Start by marking “Sleep: Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer: Secrets to Getting Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
From the bestselling Baby Whisperer franchise, a concise and comprehensive guide to getting your baby to sleep through the night—available exclusively as an ebook.

"I can't get my five-week-old to sleep in her crib"
"My six-week-old resists his naps"
"My baby is three months old and is still waking up throughout the night"

Sleep is the number one issue that plagues parents
Published July 12th 2011 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep

Noémy
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful but a little stress-inducing too. I went into this book because i've been very interested into parenting books and the likes, since i've become a mom, and even if my son doesn't really have troubles sleeping, i'm always looking into different ways on how to just do things the best way I can for my baby. But though I thought that Tracy Hogg's advice were handy and helpful it was also very limited. I'm just a very anxious type of person so if my son's profile didn't fit the pattern describe ...more
Googie DEsigns
informative read but I do agree with some of the other reviews about the author playing blame on parents and also inducing some stress. most of what I've gleaned from this and other sleep training tips and method is that they all emphasis having a routine. what type of routine seems to be based on what works best but promotes sleep time. although my baby is only 5 weeks old and too young to sleep train, I've noticed she does respond to having a darkened area, especially at night, with sleeping. ...more
Kathleen
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby, 2015-read
Useful, well worth the Kindle price, but also anger-inducing in that it seems to blame parents for all babies' sleeping problems. I can almost picture the author rolling her eyes at her clients. "You DON'T have your baby on a 4-hour feeding schedule?" Kind of condescending but also has helpful tips. I would pick some recs and ignore others, such as having a baby fall asleep ON A PILLOW on the floor and then transferring both to a crib. Pick up/put down method very helpful! I did s modified versi ...more
Anna Redman
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
As with most parenting books you have to judge what works for you, your partner, your child and all the many variables. This book comes across quite no-nonsense, you want to be fairly confident I your parenting to be able to take away the information without crumbling under the ideas of trust, comfort and weak will-power. Whilst the EASY routine was something appealing there are other tips that were not. I think it is important to note this book was published a while ago and new parents should t ...more
Tara
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book gave a lot of useful, practical information that may appear to be common sense, but in the heat of the "crying" moment we parents forget. Tracy Hogg came across as a kind soul who loved and respected people of all ages. I really appreciated that she did not take a hard line on breastfeeding and admitted that it is more important for families to do what is necessary for them.
Christen Sarah
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read that gives me some tools to consider with my 9-mo old. She has never been a great sleeper and I think this book will help. I have not yet tried her techniques, but they seem logical and I would feel comfortable with helping my little one to sleep in such a gentle and reassuring way.
Lindsey Harkness
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, parenting
Life-changing!!! Short, sweet and straight to the point. Her methods aren't easy but they're effective and don't involve traumatizing your baby by having him "cry it out" on his own. My 5 mo old has never napped in his crib, and 2 days after picking up this book he's napping in it as I type!
Vicky Ashwell
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
A very quick read. Lots of useful tips and great to keep as reference. I'm still pregnant and so don't know exactly how useful it will be but it seemed to make a lot of sense.
Krystol Bell
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great quick, to the point book on sleep. Using the tools instantly transformed our 10 week old from a terrible sleeper to a great one. Best $3.99 I ever spent!
Lindsay Malouf
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Only took about an hour to read and I felt it gave me the tools to get Lily sleeping through the night again!
Becca
May 17, 2016
Mrs M Greenwood
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tracy Hogg obtained her nursing degree in England, specializing in maternity and neonatal care. Her uncanny ability to understand and calm babies led to her nickname "The Baby Whisperer." In 1997, she founded Baby Technique, through which she consults with parents individually, organizes and teaches group classes, and provides nanny training and referrals. She is the mother of two daughters.
Tracy