Start by marking “The Chesapeake Series Collection (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Chesapeake Series Collection (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1-4)

The Chesapeake Series Collection (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1-4)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  4,328 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
#1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts presents her breathtaking Chesapeake Series--SEA SWEPT, RISING TIDES, INNER HARBOR, and CHESAPEAKE BLUE presented together in one set for the first time.

SEA SWEPT

When Cameron Quinn receives word that his father has been in a terrible car accident and is near death, Cam returns home. Along with his two adopted brothers, Et
Box Set
Published March 30th 2004 by Jove (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Chesapeake Series Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chesapeake Series Collection

Colleen
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Yes, this book is romantic chick lit with lots of toe-curling sex, BUT it is actually a really engaging story. As someone from a big family, I love the dynamic between all of the Quinn brothers and their respective women. Nora Roberts does a great job introducing you to all the characters and making you care about all of them.
Jimmyjane
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Taken separately, these are awesome stories- but together, it is impossible not to get down on my knees and worship Nora Roberts for this quartet. Has anyone read this series and NOT fallen crazy in love with the Quinn men? They would have to be made of stone, because these characters are designed to make a girl swoon, each and every one of them. Find a friend who has read the series and you'll spend a delicious hour debating which brother you'd pick and why and oh! how it would all shake out th ...more
Taylor
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i loved this series. it was just really well written. i feel like her characters always have some kind of challenge they're trying to overcome, but the characters of this series had much darker pasts. It was, dare i say this about a romance novel, a little heavy (just their pasts, not the books).
Estara
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance, who don't mind a ghost.
Recommended to Estara by: one of my favourite series of hers
Jennifer Gelert
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
First of all, I love any book that Nora Roberts writes. These stories are about the Quinn brothers, Cam, Ethan, Philip and Seth. Not related by blood but by love. Each book deals with the story of each son starting with Cam. The 3 older boys stand by their father's death bed and make a promise to take care of another lost boy (Seth). My favorite of the 4 books involves Ethan.

The love, loyalty and family bonds these books have are wonderful. Last night as I finished the fourth book "Chesapeake B
Lori Crague
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This set of four books is about 4 adopted brothers - about their lives, how each was changed by their parents influence, and how each one finds love and makes their own way. Love the town this is set in and all the personalties of the four young men - One of Nora Roberts best series - I could read this again and again.
Lindsay
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Books 1 and 4 were my favorite. Overall such a great series. I definitely recommend.
Mahita
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Short Take: A little too emotional for me!

Ray Quinn and Stella Quinn are a married couple, who have a large heart, enough to nurture three abused boys, Cameron, Ethan and Phillip, into grown men, capable of standing on their own two feet. The series kicks off with Ray Quinn on a hospital bed and his three sons waiting for him to open his eyes. When he does, he extracts a promise to take care of his another adopted son, Seth Quinn, who is ten year old and just joined the Quinn household and passe
Lisa
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: NPR
Shelves: npr
I went into this with higher hopes than was probably warranted. It was recommended on an NPR list of suggested romances and I'd read an article in The Guardian suggesting Roberts was not given a fair shake as a writer, given her chosen genre. Maybe it is one of the better options within the romance genre, but it's not a book (or genre) for me. The characters are all stereotypes; no depth whatsoever. Plot could have been invented by a computer program or snagged from a daytime soap opera. Languag ...more
Judithann Brown
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

I read these books years ago when they were first released but wanted a refresher. The Quinns are a wonderful family with an interesting dynamic. Thoroughly enjoyed this reread.
Debra Hall
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love this series! The character depth and story are amazing! Laugh out loud and cry like a baby, so good!
Angie McDermott-Knox
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good series of easy reading books. Easy to keep all the characters straight as they are introduced.
Maura
Steph
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~ Life's full of surprises and miracles.
~ Making a home, caring for family is important work. The most important work there is.
~ Life's a gift. It doesn't always fit comfortably, but it's precious.
~ Appreciate the little things. They'll build up if you do.
~ There is a destiny that makes us brothers; None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own. ~ Edwin Markham
~ Art is the accomplice of love ~ Remy De Gourmont
~Education is supposed to be more than lea
Dawn
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: li
Omnibus/Collection:
Sea Swept - 4/5
Rising Tides - 3.5/5
Inner Harbor - 3.5/5
Chesapeake Blue - 3/5

Sea Swept - The first of the Quinn Brothers and the first of the series, this was my favorite of the books. All the characters who follow are established well and because of this setup. Cameron is an engaging Hero and Anna a strong Heroine. Their mid story fight/misunderstanding is very believable, though the setup is a little too easy for the overall mother-figure stand in for Seth.

Rising Tides - You
Aleksandra Branka
Chesapeake Bay Saga

All four books are wonderfully written. Each one stands on its own but reading them together gives better understanding of all characters involved.
I always loved Nora Roberts books. This saga is no exception. The way she describes family dynamics, you feel part of that family or you want to be part of it.
Each book covers one of the brothers that are not really brothers. They are connected by this ten years old boy, Seth. By helping him, they help each other. They find love, st
June
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was intrigued by this book since it claimed to be written with a male's perspective on romance. I doubt that real men would be so sappy or crude. Nora Roberts, in my opinion, is a hit-or-miss author. Sometimes the dialogue in her stories is witty & entertaining and sometimes it's just over the top on the cheese factor. Sometimes her story lines and characters are engaging and compelling, other times they are just superficial and stereotyped. The only story I really cared for out of the 4 i ...more
Chrys Fey
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend the first three books to anyone who wants to learn how to create characters your readers can fall in love with. I also recommend them because the books are very good! My favorite was Rising Tides with Ethan. Ethan was my favorite brother and the love story is extremely sweet.

Chesapeake Blue: When I found out there was a book for Seth I was thrilled, but it didn't live up to my expectations. Part of me hoped Seth and Aubrey would've grown up to be a couple. I also didn't like
Katy M
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed, I cried and everything in between.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
Aside from some formatting issues, which is on Penguin Group, this is an excellent series. No surprise there as Nora Roberts is an excellent author. My favorite romance author and one of the few authors I reread on a regular basis. This is one group of friends I visit from time to time and this time read the full series from start to finish.
Nora Roberts gets it. Life, love, living...both sexes, all ages. Magic.
Juanita
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved following the lives of the characters in this series. Ray & Stella Quinn were extradordinary human beings that tool in 3 troubled unrelated teens (ray later took in another troubled kid) and turned their lives around. Each book detailed the hardships, background, dreams and romatic interests of Cam, Ethan, Phillip and Seth. Book 3 & 4 hels the biggest surprise! I was disappointed that the series ended!
Alison
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love Nora Roberts and I can't say I've really disliked any of her books, but this is one of my favorite series of hers. She portrays family dynamics is such a wonderful way and it is the relationships between the brothers and their families that draws to me just as much as the "romance" aspect of these books.
Megan
Jan 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
It was one of the first Trilogy's that I've read of hers. It turned my interest in her as a writer. I felt that she has a way with her characters in the stories and she writes so well. She has a way to keep you reading to where you can't put the book down until the story is finished.
Alida
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite series that I've read by Nora Roberts. I just love how each book in the series is from a different brother's point of view. And, of course, Nora always pulls thru with very satisfying love ...uh "encounters"... shall I say?!
Nadene
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Loved this series. Very unique stories, well written and explored characters from all angles as a good book should. Good strong, individyal characters. I may turn around and listen all over again! Great ride!
Dawn Harris
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite trilogies by Nora Roberts. I was riveted from the beginning and thought she made a wise choice starting off with Cameron Quinn in the series. It's funny, full of emotion and a good story.
Victoria
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of Nora Roberts novels and series and I have to say that the Chesapeake Series is BY FAR my absolute favorite. Of course, I have a hard time not liking any of her novels since they are simple feel goods, quick reads, and usually lovable male characters? :-)
Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror
This series is amazing!!!!!! Incredibly moving, intense, funny and powerful. My sister made me read them. I'm a big PNR fan and this is very different from what I usually read, never expected to love it this much!!!!!
Gladys Turner
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series.
I have tried and failed before to read a Nora Roberts book, but somehow this series hit the mark and kept going.

All the books (except 4) were 5 stars for me,while 4 was 4 stars.

I still don't know whether I will read again by this author but I'm keeping this one.
Donna
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this series before and listened to the unabridged version. If you have read this series, it is okay to listen to this version. If not, I recommend listening to the unabridged version instead. You will miss out on what makes a Nora Roberts book worth reading.
Christina
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It's written really well and you can't help but fall in love with these books. The characters each have their own personalities and thoughts which can be seen in each book. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves romance and a heart touching story.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The In Death Collection: Books 11-15
  • Rendezvous / Ravished / Reckless (Amanda Quick Triple Exclusive)
  • The Stars that Tremble (Stars, #1)
  • Little Butterfly, Volume 03
  • First Avenue
  • The Iron Man
  • Strictly Temporary
  • Angel Rogue (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • The Bloodstone Affair (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #2)
  • A Change of Season (Seasons of Pleasure, #5)
  • The Prince She Had to Marry (Bravo Royales, #2)
  • A Woman's Heart (Castleough, #1)
  • Plain Jane (A House for the Season, #2)
  • C.J.'s Fate
More about Nora Roberts...

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)
“then looked directly into the father’s eyes. “I’m aware that over the” 0 likes