Start by marking “Moon Shadows” as Want to Read:
Moon Shadows

Moon Shadows

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,564 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Romance and magic meet by the light of the moon in this all-new all-star collection of Celtic tales from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts and New York Times bestselling authors Jill Gregory, Ruth Ryan Langan, and Marianne Willman.

Includes:
The Moon Witch by Jill Gregory
Blood on the Moon by Ruth Ryan Langan
West of the Moon by Mariann
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Jove (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Shadows

Laura (Kyahgirl)
2/5; 2 stars; C

Nora Roberts' female protagonists have, in my opinion, slowly evolved to a 'type' that shows up in story after story. I don't like it. Its boring.

In this story she's:

beautiful,
independent,
sexually confident,
self sufficient to a painful degree,
incredibly organized, early riser, gets more than is humanly possible done in any given day and still has time to moisturize (with magnificent products she's developed herself), exercise, and now, apparently, teach herself how to run an el
Debbie
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book actually has 4 stories in it, I have decided to review each one (briefly).

Wolf Moon by Nora Roberts
While backpacking her way through Italy, Simone had a life altering event. She started trying to find a solution, while living in a small town in Maine, with her loyal and well trained dog, Amico. After meeting the new town veterinarian, Gabe Kirby, she now has more than one reason to complete her search.
*****(5stars) Really wonderful story, makes you hope for that kind of true love. Ref
Jane Doe
I'm a huge fan of Nora, especially her writing as J. D. Robb for her In Death Series, this was such a disappointment. The writing in this story didn't flow well and didn't feel like her writing. She usually has a gift for blending characters well, but these two were stilted, flat and not believable together.
Evelyn
Sep 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
An anthology of romantic stories centered around the lore and lure of the full moon by three well-known romance authors.

Suspend your disbelief and embrace these three great fantasy romances. All three stories are interesting, but Roberts's stands out above the others.
Phylisha Stone
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great quartet of stories, with Nora Roberts leading the way with Wolf Moon. Each story could definitely stand alone.
Maura
Laura the Highland Hussy
Wolf Moon: I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts, but I was incredibly disappointed in this short story. Simone is attacked by a wolf and is turned into a Werewolf. So far so good. She becomes obsessed w/finding a "cure" for it. 11 yrs later. Enter local vet Gabe. Again, so far so good, her wolf takes him to mate, but she can't tell him about herself, or her "virus." By the end, he finds out she's a werewolf and helps her cure it. HEA--human ever after. I was kind of saddened. I had hoped that he would ...more
Amelia Elizabeth
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just reading Wolf Moon for my Nora Roberts Reading Challenge. I have read everything published since 2004 (except for the books that haven't been released yet).

I have to say I like how Nora Roberts seems to write these male characters who just worm their way into the woman's life. Simone wants to keep her distance since she's been turned into a werewolf but Gabe just nudges his way into her life. Together they end up working on a way to cure Simone of being a werewolf.

Personally it's the first
Angela
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, were, romance
I actually liked all four stories in this collection. And the first one, by Nora Roberts, Wolf Moon actually verges more on horror than romance. There is a romance in the tale (otherwise why would Nora write it), but it is centered around the horror of becoming and being a werewolf. Nice.

Jill Gregory's The Moon Witch and Marianne Willman's West of the Moon were both nice stories as well. My favorite in the foursome was Ruth Ryan Langan's Blood on the Moon, a strong woman, a mysterious man -- a l
Alex (HEAbooknerd)
Review is only for the following stories:

--What's Going On--
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • When You Wish
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • Faery Magic
  • Nature Of The Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #5)
  • Bump in the Night (In Death, #22.5)
  • Moonglow
  • Lovescape
  • A Gothic Treasure Trove
  • Beyond The Dark: Forever Mine / Haunt Me / Soul Of The Wolf  (The Pack, #3)
  • The Warlock's Daughter
  • Bewitched
  • Secrets: Volume 14
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
More about Nora Roberts...

“intelligent woman,” he remarked grimly. “You” 0 likes