy or series. Every three to five years, I binge read them again.

The tales are enchanting and engaging. The char
Adam Singer
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I only read the first one. It was kind of beautiful. Disturbing too, but I found myself really caring about the charcters and thinking deeply about life, death, and violence. That makes it a 5 star book in mind.
Haley
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it-read, series
See individual reviews.
Katelynn
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author: Anne Rice
Genre: YA, Horror, Action,Fiction
As a vampire who never dies, never ages, lives forever, You learn a few things. The struggle Of always hiding, gets easier through out time, the pain of being alone for all of eternity as well gets easier. not to mention, if you tired to tell someone..they would not believe you, and if they did, they would cast you out, and try to kill, or worse control you."the world changes, we do not, therein lies the irony that kills us." it is now the 20th c
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Help 2 15 Feb 19, 2015 10:14AM
What's the truth between the Vampire Chronicles characters? 2 8 Nov 15, 2013 10:19PM
  • Wicked / Son of a Witch (The Wicked Years, #1-2)
  • Five Novels: Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations
  • American Gods / Anansi Boys: Coffret, 2 volumes
  • Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels
  • Jurassic World: Jurassic Park / The Lost World
  • Jules Verne Seven Novels
  • Carrie / 'Salem's Lot / The Shining
  • Jane Austen: Seven Novels
  • Classic American Short Stories
  • The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/The Prince & the Pauper
  • H.P. Lovecraft:  The Complete Fiction
  • Classic Fairy Tales
  • H.G. Wells: Seven Novels
  • Jane Eyre / Les Hauts de Hurle-Vent / Agnes Grey
  • Dracula and Other Horror Stories
  • The Vampire Chronicles: The Queen of the Damned, Interview with the Vampire, the Vampire Lestat, etc
  • Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)
Anne Rice (born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien) is a best-selling American author of gothic, supernatural, historical, erotica, and later religious themed books. Best known for The Vampire Chronicles, her prevailing thematical focus is on love, death, immortality, existentialism, and the human condition. She was married to poet Stan Rice for 41 years until his death in 2002. Her books have sold near ...more
More about Anne Rice...

The Vampire Chronicles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • The Tale of the Body Thief (The Vampire Chronicles, #4)
  • Memnoch the Devil (The Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • The Vampire Armand (The Vampire Chronicles, #6)
  • Merrick (The Vampire Chronicles #7)
  • Blood And Gold (The Vampire Chronicles, #8)
  • Blackwood Farm (The Vampire Chronicles, #9)
  • Blood Canticle (The Vampire Chronicles, #10)

“I don’t know whether I’m the hero or the victim of this tale. But either way, shouldn’t I dominate it? I’m the one really telling it, after all.” 2 likes
“how do you go on breathing and moving and doing things when you know there is no explanation?” 2 likes