Start by marking “Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)

Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,003 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews

RITA Award winner Jodi Thomas continues her Whispering Mountain series with this second installment. Horse breeder Tobin McMurray doesn't venture too far

from his homestead. But when a Texas senator offers Tobin handsome compensation to deliver a horse to his daughter and teach her how to ride, he grudgingly agrees. Soon Tobin finds himself falling in love with the beautifu

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published July 15th 2010 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Princess

Fani *loves angst*
This started extremelly well, only to have the heroine make a couple of stupid decisions near the end. It seems my fate to run into TSTL heroines lately:) Plus the ending was anticlimatic with the bad guy left to wander off.
Nevertheless, liked the book and the writing. I'll probably listen to the next one of the series as well. I just hope this heroine has more brains in her head.
Samantha
Dec 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book more than the 1st in the series. I felt the connection and the romance more. I loved Tobin because he was strong and silent but he also had a gentle side to him. The plot was flowing and I kept wondering if the bad guys were going to get them. I love the unity of this family. Overall this was a good western romance!
Pamela(AllHoney)
I found this one at the library and decided to try it. I read a few others in this series and skipped this one for some reason. I liked it. It flowed nicely and didn't lag much. Tobin was a wonderful hero but I wasn't as fond of Libby. I thought Libby had a few borderline TSTL moments that made me mad. But I'd recommend it to fans of American West Romances.
Heidi
I absolutely loved this book. I loved Tobin from the start and I completely related to Libby 100%, being a spoiled "princess" myself! I loved that the main focus was on the H/h, not some other outside sub-plot. There was great dialog(for a shy, quiet man, he sure has the right words) and the interaction & chemistry between characters was wonderful! Can't wait to read the next in the series. This one is easily a favorite for me! Reminds me of the country song that says, "a back woods boy and ...more
Gail
Pretty sure I read this before. I remember the family wanting to sell a horse for the daughter of a senator, and the spoiled daughter wanting nothing to do with horses. The hero comes with a horse and winds up teaching her to ride, and then rescuing her from various kinds of trouble. I remembered the story only vaguely and enjoyed reading it again. It's a good read.
Ririn
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jodi-thomas, gr-my-14
'It doesn't matter where we live. If I'm with you, I'm home.' *sighhh*
Sam
Feb 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in the Whispering Mountain series and while it was a good book I enjoyed the first one more. However, this book was well-developed and had a some good action to go with it.
Luvmyfamily
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So sweet! I really like the shy strong silent type!
Cece
Wow, I am completely taken back by how much I loved this book! I wasn't expecting much out of it, especially since I didn't like the first one in this series very much but the writing was good enough for me to try again and I am extremely glad that I did. I feel like this book did everything that the first one didn't especially with the two characters actually interacting!

I was completely swept away by this romance and I don't know if going forward any of these other McMurray's can beat Tobin be
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • Cherish
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • Rachel and the Hired Gun (Men of Defiance, #1)
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...

Whispering Mountain (7 books)
  • Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • The Lone Texan (Whispering Mountain, #4)
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Wild Texas Rose (Whispering Mountain, #6)
  • Promise Me Texas (Whispering Mountain, #7)