Start by marking “Notes from My Kitchen Table” as Want to Read:
Notes from My Kitchen Table

Notes from My Kitchen Table

Gwyneth Paltrow is an icon of style and taste around the world. But for her, family comes above everything, and cooking and eating together are the key ingredients of a happy home. Now she has put her passion for food into her first cookbook which is full of 150 fresh, original and practical recipes.
Published April 1st 2011 by Boxtree, Limited

To ask other readers questions about Notes from My Kitchen Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notes from My Kitchen Table

Philippa
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I originally wrote this off as yet another celebrity cookbook: glad I gave it a go as it's excellent. Loads of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free recipes, and a lovely insight into GP's life, showing a very different side of her. The stories about her father are very touching, and the story of her last meal with him had me in tears.
Sharlene
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cookbooks like this have a story to tell. By reading this you learn about Gwyneth Paltrow's upbringing and the love she has for family, especially her father.
The recipes all look and sound delicious.

It became quite a scandal that Gwyneth did not write this book alone. I'm not sure why there was so much drama around this. She says it right from the get go that she had someone helping her with this. She also couldn't try all the recipes herself as she is a vegetarian or vegan.

The cover definitely
Leta
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I picked this book up at the library I didn't know what to expect. But Gwyneth has produced a high quality cookbook. It is made up of simple recipes with short interesting anecdotes and lots of recipe photos.
She does try and make the recipes some-what healthy but still delicious. For example: she shares her mother's recipe for traditional blueberry muffins, and on the following page, her 'a little more healthy' version. I have made both versions and both are equally scrumptious.
If it cost
Jamie
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it
This book is nice, I suppose, if you like Gwyneth Paltrow. And I do, hence why I bought it, but as a cookbook, it's pretty dire. Most of the recipes are just common sense, like assembling salads and sandwiches. There was about three recipes in total that I wanted to try, the others didn't sway me in the slightest. The anecdotes are sweet, but seem a bit forced sometimes. And the constant health reminders are quite annoying. I'll give this 3 stars, and that's just because I like her. Stick to the ...more
Vanessa
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, how-to
The recipes are pretty basic, but there are a lot of other basic cookbooks available. I definitely feel like you're paying for Paltrow and pictures of her, rather than quality recipes. Nothing from it made it to the table without being pretty heavily modified. I don't really like that the attempts to make healthier recipes involved leaving less healthy ingredients out without adding more vegetables or spices to make up for the loss of flavor.
Ashley Turner
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Check out my full review and photos from the recipes I've made so far on Pink Julep: http://www.pinkjulepabroad.com/2013/0...
Serena Edwards
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love her books, she makes lovely hearty recipes and the books are lovely
Judi Mckay
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Full of brilliant recipes for healthy but delicious eating. I am a convert!
Shannan

• Delia Smith's Winter Collection: 150 Recipes for Winter
  • Chinese Food Made Easy
  • The Meat Free Monday Cookbook
  • Notes from the Larder: A Kitchen Diary with Recipes
  • Mary Berry 100 Cakes and Bakes (My Kitchen Table)
Gwyneth Kate Paltrow is an American actress.

The daughter of Bruce Paltrow and Blythe Danner, Paltrow dropped out of her university to follow an acting career. She began her career in theatre in 1990, and made her film debut the following year. Her early films include such successes as Se7en (1995), Emma (1996), in which she played the title role, and Sliding Doors (1998). Her performance in Shakes