Start by marking “Megan's Hero” as Want to Read:
Megan's Hero

Megan's Hero (The Callahans of Texas #3)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  965 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
In this contemporary romance set in West Texas, a wealthy young rancher rescues a girl down on her luck. Will her life be changed forever?
Published June 1st 2011 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Megan's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Megan's Hero

Victoria Bylin
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know what I love most about Sharon's books? The stories are gentle, sweet and yet so full love you feel the characters in your bones. If I had to pick one word to sum it up, that word would be "grace." Graceful writing. A graceful message. A heroine in need of grace and a hero and family who are quick to give it. "Megan's Hero" is the perfect conclusion to the Callahan trilogy.
Karen
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once agian God worked a Miracle to show himself to a young lady that didn't believe. He showed himself in so many ways it was heart warming through and through.

I feel these three books should and could become the next great family tv show.
Kav
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I try to vary my retro reading so I can offer a variety of genres in my Saturday giveaways. For that reason I tried my hardest to resist the siren call of this last book in The Callahans of Texas series. I only lasted two weeks. If you've read any of this series, you'll understand why I caved. Seriously, who in their right mind can ignore a swoonworthy cowboy hero? Not me! And Sharon Gillenwater writes the swooniest!

This story has a heart as big as Texas. It's showcased in the sweet small-town
Kame
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book! It was my favorite of the Callahan's of Texas series.

It takes place one year after Emily's Chance. Megan is a young unwed mother that must find a safe place during a tornado. After God spares her and her unborn child she promises to get to know God. And off she goes walking to find help, to be found by Will Callahan.

Megan left a horrible home life at 16 - her home life was the opposite of everything Will knew growing up. But somehow her true heart comes forward, but her past
Kristyn
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the series! Through the rest of the other books, Will seems more serious and reserved. But he ends up being the sweetest, biggest softie of them all! I thought the shopping chapter was so cute. I really liked Megan too, and all of the characters throughout these books.

The series has real-acting, sounding people, with realistic lives. Quite refreshing and interesting. A lot of research (or personal experience) has gone into all three books with the farming, ranching, and cowboy exp
Polly
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in the series. I loved it. From the exciting, scary miracle that was the start of the book, to the wonderful family scene at the end. These books by Ms Gillenwater are wonderful. Each one a rich tapestry of a story centered around the Callahan family, their love for each other and for God.
Ashley LaCombe
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of Christian romance then you will like this book. I really enjoyed it, I just wish there was a little more conflict then there was...it was a little predictable but overall a good book :)
Virna
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this story is sweet with a good message about god ,and great ending .
Guadalupe Long
Book was better than the second book but not as good as first. Still a good Christian romance very sweet. I enjoyed the ending and the epilogue was a treat glimpse into all their futures!
Laura's Book Addiction
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2011
I loved it so sad to see this series end.
Ellen Ramey
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this entire series. Stories of faith, hope, courage and love. Thank you, Ms. Gillenwater. I've already downloaded your other available Kindle works.
Charlotte
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good clean love story. Thought the author could have made it more suspenseful. Overall a good book, great characters, good storyline.
Anita-maree
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this series... first lot of books of yours i have read and i loved them.. i will have a look at what other novels you have.. thank you
The Literary Maidens
// Review By Madi //

I love this book so much! This entire series is great. The other two books in this trilogy are Jenna's Cowboy and Emily's Chance, and I have read them both, but this has to be my favorite out of the three. I've read "Jenna's Cowboy" and "Emily's Chance" multiple times, but my library didn't have Megan's Hero so I just bought it (a bit frivolous I know, but I had to know how the Callahan's story ended!). And I'm so glad that I splurged a little bit, it was totally worth it! Wi
Seven
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am reading this in reverse chronological order, now I got spoilers for first and second book (ू︿ ू). I should've look this up on goodreads first, I thought this is a stand alone. Anyway I am lost in the story of Megan and Will. The story talks about faith, hope, friendship, love and many more. But what I admire most is faith, not just faith in others but faith in God. I have read another book that involves faith in God too but it has some mishaps that had me waver my faith.. not really waver b ...more
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: MEGAN’S HERO
Author: Sharon Gillenwater
Publisher: Revell
June 2011
ISBN: 978-1-8007-3355-1
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance

Megan Smith is pregnant and on the run. She’s not sure where she’s going, but she had to get out of her apartment, give up her job, and has been living in her van. But a tornado in West Texas blows the windows out of her van and she takes cover in a bar ditch, begging God to spare her baby.

Will Callahan finds her on the road, and he makes sure she gets taken to
Jan Mcleod
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This final book mainly focuses on Will, eldest Callaghan son. We see a different side of him than we did in the first two books where he was more serious and sedate. He rescues Megan from the ravages of a tornado, and though she is pregnant with another man's child, Will wants to get to know her. In the process, he falls in love with her and is very protective of her in a loving, soft, tenderhearted way.
He prays the God has brought them together for a reason, not just for his family to help her
Nancy Stopper
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think what I liked most about this book is how the relationship between the female character and God was different in each book of the trilogy. In book one, Jenna's relationship with God was long-standing. In book 2, Emily had come to Christ as a young adult, after living a "less than pure" life. In book 3, Megan came to God at the beginning at throughout the book. Each started the story in a different place and had different struggled to overcome. I liked Will a lot in this story and happy he ...more
Pattianne
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MEGAN'S HERO - THE CALLAHANS OF TEXAS #3 - (Megan and Will)

Six months pregnant, unmarried, broke, and alone, Megan Smith doesn't think things can get much worse--and then they do. Stuck on the road without shelter when a tornado appears, Megan barely escapes with her life. And when Will Callahan comes upon her in the road, her life will never be the same. While staying at the Callahan family ranch, she finds herself daring to love again, even while she suspects that Will's affection for her can'
Brenda Morgan Weakley
Megan's Hero

I have so loved reading the Callahan series. Reading Will and Megan's story was so much fun. Wil wondering if God was ever going to bring him a wife to love and also feeling like a fifth wheel. Megan alone, pregnant, scared, broke, and not knowing God, headed toward a wonderful future she has no idea is waiting for her. Reading there BEAUTIFUL love story that God brought about. First bringing Will to the rescue and second Megan calling out to God. I enjoyed laughing with them and rea
JaneReads
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
The book starts our with Megan being 6-months pregnant, alone and not knowing where to go and then gets caught in a tornado storm and had to take shelter in the ditch along the side of the road. While she is there she experiences God's mercy and promises her life to him. After the storm she meets Will and he offers her so much hope but she can she trust him or will he turn out to be like everyone else she has known? I really felt for Megan, she has experienced hurt so much. I loved that the fami ...more
Jeannie Lee
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, romance
This book was extremely touching. I found myself in tears several times as I pondered how bleak life would be for Megan before she came to Callahan Crossing. I really enjoyed the developing romance between Megan and Chance. Having read the other books in the series, it was so fun to have the entire clan in the book, making it feel like I was watching it really happen instead of reading a fictional story. There was no real difficult complication that had to be dealt with, only Megan learning to b ...more
Elisabeth
My favorite of the series since Will seemed the most flawed to me. During the reading though, I realized what my issues were with the first two-the romances were so short!

Granted, in Jenna's Cowboy, Jenna and Nate had known each others since they were teenagers but as stated in my review of that book, there was no "will they/won't they" apprehension. In Emily's Chance and Megan's Hero though, the main characters knew each other for only a few weeks before getting married. Not just engaged but al
Barbara Bouchelle
A very happy, clean ,"feel good" book I enjoyed. very much!

This is the first review I have ever written and I really felt like it was a blessing. I can't think of anything I disliked about it. The characters were real and likeable
And the story was entertaining

Barbara Bouchelle

Tammi
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I loved this entire series! The setting is Texas Ranch country and the story is contemporary. The Callahans of Texas Series are the first books I've read by Sharon Gillenwater and I loved each book. Each book focuses on an adult child of Dub and Sue Callahan. I cannot recommend this entire series highly enough! I'll certainly be reading more by this author.
Regan Alward
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourite series! It is a great read and is good if your looking for a romance that also incorporates the ideas of christianity. I highly recommend not just Megan's Hero but also the other two books in the series.

I also think that it would be awesome if the author developed a fourth book for the series to look at what happens after a few years. (just a thought!).
Carolyn Adams
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. I have read all three Callshans of Texas books and lock forward to more of them. I like the religious facts and no exploits sex.

I would recommend this series to everyone who likes good and wholesome books. Will be reading more of this author in the furure
Nellie
Jul 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun series. I would read more from this author. Cute, clean romances. Christian theme.
Megan is caught in a tornado, and tries to save a trucker who is also hurt. She is rescued by Will, but she is very pregnant.
Kara O'Bryan
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this whole series, the intensity and passion. Really good book
  • Hello, Hollywood! (Backstage Pass, #2)
  • A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre, #3)
  • Clueless Cowboy (South Dakota Weddings #2)
  • Fair Valley Refuge (The Shepherd's Heart #3)
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • When Two Hearts Meet (Colorado Runaway, #3)
  • The Jewel of His Heart (Heart of the West, #2)
  • Walker's Wedding (The Western Sky Series, #3)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
  • Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar, #3)
  • As Love Blooms (The Gregory Sisters, #3)
aka Sharon Harlow

Bestselling author Sharon Gillenwater writes stories about love—between a man and a woman, of family and home, and the everlasting love of God and Jesus.

She grew up on a ranch in the Rolling Plains of West Texas, near the small town of Colorado City. Marriage took her across the country, but Texas is still dear to her heart. All of her Christian contemporary romances and most of h
More about Sharon Gillenwater

The Callahans of Texas (3 books)
  • Jenna's Cowboy (The Callahans of Texas, #1)
  • Emily's Chance (The Callahans of Texas, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • Once Upon a Prince
    $9.99 $0.99
  • To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)