Start by marking “Moon Shadows” as Want to Read:
Moon Shadows

Moon Shadows

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,573 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Romance and magic meet by the light of the moon in this all-new all-star collection of Celtic tales from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts and New York Times bestselling authors Jill Gregory, Ruth Ryan Langan, and Marianne Willman.

Includes:
The Moon Witch by Jill Gregory
Blood on the Moon by Ruth Ryan Langan
West of the Moon by Mariann
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Jove (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Shadows

Laura (Kyahgirl)
2/5; 2 stars; C

Nora Roberts' female protagonists have, in my opinion, slowly evolved to a 'type' that shows up in story after story. I don't like it. Its boring.

In this story she's:

beautiful,
independent,
sexually confident,
self sufficient to a painful degree,
incredibly organized, early riser, gets more than is humanly possible done in any given day and still has time to moisturize (with magnificent products she's developed herself), exercise, and now, apparently, teach herself how to run an el
Debbie
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book actually has 4 stories in it, I have decided to review each one (briefly).

Wolf Moon by Nora Roberts
While backpacking her way through Italy, Simone had a life altering event. She started trying to find a solution, while living in a small town in Maine, with her loyal and well trained dog, Amico. After meeting the new town veterinarian, Gabe Kirby, she now has more than one reason to complete her search.
*****(5stars) Really wonderful story, makes you hope for that kind of true love. Ref
Jane Doe
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthology
I'm a huge fan of Nora, especially her writing as J. D. Robb for her In Death Series, this was such a disappointment. The writing in this story didn't flow well and didn't feel like her writing. She usually has a gift for blending characters well, but these two were stilted, flat and not believable together.
Evelyn
Sep 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
An anthology of romantic stories centered around the lore and lure of the full moon by three well-known romance authors.

Suspend your disbelief and embrace these three great fantasy romances. All three stories are interesting, but Roberts's stands out above the others.
Phylisha Stone
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great quartet of stories, with Nora Roberts leading the way with Wolf Moon. Each story could definitely stand alone.
Maura
Laura the Highland Hussy
Wolf Moon: I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts, but I was incredibly disappointed in this short story. Simone is attacked by a wolf and is turned into a Werewolf. So far so good. She becomes obsessed w/finding a "cure" for it. 11 yrs later. Enter local vet Gabe. Again, so far so good, her wolf takes him to mate, but she can't tell him about herself, or her "virus." By the end, he finds out she's a werewolf and helps her cure it. HEA--human ever after. I was kind of saddened. I had hoped that he would ...more
Amelia Elizabeth
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just reading Wolf Moon for my Nora Roberts Reading Challenge. I have read everything published since 2004 (except for the books that haven't been released yet).

I have to say I like how Nora Roberts seems to write these male characters who just worm their way into the woman's life. Simone wants to keep her distance since she's been turned into a werewolf but Gabe just nudges his way into her life. Together they end up working on a way to cure Simone of being a werewolf.

Personally it's the first
Angela
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, were, romance
I actually liked all four stories in this collection. And the first one, by Nora Roberts, Wolf Moon actually verges more on horror than romance. There is a romance in the tale (otherwise why would Nora write it), but it is centered around the horror of becoming and being a werewolf. Nice.

Jill Gregory's The Moon Witch and Marianne Willman's West of the Moon were both nice stories as well. My favorite in the foursome was Ruth Ryan Langan's Blood on the Moon, a strong woman, a mysterious man -- a l
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Review is only for the following stories:

--What's Going On--
Gujju Ellen
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I did not feel the usual 'pull' towards this story somehow! It lacks the usual flow I had started to expect in NR books. I found the 'love at first sight'- angle, a little hard to take in, considering Simone's affliction! Other than that, an effort has been made to bring logic into this fantastic situation.
Miki
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
First story (Nora Roberts) was good - the werewolf line is a different one for NR, and it held together well. Of course, Simone is a quintessential NR heroine - over-achieving, driven, multi-talented, and strong, but I guess if you're a werewolf, those aren't necessarily bad traits. Three stars for this one.

The other three rate 1 star each - I thought they were just plain silly.
Robert Kradoska
Did not finish this book
Kimngan Tran
west of the moon 3
Laura Elizabeth
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
This was a short story (literally about 45 pages) and it's pretty much a werewolf story. But what differs here is that it's more about a cure. Cute story, nice and wrapped up ending.
Sophia
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
good for a quick read
Brittany
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A wonderful collection of romantic fantasy stories, centering around the lore and lure of the full moon. While I enjoyed Nora Robert's story, it wasn't my favorite among the four.
Peggy
Jan 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-scifi
ruth ryans story was really fun to read
~Sara~
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: abandoned
Read Nora Roberts short only.
Kelly
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Must not have been very good; don't remember it.
Claudia G
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very interesting book by this authoress. I plan to read more by her and her cohorts in writing historical romances.
Liam Holmes
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Nora Roberts story in this! read it twice in 5 days lol.
Tawny
Oct 01, 2010 added it
My favorite is 2nd story- for some reason I always get weak in the knees for Highlanders... :)
Veroud
Jun 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Si es de gustar los hombres lobos, es una serie de diferentes historias basadas en una trilogia con diferentes protagonistas es bien, se puede leer en 2 dias
Sussan
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great short read
Jodie
Dec 06, 2007 added it
Another one I know I have on my shelves, but can't remember if I read it.
Shirl
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
My kind of story. It is a fairy tale mixed with wicked spells and love.
Neely Powell
  • When You Wish
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • Faery Magic
  • Nature Of The Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #5)
  • Bump in the Night (In Death, #22.5)
  • Moonglow
  • Lovescape
  • A Gothic Treasure Trove
  • Beyond The Dark: Forever Mine / Haunt Me / Soul Of The Wolf  (The Pack, #3)
  • The Warlock's Daughter
  • Bewitched
  • Secrets: Volume 14
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
More about Nora Roberts...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
  • Starter for Ten
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • Scored
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • The Paradise Guest House
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99