Start by marking “Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)

Captivated

(The Donovan Legacy #1)

A classic novel from the enchanting series The Donovan Legacy.

Captivated

His interest in her was purely profes/>
Published February 1st 2004 by Silhouette (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Captivated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captivated

Start your review of Captivated (The Donovan Legacy, #1)
Katherine
Pros
Hanky Panky Hot Enough to Set the Book on Fire- Is it wrong that I’m listing it as a pro? Should I even be concerned that I’m listing it as a pro?

What the hell, I’m gonna totally list this as a pro.

This book may have been a hot mess, but DAMN does Nora Roberts know how to write sex scenes. What Nash and Morgana lack in an actual relationship they totally make up for it in the bedroom. In fact, and I really hate to say this, I think they might have actually been better off as
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Boring
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Steamy.
Overall: I like Nora, but this wasn’t a home run for me.
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Interesting twist on witches.
Page Turner: Somewhat
Series Cont.? I already have the next book so yeah.
Recommend: Maybe
Book Boyfriend: I guess Nash.

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This story died for me when with the insta-love happened. Sorry not a fan. And there was nothing else really for me to grab hold of to enjoy the story. The end/>/>Book/>/>/>Page/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
Aurian Booklover
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, you just have to pick up an old Nora Roberts book, sit back, and relax, and enjoy the story. Don’t think too much, just read and dream away. The Donovans series is one of my favourite series by Nora Roberts, and this is the first time I have read it in English.

Nash Kirkland is a screenplay writer, who likes the paranormal and horror in his movies, but he doesn’t believe in it, at all. For his next movie, he wants to investigate witchcraft, and witches, so he seeks out the local witch
Chitra *CJ*
''Captivated'' is the story of Morgana and Nash.

When the man who is extremely fascinated by the supernatural, but remains a skeptic meets the not-so-wicked-witch of Ireland, sparks fly!
Nash Kirkland is a famous screenwriter, who meets Morgana Donovan while researching his next script. Initially taken aback by her beauty, and soon enchanted by her temper, Nash does not seem to believe in her magic at all..until she proves herself, and he has no choice but to accept the truth. Bu
Anita
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Let's just say I wasn't . . . Captivated, that is. Paranormal Nora Roberts, this time with a family of witches. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for this book, but I felt totally disconnected from the characters and their passion. The narrative relating their feelings just didn't grab me and left me totally uninvolved with what happened to them and why.

Oscar winning screenwriter, Nash Kirkland seeks out the beautiful, self-professed witch, Morgana Donovan to help him with background on a screenpl
Julie
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Captivated by Nora Roberts is the first book in the Donovan trilogy. This one is short and sweet. Morgana is a witch, natural born. Nash makes movies about the paranormal, and wants to interview the local legend- a witch. So, Morgana agrees to give him some insight. Nash doesn't believe Morgana is REALLY a witch. He thinks she just capitalized on the legend to boost sales at her shop. Although she tries in vain to convince him she's a witch, he subbornly refuses to believe... until he finds hims ...more
Cyndi
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
The Great Nora never seems to fail when it comes to a romance. This is the beginning of a trilogy about the Donovan family. The Donovan's have a bit of extra. A bit of magic.
The story begins with 3 witchy sisters who met 3 witchy brothers and fell in love. Each pair had one child. This trilogy is about those three children.

Our hero is a screen writer on the lookout for inspiration. He visits a Wicca store in California and changes his destiny. He meets our heroine, a beautiful witch.
Will
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Nora Roberts weaves a magic spell in this book, because there's not really a plot and nothing much happens and the characters are kinda flat, but I also couldn't put it down?

Stylistically, I felt very reminded of Practical Magic, only without any plot, just one romance. There was such excellent mood to the writing, though, and that's what felt similar. It just felt magical in a way I can't quantify.

The biggest issue, aside from the lack of plot, is that Morgana's too perfect. S
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Captivated (The Donovan Legacy)

Captivated is the first of three book series. This is the love story of Morana and Nash. Morana is a from a long line of witch and she run a shop that sell spill and other witch things. Nash is a writer who want to write about witch so he come to Monterey, California to talk to Morana and a love story begins.
Nara
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know how to put my mind in this book.

Flat. That's all I think about this book. The heroine, a.k.a. The Witch, knowing too much, as if none of the future can shocked her. Boring much?

Too mystical, too fairy, too sparkling. Not this time.
Liza Wiemer
Love Nora Roberts. Magic and romance. Sigh.
Isabella Kai
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love writer characters and Nash is one of my favorite story tellers. It's nice being inside his head, seeing things the way he sees them. Cynic heroes are another favorite of mine. But with Nash's level of cynicism it can't be cured just by a normal woman. And Morgana Donovan is not a normal woman that's why she's a perfect match for him.

I like the idea of elementals and Morgana is in a sense an elemental. And she's also temperamental. It's was funny imagining her losing control ov
Jane Stewart
Not enough plot. Too much descriptions, ponderings, and feelings. It dragged. Narrator is not good with male voices.

The main plot was Nash a movie writer/director thought Morgana was a charlatan witch. He wanted to write a movie about witches. So he interviewed her to learn more about them. She was a real witch and told him truths. He liked what she told him but he thought they were tricks - not the real thing. Meanwhile they are sexually drawn to each other.

I listened to
Eliana Asri
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
it started of quite boring but still interesting as i got a little chance on how the imagination and thinking of a screenwriter , with the description of how nash see surrounding him and how those are going to inspired his writing . when he met morgana ( a witch ) both of them became a great lover to each other . it's like - brain , wit , humor met one another and fits each other perfectly . the love they had trully from their own feeling not even a love spells was casted . i loved how nash who ...more
Latoya
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Could not finish this book. I started. Stopped. Went back. Stopped again.
Sigh.
The story was lacking something.
Barbara
Jan 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio, romance, 2013
Gaaack.

And I probably should leave it at that. No content to this book.
Samina
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This a story about a witch called Morgana Donovan, who is exceptionally beautiful (as in all Nora Robert books) and Nash Kirkland, a blockbuster horror film screenplay writer, who is again very very handsome (as in all Nora Robert books).
There is this phrase used for Nash is the book, that I liked a lot - tall, tanned and tasty.

Okay, so Nash is writing a script on witches and he meets Morgana for research purposes. They kind of get instantly attracted. But Nash does not believe
Erika Hayes
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Nice plot and beautiful how the characters developed. I didn't care for the male protag to start, but as always Nora Roberts has a way of making us fall in love with them all! After a bit, she pulls back the layers of defenses and reveals a deeply emotional male that any woman would be attracted to. Her female protag is strong and willing to allow others needs to be more important than her own yet still remains strong and vital in her own life. I can't wait to read the next on ...more
Ashley Berry
Sadly, this is my least favorite of Nora's books. There are parts I thoroughly enjoyed and I loved the narrator, she is one of my favorites, but it wasn't enough to have me finish this series. I just couldn't keep up or connect with the characters.
Carolyn
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: roberts-nora
Cute Nora Roberts book with a paranormal twist. 3.5
MaryEllen Sinclair
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun easy read with a nice magic component.
Devin
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun story, loved the magic but Nash had some abusive characteristics that made our hard up like him overall.
Taylor Metcalfe
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very sensual and passionate romance and a great start for a series. I am looking forward to starting the next book.
Erika Hayes
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It was wonderful.
Rebecca
Old school Nora with a PNR twist. Light, easy read.

I think this is connected to another series, so research is in order.
Dawn
Morgana is from a magical family who have various gifts. Nash writes screenplays for movies with a supernatural theme. He has heard of a witch in a small town that runs a novelty store. He goes looking to gain another point of view of witches not believing for one minute that he is talking to a real one. This is a Nora Roberts book, so there is a love story. This one is a whirlwind and love at first sight. There is lots of imagery and emotion packed into the whole thing. Not as good as her later ...more
Quinn's Book Nook
After re-reading Charmed, the third book in the Donovan Legacy, I really wanted to go back and re-read Morgana's story. Captivated by Nora Roberts was another great re-read for me, but I do like Charmed more..
What I Liked:

Morgana is a heroine I can get behind. Not only that, but I would love to be her friend, because she will always be there for those she cares about.
I love how open Morgana is about who she is, especially with the fact that's she a witch. She never hesitates to tell Nash exa
Marisa
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a very fun book with just a flair of the supernatural and fantasy. I liked that Morgana doesn’t push her beliefs or skills, but is quietly amused by those who doubt without coming across as condescending. As Nash tries to get inspiration for his next movie, he finds quickly that he’s biting off more than he can chew. When Morgana finally decides she’s had enough, I laughed out loud.

The best part of all the characters throughout the book is that they’re unabashedly themselves
Jessica
This book was well written enough but it didnt really work for me. I like this storyline and roberts has done i before...mortal falls for witch all the while not believing in magic but I enjoyed very little else about this. I liked that morgana was strong and independent but something about her rubbed me the wrong way. Despite spending time talking about her self control she was careless with her magic and though she repeated the wiccan rede multiple time she did cause harm with her magic which ...more
Katrina
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
classic novel from the enchanting series The Donovan Legacy . Only the phenomenal Nora Roberts could have created the remarkable Donovan clan. Fascinating and irresistible, the mysterious Donovan cousins share a secret that's been handed down through generations -- a secret that sets them apart from ordinary beings. Captivated His interest in her was purely professional . . . Or so he told himself. Nash Kirkland had sought out the alluring Morgana Dovovan to help him research his latest screenpl ...more

The Donovan Legacy (4 books)
  • Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
  • Charmed (The Donovan Legacy, #3)
  • Enchanted (The Donovan Legacy, #4)
“A good story’s like a door, and you can go through it whenever you need to. After you’ve read it or seen it or heard it, you can still go back through it. Once it’s yours, it’s always yours.” 4 likes
“Everyone feels hemmed in from time to time, no matter where they live.” She laid a hand on his thigh. “When I’m feeling that way, I go to Ireland. Walk along an empty beach. When I do, I think of all the people who have walked there before, and will walk there again. Then it occurs to me that nothing is forever. No matter how bad, or how good, everything passes and moves on to another level.” “‘All things change; nothing perishes,’” he mumbled.” 1 likes