Start by marking “I'm Gonna Live my Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song” as Want to Read:
I'm Gonna Live my Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

I'm Gonna Live my Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  283 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The first book in Di Island Song Series, "I'm Gonna Live My Life Like A Jimmy Buffett Song" begins the adventures of Jack Danielson. Jack always thought he had the perfect recipe for happiness; a serious career, a tall, skinny, blonde girlfriend, and a condo full of Ikea furniture. But an icy Minnesota freeway and a Peterbilt truck makes him rethink his life, and he sets o ...more
Published (first published March 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Gonna Live my Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Gonna Live my Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song

Angela
Jun 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm an official card-carrying Parrothead, and as such, I shouldn't be quite so pedantic. Yet I am, and I really wanted to love this book but I couldn't because the spelling, punctuation, and factual errors in this book drove me mad. It's "peek," not "peak" when used to mean "a quick look." It's "its," not "it's" when used as a possessive. Jimmy Buffett may have been born in Pascagoula, but he considers Mobile/Fairhope, AL to be his hometown. And on and on.

Still, it was a quick and cute read tha
Rocket Moe
My favorite quote from the book was this, "The beach was the beach, the ocean was the ocean, and the place were the two meet is magical."
Kevin McGinn
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read but it wasn’t the best written book. I am also trying to live my life like a Jimmy Buffett song but I am not having a mid life crisis like this character. It was fun traveling around with him to NOLA, the Caribbean, all around Florida and ending in Key West.
Therese Davis
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Review imo

I forced myself to keep reading, sort of like when you pass by a car accident -you want to look but hope everyone is okay.
This is one of those times when I should have just kept driving.
Regina
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful, fast, amusing read. It makes you think about what you would do if you suddenly, after a near-death experience, realized how lacking your life actually was. Could you just gave up all real world responsibilities and go/do whatever you wanted for a while? While I'd love to think I could, I don't think I'd have the courage to be so free. So, maybe it's not for me. But, absolutely loved living vicariously through the author's travels to New Orleans, Mexico, Jamaica, and Florida ...more
Nena Stillwell
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like a mini vacation! You could almost smell the salty air and taste the margaritas. Witty and so descriptive it reminded me of the manner Hemingway had of putting you into a single sense be it taste or sight or sound. The only thing I could have hoped for was that it hadn't ended so soon.
Paul Pivovarnik
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great entertaining read for all Parrotheads
Trent Munger
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book tempted me...not sure in a good way:p Fun to read. Love the KW bar tips in the back. Gotta check out his song, too. And the two sequels.
LouAnn Cox
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading this first book I was hooked!!! I am an avid fan of Jimmy Buffet, sandy beaches And rum!!!! Couldn't wait foer more!!!!
Stacey
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
a perfectly silly beach read. Totally speaks to the hidden bar fly beach bum I keep locked in deepest parts of my personality. Taken out only on those rare tropical vacations and hot, lazy summer Saturdays when a margarita and Jimmy Buffett on the stereo make for a perfect day. If all that makes sense to you, or if you are actually living the beach bar lifestyle, this book is like coming home.
Drew
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I have it on my “Beach” shelf where I go when I want an escape from the day to day. It’s a fun story about leaving it all behind and living like there is no tomorrow. I laughed in a number of places and just had a lot of fun reading it. A very quick read.
Nick Nelson
This book keeps me in" Island Time" loved it! Keep 'em coming!
Ellen
Nov 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
I should've reread "Tales from Margaritaville" instead.
Dave Bonenfant
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good read. funny and smart. really liked it, but i'm a closet parrothead which helps.
Lisa
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
An ok, super quick read. Kind of fun to think about giving it all up and hitting the road.
A.N. Busch
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Great read!
Mike
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! This is how I want to live my life.......
Libby Parsons
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Like the light nature of this book. Good way to get away from reality for a little while.
Alan
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great book for escaping the everyday grind
Penny
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun easy read about running away from your troubles. Made me wish I was able to do the same. Good winter blah read.
Nicholas Nelson
This book was awesome. I came back from the keys and was struck with a tropical depression. This cured that right up!
Bonnie Irwin
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Perfect little book to read on a Key West vacation...or while dreaming of one.
Jonathan
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great summer read...loved it wish I could live it!
Steve
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comedy
If you like a light-hearted, easy to read, funny book, this will be right up your alley. I enjoyed it.
Wendy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Included some good info about Key West at the end.
Autumn
  • The Road to Key West
  • Flirting with Mermaids: The Unpredictable Life of a Sailboat Delivery Skipper
  • The Blind Masseuse: A Traveler's Memoir from Costa Rica to Cambodia
  • The Best American Travel Writing 2010
  • The Parrot Talks In Chocolate (The Life And Times Of A Hawaiian Tiki Bar)
  • A Pirate Looks at Fifty
  • Key Weird
  • Key West, Tequila, a Pinch of Salt and a Quirky Slice of America
  • Green To Go (Buck Reilly Adventure #2)
  • The Motion of the Ocean: 1 Small Boat, 2 Average Lovers, and a Woman's Search for the Meaning of Wife
  • Bumfuzzle - Just out looking for Pirates
  • Happier Than a Billionaire: Quitting My Job, Moving to Costa Rica, and Living the Zero Hour Work Week
  • The Best American Travel Writing 2011
  • Mile Marker Zero
  • If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It Isn't Big Enough: A Solo Journey Around the World
  • Miami Fire (Manny Williams, #8)
  • Hawk Channel Chase
  • Leap of Faith: Quit Your Job and Live on a Boat
“All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego. Brains don't mean shit.” 0 likes