Start by marking “Feet of Clay” as Want to Read:
Feet of Clay

Feet of Clay

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Galvin Cloud -- a shy young magazine writer -- is unexpectedly offered a chance to interview his favorite author, he ought to be delighted. Instead, he’s terrified. Galvin has always idolized Spike Radcliff, but the idea of actually meeting him face to face is overwhelming...and despite the sensitivity of his prose, Spike has a reputation for being a surly, reclusive ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Feet of Clay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feet of Clay

Tam
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is an interesting story of two very flawed men who can maybe make each other stronger. Galvin is a young man who is barely functioning on his own, suffering from anxiety and other, you presume, mental health issues which seem to be worse since his father commited suicide ten years ago. However his dream comes true when the boss of the small paper he works at has gotten permission for an interview with Galvin’s favourite author. Spike’s books got Galvin through some of the roughtest times of ...more
Cole Riann

This is a beautiful and moving story. I rarely cry when reading, and I usually find that I'm crying out of sadness with frustration, that the story is somehow stuck on something horrible, but this time it felt like a release. The whole story is about a release -- the release of fear, frustration, stagnation, and most of all self-consciousness and self-pity. I often have a difficult time reading about very broken characters, no matter how much I might sympathize with them, simply becaus
DL
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Once again, I had the opposite reaction to a book than 98% of the other readers. This was May/December first of all, which I suppose I could have Guessed at from the blurb, but didn't realize. Secondly, I didn't connect with the characters. There was a whole lot of baggage and even more melodrama.
Lucy
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5. This story of damaged, wounded souls made me question, if people who commit suicide knew how much it would affect those left behind, the devastation of such intermitable length, would they still go through with it? Would the ending of their pain be considered worth the burden of pain they leave behind?
Lady*M
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it

I've read a few Amanda Steiger's paranormal and fantasy stories and things that I liked about them were sufficient to make me curious about her latest offering – a contemporary novella titled Feet of Clay.

Twenty-year-old Galvin is working part-time in a literary magazine. He has moved out of his mother's house a couple years ago and is trying to make a living on his own. At the beginning of the story, it is clear that Galvin suffers from psychological problems caused by a trauma whose a
Mel Bradley
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a very short read – about 79 pages or so, and I was wishing that it was longer. Steiger wrote a beautiful story with all of the necessary elements, jammed into a short read. The characters were both complicated and relate-able, even if the circumstances were a bit unrealistic. As you read it, you’re not stumbling over sex or the relationship like so many short stories tend to do – the relationship develops with time, and happens only when forced.

The prose was well written and somewhat i
Ami
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
The two main MCs are pretty damaged; with self-issues of their own. Galvin is haunted by the death of his father, after committing suicide 10 years ago. And he never feels that he is worthy of anyone's love. The only savior in his life is Spike's books. On the other hand, Spike suffers from deep fear that he will end up hurting anyone he loves, since he cannot forget the death of his lover years before.

This book is pretty emotional -- I read it with my heart feeling squeezed all the tim
Laura M
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
Really enjoyed the book. Both men have baggage and feel like they don't deserve love, but manage to start dealing with their issues because of their attraction for, and acceptance of each other. Although it is a short story, the men work together for a time (weeks) before becoming lovers - which gives the feeling that there is more than lust involved - the sex is intense, but gentle, as it probably should be for men who are healing. The dialogue is good, and the descriptions of the men and their ...more
Tame
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rachel Emily
Wow. This was a very emotional, angsty, beautifully written book. It definitely packs a punch, and I absolutely loved the realness, flaws, insecurities, just everything about both characters. Excellent read, I definitely recommend it.
Daanquai
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was a little angsty but the author handled it really well that I didn't need a box of tissues. The MCs had a ton of baggage for sure but once they started recognizing their attraction for each other, it seemed their healing had begun.

Loved this book.
Gaa-chan
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
V
Very moving story about two damaged characters.http://www.goodreads.com/review/edit/...#
Meggie
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: favorites
Whoa, what a book. Such emotional state of every written word. I'm believe this story is amazing piece of work! And I DEFINITELY recommend it on!!
Staceyr
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Phew. Intensely emotional. Loved these incredibly fractured characters--HOPING this is a SERIES...PLEASE. Want to see more of Spike and Galvin as they delve into their new relationship.
Nerine Petros
Yoshi
Kyra
Jun 21, 2011
Tris
rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2011
Oct 14, 2011
Lisiczka
Oct 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Amanda Steiger has lived in the Midwest her whole life, though she enjoys regular visits to other galaxies and dimensions in her mind. She enjoys cold weather, daydreaming, supernatural romance, and anime. She lives with her family and one very spoiled little dog. You can contact her at sekuiro@comcast.net.